banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
podunklander

Default open mic on youtube

I just got a youtube channel up for our open mic ! Please check it out and feel free to leave feedback for our performers!!!

Here is Camp Corky and the Swamp Yankee Girls, their original song, "Old Dirt Road"!!! You can also hear their music on myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=348398976

Last edited by podunklander; 01-11-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
Nightingale

Default Re: open mic on youtube

Hi Pam,
Happy New Year! Wow...they are having fun and they sound pretty darn good
Thanks for posting this.
I am having trouble watching YouTube right now. My computer keeps loading the video but it takes forever. Don't know why.
It's sad...YouTube is one of my favorite things to do...sigh...

So, are you doing okay these days? Got lots of snow by you?
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
Nightingale

That will be great if you get a video of you performing. I would love to see it and hope you will post it here.
That sounds like fun, having your son home with you and spoiling him They never grow out of loving that.
Surgery sounds pretty worrisome. I didn't know that was coming up for you. Are the cysts caused by something or just there because you are the lucky gal that gets them?
I wish you luck with that.
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Old 01-13-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
Nightingale

Sorry I have to post quickly or I get logged out and have to start over...so annoying!

Well, getting through the holidays was a biggie for me this year. We have had lots of illness in the family, nothing too serious but it makes it hard to get everyone together at the same time. Several sad happenings, which makes it hard to stay cheerful but you do what you gotta do
We had a good time....good family bonding. All the kids came home and bugged us so that kept us busy, too.
Now, I am working hard to stay warm. Lots of ice and cold temps. here. It is getting below zero tomorrow. Ick!
Waiting for spring! Nothing too exciting but everything is going okay.

I should get the telescope out...clear skies and beautiful stars out lately.
I am such a pansy...lol. Brrr...too cold and I like it by the fire
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"

Last edited by Nightingale; 01-13-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
SilverHeels

A friend of mine had a large cyst on her wrist and she had it whacked with something - and it was great ever after.
I know it sounds a trifle primitive but it does seem to work.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Nightingale

Okay, I admit that I have never heard of whacking any of your body parts to get rid of a cyst but I am an open minded person. It really works, eh? Ouch!!!

I hope whatever course of action you take, Pam, that it will not be too painful or keep you from doing all the things you enjoy for very long.
Carpal tunnel can be painful...do you have pain with it or mainly numbness?

Your mom sounds like a wise woman about the birthday issue. You know, it is really hard to fit in four separate birthday celebrations in the middle of the Christmas to-do list. I make myself do it because I don't think it's fair not to...lol. It's just a thing I have.

Telescope...I will. Just not this week...lol. 12 below zero with wind is way too cold for me. I agree though, those winter night skies are the most beautiful and best for viewing.

Silverheels, I like your name It's one of my favorite Gordon Lightfoot songs, too.
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Old 01-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
timetraveler

This open mic thing sounds like a lot of fun, but I wouldn't have the nerve to do it as I suspect that folks would think that they were viewing/listening to a singing grizzly bear.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
This open mic thing sounds like a lot of fun, but I wouldn't have the nerve to do it as I suspect that folks would think that they were viewing/listening to a singing grizzly bear.
Oh that's what they get when I sing grrrrROAR lol.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #9
Nightingale

Oh Pam...you whacky girl, you!!!! LOL...

Hey, that's great if it works for you and you can at least postpone surgery for awhile longer.
I don't know, but I would think the recovery time for healing with your thumbs would be a while. I am sure you miss playing the guitar when you can't do it...I would

Best of luck with it, what ever you end up doing. I know a lot of people that have had carpal tunnel but have not heard much about alternative treatments...sounds very interesting.

Uhh...you might want to find someone with a steadier aim for the next whacking session...lol. That's gotta hurt at least a little so the first attempt should also be the last.
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Old 01-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #10
fezo

You'll be fine, Pam!

I know how the difference between minor surgery and major surgery is that major surgery is the one they do on you, but my brother had a cyst on his face ages ago and other than a really cool dueling scar he had no really problems after that. I know thumbs are different but I bet you'll be fine.

I was in for the ol' every couple of week blood thing today. Now they give me one set of IV meds before they start to prevent rejection and another set after it's over to chelate out all the extra iron which has begun to build up in organs. When they get the iron down in the blood down the liver, pancreas, etc will fix themselves.
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #11
charlene

I know having both done at one time has its advantages but seeing as it IS your THUMBS you will be quite disabled!
Maybe one at a time will be best..
Good luck!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
fezo

Been feeling OK - just very tired and I can't bend down annd get right up or I feel like I'm going to faint. That was the real first symptom of all this.

Transfusions aren't bad but they are boring. I had a book with me, some CNN because I'm enjoying the beginning of the new presidency and the iPod. Makes for a nice day but one where i am just sitting in a recliner (or reclining in a recliner...) for over 6 hours.

Discovery of the day on the iPod is patty Loveless's Sleepless nights. It's all real old country tunes done very respectfully. Nice stuff. brought a lot of old tunes from the back of my head to the front of my head. Was also on a bit of a Rodney Crowell kick. With any luck I'll be seeing him tomorrow night.

Does the doctor favor doing two thumbs at once? Charlene makes a good point on the degree of disability of having no thumbs to use for a bit. You are already realizing things like tying shoes and such. Heck, just a doorknob would be a pain.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #13
fezo

Well, by the time you're reading this you'll be in the world of those without opposable thumbs for a bit. Hope you've got friends about to help out. Wish I'd asked about the surgeon earlier. I'd be screaming "ONE AT A TIME!" too late now. Heck, I'd consider the general anesthesia a plus. Any time I don't have to look at or feel what's going on is good by me.

Yeah, i've gotten caught with the long transfusion. Usually because they had to get someone to go get the blood. Leaves me twiddling my thumbs. Yesterday went pretty quickly but it's still a whole sick day.