banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 10-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
Borderstone

If you recognize my reference to Fonzie from "Happy Days",way to go! :D

Just came from IMDB and was checking out todays birthdays. Henry Winkler who shot to stardom 30 years ago in that show is 61 today!

Hard to imagine him as the Fonz now but then again he played it so well,it's like two different people. From age 8 to 16,I had no bigger hero or influence than that character. I even had a red Fonxie t-shirt that said Aayyy! on the front.

I can actually credit that character with giving me some great life lessons that I still apply to myself today. Such is the open mind of a young boy. I took those little lessons at the end of the show 100% seriously.

Then,I thought at the time,that this was why we watched TV! :D Really!

Happy 61st Henry,always my favorite actor and still the coolest,in my book!

[ October 30, 2006, 17:47: Message edited by: Borderstone ]
Old 10-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Auburn Annie

Henry bucked the producers when his character was first introduced. They wanted him combing his hair back (a la Ed "Kookie" Byrnes, I guess) but he said, no, Arthur Fonzarelli was happy with himself as is and wouldn't be primping in a mirror. As a compromise, he glanced in the mirror, took out the comb as if to use it, then paused, saw he was perfect and said "ayyyy", giving himself a thumbs up - and a legend was born.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
Borderstone

Don't I know it Annie!

I used to do the same thing myself! LOL!

Of course with my curly hair,it had to wait until I got done combing it all!!

If I could,I'd show you how "puffy" my hair was then. I'll just say this,remember that boy with red hair on "Family Affair"? :D

Yeah,almost that big!