banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
      
round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2004, 09:54 PM   #26
djb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

quote:Originally posted by LSH:
I'm actually going to the accepting agent today to turn in stuff for an expedited passport. yes!

This is what happens when I work nights. I mis-read this post from LSH, and that is why I thought she was a passport ossifer.

And believe me, the coffee is STRONG.

I would also love to read the Sundown parody, if you happen to have it handy.

By the way, I tried to make the chat but had no luck getting through the firewall. I can get out for some things, but it doesn't seem to like mirc or John's chat applet. I also tried to hook up to a friend's ftp site and come in through the backdoor, but he'd shut 'er down for the night.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:56 PM   #27
djb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

quote:Originally posted by Cathy:
Oh, so on the NG, you're David In Sweden? I didn't know that!
You are from Orillia originally, but now live in Sweden?


Yes, that's me. Born in Orillia. I've been in Sweden since 1999.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:56 PM   #28
djb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

quote:Originally posted by Cathy:
Oh, so on the NG, you're David In Sweden? I didn't know that!
You are from Orillia originally, but now live in Sweden?


Yes, that's me. Born in Orillia. I've been in Sweden since 1999.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:57 PM   #29
johnfowles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Jersey U.S.A. ex UK and Canada
Posts: 4,860
Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default

quote:Originally posted by Gary:
A very rare promo copy of a 1979 PBS Lightfoot concert in Chicago on DVD.
Not that rare Gary nor a promo:-
You mean this one eh Gary


Opinion expressed previously was that this was made originally in Japan but a variety of profiteers sell it on ebay (all from California).
Also the two others that I knew had bought it said the video quality was no better than the VHS tape version.So presumably Joveski thinks otherwise. Interesting
John Fowles
Talking about television shows
There was a documentary on TV last night about a religeous order who spend all their time playing stringed musical instruments.
So I've written to complain that there's too much sects and violins on TV these days...


johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:57 PM   #30
johnfowles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Jersey U.S.A. ex UK and Canada
Posts: 4,860
Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default

quote:Originally posted by Gary:
A very rare promo copy of a 1979 PBS Lightfoot concert in Chicago on DVD.
Not that rare Gary nor a promo:-
You mean this one eh Gary


Opinion expressed previously was that this was made originally in Japan but a variety of profiteers sell it on ebay (all from California).
Also the two others that I knew had bought it said the video quality was no better than the VHS tape version.So presumably Joveski thinks otherwise. Interesting
John Fowles
Talking about television shows
There was a documentary on TV last night about a religeous order who spend all their time playing stringed musical instruments.
So I've written to complain that there's too much sects and violins on TV these days...

Last edited by johnfowles; 11-04-2021 at 05:10 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 01:29 AM   #31
joveski
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,804
Default

> presumably Joveski thinks otherwise. Interesting


interesting in what way? i have a vhs copy that is a few generations down and looks more crappy than the dvd version
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #32
Station Master
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 462
Send a message via ICQ to Station Master
Default

quote:Originally posted by Bill:
Here's an idea: get a record company, or Lightfoot's organization to collect as much footage as possible that's been floating around...interviews, performances, and such.


great stuff but I think alot of that stuff makes Gord cringe so it's unlikely...he'd probably like the smash up some of the videos and bootlegs that are already floating around...like he did with that Early Lightfoot stuff, lol:
http://www.lindsaymorgan.ca/jandl.htm

wish the pic of Doidge and Lanois was larger

ps) ever been to Sea, Billy?
err, ever been to Seabright, David?
Station Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #33
jj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 5,272
Default

quote:Originally posted by Bill:
Here's an idea: get a record company, or Lightfoot's organization to collect as much footage as possible that's been floating around...interviews, performances, and such.


great stuff but I think alot of that stuff makes Gord cringe so it's unlikely...he'd probably like the smash up some of the videos and bootlegs that are already floating around...like he did with that Early Lightfoot stuff, lol:
http://www.lindsaymorgan.ca/jandl.htm

wish the pic of Doidge and Lanois was larger

ps) ever been to Sea, Billy?
err, ever been to Seabright, David?
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:33 AM   #34
M3g4d37h
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There was never an "official" releae of Soundstage (which would be a PBS release)put to DVD, not even a promo. They are basically all the same rip of a VHS tape, but decent quality (if I am mistaken, I would love to be corrected, because if there is a superior version floating around, I would love to have it)..

I bought it as well, but as I see it, there's someone who got a gecent tape of the event through an insider, he put it to DVD, and sold it -- Not hard to do, I re-author old VHS movies from time to time, as well as making custom DVD karaoke disks, as it saves me from hauling aroung lots of CD+G disks when my wife's friends want to sing karaoke..

Anyway, if anyone has some other Gord video, I would love to trade.. this is the only one I have that is not official, so hit me up if you're interested. If all the fans have it and it's not official anyway, then the profiteering will be slowed... I for one would buy the official release if it were ever to come about, you just can't compare the quality, and plus I would always do that as a matter of principle.. SUPPORT THE ARTIST!

Regards,

M3g4d37h
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:33 AM   #35
M3g4d37h
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There was never an "official" releae of Soundstage (which would be a PBS release)put to DVD, not even a promo. They are basically all the same rip of a VHS tape, but decent quality (if I am mistaken, I would love to be corrected, because if there is a superior version floating around, I would love to have it)..

I bought it as well, but as I see it, there's someone who got a gecent tape of the event through an insider, he put it to DVD, and sold it -- Not hard to do, I re-author old VHS movies from time to time, as well as making custom DVD karaoke disks, as it saves me from hauling aroung lots of CD+G disks when my wife's friends want to sing karaoke..

Anyway, if anyone has some other Gord video, I would love to trade.. this is the only one I have that is not official, so hit me up if you're interested. If all the fans have it and it's not official anyway, then the profiteering will be slowed... I for one would buy the official release if it were ever to come about, you just can't compare the quality, and plus I would always do that as a matter of principle.. SUPPORT THE ARTIST!

Regards,

M3g4d37h
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #36
seahawk11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: johnstown, colorado, usa
Posts: 123
Default

I have this DVD...it looks like it was ripped straight off a VHS tape; pretty rough picture quality. Plus, the DVD would not play in my regular DVD player, but did work on the computer.
seahawk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video-IYCRMM-Soundstage 1979 imported_Next_Saturday General Discussion 4 03-17-2008 08:55 PM
1979 Soundstage Guitars dad2mak General Discussion 3 03-16-2008 03:22 PM
Ask Gordon about a Soundstage 1979 DVD ESJ General Discussion 3 06-26-2007 11:44 PM
1979 PBS Soundstage video kenny General Discussion 8 07-01-2005 12:34 PM
'GORDON LIGHTFOOT live 1979 Soundstage DVD' on ebay... Moonforest General Discussion 5 07-22-2004 04:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
downleft 1x1.gif (807 Byte) downright