banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Moosedog

Default Interlochen

GREAT venue, GREAT concert last night! A couple of surprises..."Ringneck Loon" and the finale - "Fine as Fine Can Be". Gordon sounded fantastic, and the band was spot-on as always.

No set list, because I refuse to spend my time at a concert taking notes. LOL
Moosedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Moosedog

Default Re: Interlochen

Got one decent picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gord interlochen 72209.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	2800  
Old 07-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
TC

That's a great picture. I think an easier way to get the set list would be to bring a mini recorder, record the first few moments of each song for later reference...or realize that the set list is always the same. (oops)

TC
TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
podunklander

Am glad to know you had a great time Vickie and must have been awesome seats . LOVE that photo...thanks for sharing it here !!! And from where you were sitting, hmmmm must have been awfully close to your favorite Beatle so where's that photo!!! cough it up!!! hehe
Old 07-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
Moosedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by podunklander View Post
Am glad to know you had a great time Vickie and must have been awesome seats . LOVE that photo...thanks for sharing it here !!! And from where you were sitting, hmmmm must have been awfully close to your favorite Beatle so where's that photo!!! cough it up!!! hehe
LMAO, Pam!!! Someone in front of me had the biggest freakin head on the planet, so my picture of Terry didn't turn out very well.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
SherylKat

OMG, Moosedog - I was just talking to mandoann about "As Fine as Fine Can Be" just yesterday, saying HE'S GOT TO START PLAYING THE PIANO AGAIN. I hadn't listened to "Cold on the Shoulder" lately and there are about three songs on that album (or do we say CD now) where piano is featured prominently. You probably already know that was written for Ingrid/Melody, his daughter. The very first time I ever saw GML in concert, he played the piano and sang that song -- and then to lighten up the mood, he pretended to fall off the piano bench!

SherylKat
Old 07-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post
LMAO, Pam!!! Someone in front of me had the biggest freakin head on the planet, so my picture of Terry didn't turn out very well.
ok I can just imagine a photo of Terry..obliterated by the biggest freakin head on the planet .
Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylKat View Post
OMG, Moosedog - I was just talking to mandoann about "As Fine as Fine Can Be" just yesterday, saying HE'S GOT TO START PLAYING THE PIANO AGAIN. I hadn't listened to "Cold on the Shoulder" lately and there are about three songs on that album (or do we say CD now) where piano is featured prominently. You probably already know that was written for Ingrid/Melody, his daughter. The very first time I ever saw GML in concert, he played the piano and sang that song -- and then to lighten up the mood, he pretended to fall off the piano bench!

SherylKat
gadz I would love to hear him playing piano in concert. You got to be there for some special memories, how kewl !
Old 07-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #9
gwenagain

Send a message via Yahoo to gwenagain

Gord plays at some interesting venues, most of them are architectural wonders. Have only been to one that was being re-decorated during the period Gord was scheduled to play there in IN, but, the concert was incredible...
Interlochen sounded interesting due to the school of music that is there.