banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
newguy

Thought some of you might be interested in knowing about a cover version of The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald recently released by a singer named Brian Burns. He does a really nice job on the song and adds the names of all of the crewmen at the end. You can hear a good chunk of it on his website (brianburnsmusic.com) and you can buy his stuff at mytexasmusic.com. The song is on his new "Heavy Weather" CD.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
newguy

Thought some of you might be interested in knowing about a cover version of The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald recently released by a singer named Brian Burns. He does a really nice job on the song and adds the names of all of the crewmen at the end. You can hear a good chunk of it on his website (brianburnsmusic.com) and you can buy his stuff at mytexasmusic.com. The song is on his new "Heavy Weather" CD.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:22 AM   #3
Janice

Wow, VERY nice voice and a strong appreciation for Gord's arrangement.

I actually took down the information to order this CD and not because of the Wreck. Anyone who knows me, knows this is not one of my favorite Lightfoot songs - I don't hate it, it's just not one of my favorites. I really liked all the clips I listened to and was really drawn to the the last cut, The Mistress Of Storms and now I have to hear it. Of course the irony is that he dedicated this song to the captain and crew of the Edmond Fitzgerald and "all souls lost at sea" - but in listening to the clip and reading the lyrics, I chose to interpret it as an analogy for for something else entirely - but than again, "all souls lost at sea" could very well mean that he included my interpretation as a possibility as well . That's the wonderful thing about music, the songs can mean whatever you need them to mean at any given moment.

Thanks for the information about this guy.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote