banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
seafarer62

Default Minneapolis - March 22, 2009

Tickets on sale at Ticketmaster: Friday Jan. 23 @ 10:00 a.m.

Does anyone know the pre-sale password?

In the past, it has been something like: Gordon or Sundown

Thanks in advance for any help.

The concert is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Sunday March 22. That's an hour earlier than usual.
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Gitchigumee

Default Re: Minneapolis - March 22, 2009

Go to Val's web site and you will have all the timeliest information, and in many cases, an inside track to pre-sale tickets.

http://www.gordonlightfoot.com/

I look forward to seeing many of you at the State Theatre concert on March 22nd!

- Gitchigumee
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Claudia

Send a message via MSN to Claudia

If someone is still looking for the password...

It's Sundown and the presale is today from 10:00am-10:00pm

Claudia
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
Gitchigumee

I have 2 extra tickets I purchased during the Presale. Section LOGE R, Row B, Seats 8-9. Here's the seating chart:

http://www.hennepintheatredistrict.org/seatingcharts/

Let me know if you're interested, I will sell them at cost.
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
seafarer62

Bought two tickets on the pre-sale. Best I could do is Row O, slightly to the Mike/Rick side of the stage. If someone gets better seats on Friday with the general sale, this pre-sale isn't as great as it should be.

Has Ticketmaster charges gone from ridiculous to extortion level? Two tickets to Gord cost $130 by the time I was done. Where is the federal bailout money for me?

The concert is at 7:00 p.m. that night..... about an hour earlier than past concerts.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
Test4eggroll

Through the regular sale today, I scored a seat in Main Floor Section One, Row A. So I guess this is actually the 3rd row because of the two pit rows. Should be a great show. Im driving down from the U.P. of Michigan. Will there be any preshow gathering? There are alot of nice eaterys and pubs nearby the venue. Best seats I saw on the presale were 20 rows back. Saw a few things in the first 10 rows today.

Last edited by Test4eggroll; 01-23-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Test4eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
seafarer62

OK.... I have made a mental note never to do the "pre-sale" again. I might have saved $3 a ticket, but I am 15 rows back in Row O. Do they sell the broken seats in the pre-sale? With Ticketmaster charges already, who the hell cares about $3 bucks?

There is a Hard Rock Cafe or something adjacent to the State Theatre. That's a possible watering hole.... down around the bend in the water.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
Gitchigumee

Yeah my first try at the pre-sale got me 2 balcony seats, and that was less than 60 seconds after the sale began. I didn't check where the section was before I clicked "buy" because I just figured when I saw Row B, that it was right up front. What's up with that?

My friend and I are planning on Dinner at the Hard Rock before the concert. Would love to re-unite and meet more folks from Corfid.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Test4eggroll

The Minnesota Timberwolves are playing a game that afternoon at 2:30. Might be a cool preshow activity. Either way it might make parking a little more of a hassle.
Test4eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
Claudia

I hardly dare to say.... I went directly to the box office at the State Thursday morning, was second in line and got: Front Row Pit, seat 1&2 = dead center.... whoa...how cool ist that? The lady sure made my day.
See you all in March..;-)
Old 01-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Gitchigumee

Good for you Claudia! I'm happy for you, I really am, you are a most deserving and devoted fan. I just don't have the option of going to the box office in person. I hope to see you that night. We're about 14 rows back, which is just about perfect.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #12
Claudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitchigumee View Post
Good for you Claudia! I'm happy for you, I really am, you are a most deserving and devoted fan. I just don't have the option of going to the box office in person. I hope to see you that night. We're about 14 rows back, which is just about perfect.
I don't know why that is but I always made the same experience everybody else made with Ticketmaster. You can be online the second they go on sale and still are rows back. I get the feeling that the venues, some of them at least, hold back their best seats for the box office. Everytime I can manage to go directly to the State...I get great seats. Same thing with Leo Kottke last year.
I sure hope we'll see us that evening - and everybody else from Corfid here. Not sure I'll manage dinner but we'll hook up inside the theater before the show and/or during intermission.
Looking very much forward to it!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
I hardly dare to say.... I went directly to the box office at the State Thursday morning, was second in line and got: Front Row Pit, seat 1&2 = dead center.... whoa...how cool ist that? The lady sure made my day.
See you all in March..;-)
Good for you that is way too cool!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Gitchigumee

The Minneapolis, State Theatre concert, is only about 2 weeks away! I am getting really excited, especially after reading a couple of the reviews from the Texas concerts. I am excited (and hopeful) of hearing Me & Bobby McGee. Interesting that he should add that one into his set list. Glad to see Alberta Bound, CRT & Winter's Night showing up on the lists also. I can't wait!

Anyone care to hook up before the show? My friend and I are planning on dinner at the Hard Rock, and would welcome any of you to join us. Just let me know.

-Gitchigumee