banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Jim Nasium

Default Allopass Bruxelles

While checking my bank statement recently I found a charge from a company , Allopass Bruxelles. Never heard of them. Did a search and found that they are some kind of Micro payment company in Belgium Brussells? Phoned my bank and got the money refunded. Upon doing another search I found many people across the globe have had unauthorised debits to their accounts by this outfit. Anyone here been stung?
Jim Nasium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
timetraveler

Default Re: Allopass Bruxelles

I've never been hit by those people, but from the sound of it, you got hit by some fairly clever scam artists. Jeez! This evening I finally checked my E-mail & found something from some goon in some African country that, from the language used, may have once been a French colony. I figure that the country of origin was African as the name of the sender appeared to be African. It was just another variation of an old scam where one supposedly has won a barge load of money but you have to pay some sort of idiot fee in order to collect your winnings. Another variant is that you've supposedly inherited a doublle boatload of cash from some foreigner that you've never heard of, and that in order to collect the goods you have to pay the taxes, or some such nonsense to get it. The main thing is, is that they also want personal info, which I'm not fool enough to give as I know what sort of scam they are. My mum even got hit by a scam that had to do with long distance calls that she had supposedly made when she didn't know anyone in the areas that were listed on the bill. She got those charges removed from her bill. So stay vigilant.