banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Jenney

Default Patrick Swayze

He fought a brave battle, but lost it today. Dirty Dancing is one of those movies that will make me stop whatever I'm doing and watch it like I've never seen it before.
What a lovely person he seemed to be, inside and out.
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Patrick Swayze

a fave movie of mine..and Lisa's. she watches it at least once a month..57 is too young but he fought a good fight..
very sad.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Borderstone

I just heard the news only an hour ago.

I recall Patrick as far back as his guest appearence on M*A*S*H in 1981,when he played a wounded soldier named Gary Sturgis who finds out from Dr. Ben "Hawkeye" Pierce that he has Leukemia.

For little known actor then\,he played his role well.

Then I skip ahead to Dirty Dancing,the first movie I saw in 1988 and one of the last in my teen years. I hadn't been to the movies in two years. I had kind of shied away from seeing movies after one film i saw made me kind of emotionally upset.

Dirty Dancing helped me out that fear and even though I did it for myself,I do thank Patrick too. He was funnyand just overall great in the movie and not just some "poster boy" with no talent.

No one desrves to leave this soon. Rest In peace Patrick,you deserved to dance on much longer.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
ELizabeth

Bon Voyage Patrick! (: Loved him in "Dirty Dancing" but don't forget "Ghost(s)"! I will never forget Demi Moore's haircut or the potting scene from that movie.
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
ELizabeth

Adieu Patrick! Loved him in "Dirty Dancing" but don't forget "Ghost(s)"! I will never forget Demi Moore's haircut or the potting scene from that movie.
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

"Ghost" was the first Patrick film I ever saw. I believe it's about time I watched that movie again. (It'll be kind of weird, now that he really is dead in real life )
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
Jesse Joe

"Ghost" is the only Patrick Swayze movie I have seen. It was very powerful, great movie.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
timetraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMoppens View Post
Other than "Dirty Dancing" I really love Patrick & Wesley Snipes on "To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything - Julie Newmar"

There is nothing funnier or more fun than a couple of hunks like Patrick & Wesley all decked out as a couple of drag queens carrying on. Just so incredibly hilarious. It cracks my hubby up! I mean - Wesley Snipes in heels, make-up, hair & nails. ottay!

Patrick will be missed... I feel so sad for his wife. They were soul mates.
Yeah, "To Wong Foo" was a fine film. For me, though, my personal favourite was & always will be "Ghost". I must say that he did show a great deal of courage too. The last person that I saw with that same kind of courage was the late Christopher Reeve. The funny part is that the first thing I thought of when I heard of his passing was the final scene in Ghost. i know that he has, I think, two equally talented brothers who are actors. One of them had a small part in an episode of NCIS.