banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
charlene

Default St.Charles,Illinois-March 15-2014

Rick pic: Rolling west today, we come to the Arcada Theater in downtown St. Charles, near Chicago. This old place has a lot of stories and underground passages.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ArcadaTheatre-St.Charles-Chicago-3-15-2014-RH.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	6774  
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
Peter Bro10

Default Re: St.Charles,Illinois-March 15-2014

I've attended over 12 Lightfoot concerts in my time, ranging from the early 70's to this show last Friday. This was the most awesome experience yet! the venue as a bit cramped, and the adult beverages flowed profusely, but the audience was fairly well mannered. Gordon and crew gave a real good show for us "faithful" (stealing a line from Rick).
My seats were spitting distance from the stage, so that was nice.
After the show I was able to meet the band and spend a few minutes with Carter, and eventually meet Gordon himself. I had previously given up hope off ever doing a meet and greet like this! I was most impressed with the friendliness of the band members! Gordon sure surrounds himself with the best!
I hope to add a few pictures from that night in the near future... they're just not ready to upload just yet.
To anyone who might be "on the fence" about taking in another concert, just go! Thinking back on it, I've never regretted going to a Lightfoot concert!

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
dray7austin

Peter, I also know how you felt for I attended my first meet n greet a month ago. I had met Gord once before in 2007 waiting for him to leave a venue, but it in no way compared to the meet n greet. And the whole band is so nice. I probably talked the longest to Carter also. The only bandmate who didn't appear was Mike. Which we were told is the norm. As for the concert, I never had the privilege of seeing Gord in the 1970s or 80s. And he didn't tour Austin between 1981 and 2007. But I was there in 2007. And 2009. And 2014. I had been almost in pain waiting for him to return here this year after a five year absence. And I too am so mesmerized by his show to this day. I've seen a lot of bands, met a lot of musicians and worked with a lot of bands in my life. But Gordon tops them all. And he is so kind to his fans after each show. Whether it is a meet n greet or just an autograph outside the arena door. Not too many people who are of the "legendary" status are willing to be as accessible to their fan base. But maybe that's just why Gordon has such a loyal following. He doesn't get the credit he deserves here in the states. But those who do love him here, make up for those who are just so unaware of his greatness. Canada has a treasure who will be remembered 500 years from now in their country. Even Bob Dylan will be lucky to have a following in the states 100 years from now. Gordon is part of the fabric that not only weaves a country but grows within it's people. The memory of Gordon's music will never be blowin' in the wind to escape their memories. But will be handed down from generation to generation like a valuable family heirloom. And his music will be left to those who wish to understand who they are, from where they came and what they shall become. We in America should hope to be so lucky.

Last edited by dray7austin; 03-19-2014 at 01:22 AM.
dray7austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
charlene

Rick pic:The 'Al Capone' door to his private room in the basement of the Arcada Theater, west side of Chicago. It's just for storage now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	arcada theatre-al capone door to private room.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	6795  
Old 03-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
Peter Bro10

Over a week later, but finally have the pictures to post...
Unfortunately I don't have more photos to share... I guess I was wrapped up in the moment. And my shots during the concert are just not good enough to warrant posting here.
All in all it was an awesome evening... one I won't forget.

Additional note: the autographed photos are from 1974 (?) Chicago Auditorium Theater, I sneaked down from the balcony to the main floor, shot with 300mm handheld, with ektachrome that developed and printed myself... at the mere tender age of 14! These are some of my most treasured possessions, even more so now with the autographs! I have to admit that both Gord and Rick were surprised and had to give the pictures a good looking over before the autographed them!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lightfoot 3.15.2014_032_rt.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	544.8 KB
ID:	6807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lightfoot autographed pictures 005_rt.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	6808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lightfoot autographed pictures 006.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	6809  

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
charlene

omigoodness look at those photos!! and you developed them yourself at 14!! good grief!!!
I bet Rick took a double take for sure!
lolol
awesome!
Thanks for posting them!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
bethr

Great story and great pictures! I went to that show too - can I ask how you did the meet and greet? Did you just hang around afterwards and he came out?
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #8
redhead

Quote:
Over a week later, but finally have the pictures to post...
Unfortunately I don't have more photos to share... I guess I was wrapped up in the moment. And my shots during the concert are just not good enough to warrant posting here.
All in all it was an awesome evening... one I won't forget.
A belated thank you, Peter Bro10, for your recap of the St. Charles, Illinois concert and the terrific vintage photos. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend that night and kept wondering about how he was doing the entire time he was performing. Glad to see you had such a wonderful time.

Last edited by redhead; 04-02-2014 at 07:20 PM.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote