banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
Jeffnor

Default Re: Mr. Norms Karaoke

Hi Charlene, I just happened on this post in checking here. I guess it's ok to share/post stuff we do here and hopefully not have it pulled from You Tube. I'm the MrNorm mentioned here and been a GL fan since the 60s. I've seen him many times in concert and actually got started playing guitar because of his music and playing style. I'm not the best by any means, just an average run-of-the-mill player that likes to do GL songs and with YT enjoy posting my renditions. (others are a lot better then me though) I tend to add the bass, lead & keys in some cases to fill things out.

I saw the links you have here all come up dead so I figured I'd post a valid link to one of the GL songs I've done. This one is Saturday Clothes, I added some lead fills to it. If folks enjoy it then that's cool. I have maybe 10 or so up there on You Tube so if someone wants to add more links to what I've posted feel free to. I hope this is ok to post, just wanted to share an active link here to help you out. Here's the link:

Thanks
Jeffnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
charlene

thanks for updating the links..add more as you wish!
char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
Wheels

Hi Jeffnor aka Mr.Norm,
Nice job with Saturday's Clothes. You sounded very comforatable singing that!
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Jeffnor

It's weird but I didn't see anyone cover Hi'Way Songs so I thought I'd give it a shot. Let's see if I can get the link right...I did all the instruments to fill it out..

Old 08-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
Jesse Joe

Nice job Jeffnor... Do you take request ?
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
Jeffnor

Sometimes I do. I have some limitations because of things like arthritis and stuff. I'm hoping to check on surgery for my wrist next week though. It sucks, I used to be able to play 12 hours a day but now I'm lucky to get more then a couple songs done before I start throbbing. Let me know and I'll see. I know I can't do Don Q and stuff like that now, the wrist won't bend like it did in the old days.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
Jesse Joe

Oh sorry to hear about your arthritis, I was just wondering if you know the Gordon Lightfoot song "Flyin Blind" it is from his Harmony CD. If not no problems @ all, keep on playing those you like & feel comfortable with.

Good looking & sounding guitars you have, I just love the sound of a good 12 string guitar.

All the best to you my good man !
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
Jeffnor

Well, after having 5 surgeries on both hands I managed to do a few more songs, some pre and some post, so I thought I'd add them here. I also saw the post and what would we like to see GL cover, I thought of Teach Your Children so I'll add that too, it may not be a GL song but I bet it would sound great if he covered it. I'll see if I can get these links in here right, excuse the bad mix in some, the last should be the TYC cover wish:

High And Dry:

Christian Island:
Alberta Bound:
Did She Mention My Name:

Gord Cover Wish, Teach Your Children:

Last thing I'd like to say is Thank You for allowing us to post these covers we do....
Old 01-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Jeffnor

Jesse Joe, I think your comment on my guitars missed setting in my brain but thank you. I actually did a couple videos because elsewhere some asked or were wondering what I had. I'm retired now but over the years I managed to pick up a few guitars I liked or wanted so, as long as it's ok, I'll post 2 of the four videos I did that show most of my guitars. Who knows, maybe I'll start a trend.....