banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #1
Robby Lake

"I don't believe in miracles
if it's all the same by you"-"Drifters"
I'm recently married and always believed that
meeting that special somebody would be a miracle.
And so I believe in them.
Do you guys think that Gordon was just venting or do you think that that's what he believes?
("and if i ever get to heaven,"Heaven Don't Deserve Me" anyway.) :D
Old 01-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
Robby Lake

Oh, by the way...missed you guys!Talk with you soon
Old 01-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
charlene

For some of us, the "Meeting a miracle" did happen....the 'ever-after with a miracle' was another story....
perhaps Gord feels that way too....
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
Borderstone

I think he's simply saying,in reality he doesn't believe in "grand" unexplained miracles but if it were possible,he'd make them happen for whomever he's singing that too in the song.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #5
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

As I wander I return, to days gone by there’s much to be learned
Sometimes I wish, that miracles could be.
But at best I fail to see, any happenin’,
Some gotta lose and some gotta win
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Iron

Who knows for sure? When it's a great thing,some consider it a "miracle".What is it when it is the opposite??
Old 02-02-2006, 01:01 AM   #7
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatchman:
Well, I think since he wrote "Drifters", he probably does believe in miracles. If not, then he should!
I sure think you're right about that, Watchman.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
Robby Lake

Right on,Right on.
When one is speaking matter-of-factly then I believe it's not fair to take what is said out of context.
Robby Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:16 AM   #9
marc in maine

Miracles are events that defy the laws of nature. Maybe Mr. Lightfoot has hit on something there?
marc in maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #10
LSH

With Watchman on this one. He ought to believe in them now. He's a walking talking miracle.
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #11
marc in maine

Belief in miracles only requires an open mind. I think Gordon's mind is open. As it was once put..."There are none so blind as those who will not see, none so deaf as those who will not here."
Old 03-03-2006, 01:24 AM   #12
marc in maine

I think it's a miracle that "The Watchman's Gone" was never a top ten in the US!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #13
marc in maine

What?
Old 03-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #14
brink-

okay a bad miracle that it didn't make it to the top ten. I understood what he meant - Al you are so literal sometimes. How is the new family member? Has he convinced you yet that the couch is his and you can sit on it when he lets you? He is beautiful guy. Can you post a recent picture? Same with you Sharron and Lori. New pictures of Rohn and Annie are needed too.

[ March 03, 2006, 17:13: Message edited by: brink- ]
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #15
charlene

I understood what was said too Brink.
I think most did.
C'mon Lori - let's see you post a pic of Annie!!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:59 AM   #16
marc in maine

Sorry, watchman. Kind of a miracle your so misunderstood on this one, huh! ...just kiddin'
I used the word loosely to lighten up the topic, as is sometimes my style. Without using the "M" word, aren't you scratching your head, wondering why that song was so "neglected". Our poll shows it at #1 so far. By a good margin!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:19 AM   #17
geodeticman

Send a message via AIM to geodeticman

Watchman,
After reading all the above, and bringing to mind your contradictory paradigm's when u attempt to apply them, I get one repeating feeling. You *REALLY* know how to make it happen. What's worse , you seem to enjoy it. And that is in the John Wayne sense, Gord sings of in WFY's "Drink Yer Glasses Empty" . JUST when I think I get you, you display inconsistencies that defy logic. Marc meant that as a COMPLIMENT regarding the song Watchman.
Yet, again, you find what I auspect most chose to overlook or simply knew what he meant, and that was a *minute* fallacy in logic with the strict definition of miracle. My impression is Marc meant it in the context of "an amazing thing" it did not go top 10, as a compliment. You are one intolerant nitpicker Watchman. This I say right on the heels of a charitable response I made to you in small talk a minute ago : YET ANOTHER display of intolerance by u and... YOU have the audacity to pick apart yet another enjoyable posting ( I exclude mine, you have so relentlessly closed your mind to mine, I give up with u ) ? Your quotation references to Knights of the road makes me think of the valient and brave Arthurian priciples espoused so deeply in "Don Quixote" that you miss by many leagues. One last display of tolerance in my mind is this - I DO admire your speaking of praying for Gord during his darkest hours medically. You have the right stuff bangin' around in that confused head of yours, but you lose it in the crepuscular and involute manner in which you belch it out at times. As others have said in other postings of mine you so haughtily have tried to "critique" which humrously implies a position of authority , ( self-appointed or not),
lighten-up friend, and remember the golden rule. Also, whether it is Freudian, Rogerian, or Jungian, or 20 or so other models since, it is generally accepted that one is quickest to point out the errors of other's ways when they are in fact criticizing that which they have the lowest opinion of in themself, or simply stated, criticize others in the areas you fear you are most deficient in yourself. A person with adequate self-esteem has no need to do this on inconsequential, petty matters. You dish it out Watchman ( granted, in between good postings of yours) but fall apart when it is pointed out in you.

p.s. my apologies to others for the length to which I went here, especially when I have unfailingly espoused tolerance, but this person has dogged me relentlessly to the point of inevitable seismic eruption. Watchman you are a Knight "ERR"ant. That which you want to be and profess to be ,is indeed admirable, and I wish you luck. BTW u got it right in smalltalk - "good GOD man, good GOD". Think a little about that one and let us start with ourselves before criticizing others. Too serious they/I are ? "j/k" and "no offense" don't cut the rope any longer guy, u need to learn some manners, son. Shall we try again ? - Peace.
geodeticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #18
charlene

"Too serious they/I are ? "j/k" and "no offense" don't cut the rope any longer guy, u need to learn some manners, son. Shall we try again ? - Peace."

AMEN

Char
Old 03-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #19
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

Watchman made an enemy.
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:06 AM   #20
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

James, this isn't high school. There are no "enemies" here.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote