banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #1
Auburn Annie

On November 10, 2005 the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum will post a live webcast of the 30th anniversary of the sinking of the Great Lakes Freighter Edmund Fitzgerald. Relatives and friends of the Fitzgerald crew will gather with other dignitaries at 7pm to remember these men who died when their ship went down in a horrific Lake Superior storm on November 10th, 1975. The museum houses the bell recovered 10 years ago from the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald and it will be the centerpiece of the November 10th ceremony. The bell will be rung 29 times for each man lost on the Fitzgerald and a 30th time to remember the thousands of other mariners lost on the Great Lakes. You may be part of this webcast, live from the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point, by clicking on the internet link GO TO WEB CAST below. The webcast will begin at approximately 7pm EST and end at approximately 8pm EST, on November 10, 2005. This link will be active ONLY during this specific hour. Your ability to connect will depend on the operating system of your computer, the speed of your internet connection and your browser settings. You must have Windows Media Player to properly view this live webcast. This webcast is made possible through a partnership with abc12 News, Flint, MI, and WWTV, Cadillac, MI.

http://www.shipwreckmuseum.com/
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #2
Auburn Annie

On November 10, 2005 the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum will post a live webcast of the 30th anniversary of the sinking of the Great Lakes Freighter Edmund Fitzgerald. Relatives and friends of the Fitzgerald crew will gather with other dignitaries at 7pm to remember these men who died when their ship went down in a horrific Lake Superior storm on November 10th, 1975. The museum houses the bell recovered 10 years ago from the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald and it will be the centerpiece of the November 10th ceremony. The bell will be rung 29 times for each man lost on the Fitzgerald and a 30th time to remember the thousands of other mariners lost on the Great Lakes. You may be part of this webcast, live from the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point, by clicking on the internet link GO TO WEB CAST below. The webcast will begin at approximately 7pm EST and end at approximately 8pm EST, on November 10, 2005. This link will be active ONLY during this specific hour. Your ability to connect will depend on the operating system of your computer, the speed of your internet connection and your browser settings. You must have Windows Media Player to properly view this live webcast. This webcast is made possible through a partnership with abc12 News, Flint, MI, and WWTV, Cadillac, MI.

http://www.shipwreckmuseum.com/
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
Tyler

Thanks Annie, as many of you know this event goes beyond Gord's song for me. I was there when it happened on the shores of Lake Superior I will watch the web cast if all works with the computer.
Mouse and Seafarer are going to be at a ceremony at Split Rock lighthouse, I think it must be very comforting in a way for the families to know that their men are remembered with reverence.
Again, Annie thanks - always on the ball!
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #4
brink

Thanks Annie, as many of you know this event goes beyond Gord's song for me. I was there when it happened on the shores of Lake Superior I will watch the web cast if all works with the computer.
Mouse and Seafarer are going to be at a ceremony at Split Rock lighthouse, I think it must be very comforting in a way for the families to know that their men are remembered with reverence.
Again, Annie thanks - always on the ball!
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #5
Borderstone

Can't make the webcast ... but at least I can see the Discovery channel special.