banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 03-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Germany76

Default Canada/New England, here I come!!

A few days ago I booked a flight to Toronto; I`m on a one -year leave from my job and had planned to travel extensively throughout; but as it turned out I had to cancel my plans last fall (Massey and all) due to health problems. But at the moment things look pretty good, and so, from April,6 to May,19 IŽll be wherever my feet (or Greyhound bus) are going to take me. I plan on spending a week in the GTA region and will be at the April,14 Hamilton concert.
IŽd be ever so thrilled to meet as many people as I possibly can during that period; so, if you live in the area and have some time to spend, maybe for lunch, dinner or whatever, let me know. IŽll also be down in the Hartford,Conn. area at some time not yet determined to see a very old friend there. IŽm very excited about it all. Thank you so much for reading my lines. Vera
Germany76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Canada/New England, here I come!!

I'll be at the Hamilton show-probably arriving just in time for the show though. Don't forget that there will probably be a Massey/Lightfoot event in May 2011 !
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
jj

glad you're in good health again, excited for you
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
podunklander

Have a safe trip and travels! I'm not far from Hartford!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Germany76

Thank you , jj and Podunklander; IŽm already feeling nervous about it all- especially about the flight. I havenŽt been on a long-distance flight in 30 years. Wedging my old bones into economy-class seating. Can you read on planes? IŽll let you know how I survived the trip. V.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germany76 View Post
Thank you , jj and Podunklander; IŽm already feeling nervous about it all- especially about the flight. I havenŽt been on a long-distance flight in 30 years. Wedging my old bones into economy-class seating. Can you read on planes? IŽll let you know how I survived the trip. V.
oh don't worry about the flight ...enjoy!!! it'll be fine and go by fast! I just loved being able to fly again (though never have, overseas) -hadn't in quite awhile. I read and did crossword puzzles ...but spent most of the time chatting.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
Germany76

So this is my 3rd day in Toronto- nice weather, thanks a lot! I've seen a lot of shopping malls so far. But the weather channel says next Tuesday ( Hamilton) it will be sunny and warm. So maybe museums is the word of the day. Take care V.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
charlene

you should have been here last week - it was summer! lol
these april showers will go away...i hope!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
Jesse Joe

Welcome to Canada Germany76... the weather is awesome for April, have a great time.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
Germany76

Hi,there,my Hartfort,Conn. days will be over by tomorrow; you wouldn't believe what I've been going through those last few days, trying to figure out how to proceed from here. Have you ever been to the Greyhound website? There was no way they would let me know how to get to Quebec City! I would be willing to assume any time that this is my own inability to surf those sites: but one very computer- and web-savvy person reassured me that this isn't so. Right now I've decided to take a bus up to Boston. I would have loved to go to Cape Cod, rent a bike and see as much as I can on 2 wheels.But I'm afraid I won't get into C.C. to begin with.I really wanted to be outside the big cities for once, but it seems like I' m thrown back on either Boston or Portland. What made me think I'd find public transportation out in the countryside?.(F.ex. I found a very nice hotel up in Bar Habor,Maine: but there isn't any bus going there, except for the summer months.(at least that's what the website says.)Wish me luck; I'll keep you posted. V.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #11
Germany76

I was visiting an old friend: we first met in Heidelberg in 1970!!!Unfortunately she is having some serious health issues these day and we couldn't get around as much as I would have liked to; plus the weather a the time; I wanted to go to Stonington to see the lighthouse.2miles befor we got there ( we'd already had a glimpse of some water) our brakes burnt out.My friend likes to hit the brakes real hard(she does some speeding from time to time) and for those STOP signs popping up...Well, there we were by the roadside, wating for AAA to tow. Her boyfriend wasn't all that happy about the idea of picking us up; so the Pick-up truck gave us a ride as well back to South Windsor. So, no ocean for me.I'm still in Portland, trying to find a way to grt to Quebec City.I found a bus going out of Bangor, MAINE TO Moncton, N.B. How does that sound, Jesse? I sure could work my way to Q.C. from there. I'm staying at a holiday Inn, doing a lot of hiking along the bay and maybe I''l take the ferry to one of the islands a bit later today.So, Have a nice Sunday, everybody Vera