banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 03-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
LadyA

I'm a pretty new poster here although I registered a few years ago but forgot my name,etc. But I'm a long time Lightfoot fan (30+ years). I read such wonderful posts from all of you that I'm reaching out today to ask for prayers for another Lightfoot fan, my sister. I turned her into a Lightfoot fan by "dragging" her to a concert & she was hooked. Yesterday, she found out she has uterine cancer. We don't yet know how far this has progressed but I KNOW that we need good thoughts & lots of prayers. So I'm asking from one Lightfoot fan to another, please keep her in your thoughts & prayers. Thanks!
LadyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #2
Gitchigumee

They can do amazing things with what was a few years ago a very grim outlook. She'll be in my prayers through her treatments and recovery. Hopefully, Gord's music can help her and you through the rough spots along the way. And keep us updated OK 'cuz we do care.
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #3
ELizabeth

Prayers ascending from Virginia for your sister's comfort and peace during her treatment.
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Auburn Annie

Prayers from Central New York, too. Prognosis (outcome) is usually pretty good, especially if it hasn't spread beyond the endometrial lining of the uterus. Endometrial (uterine) cancer is usually diagnosed at an early stage. The 1-year survival rate is about 94%. The 5-year survival rate for endometrial cancer that has not spread is 96%. Pretty good odds.

[old habits die hard - I'm a medical librarian.]
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
charlene

healing thoughts from Toronto - for your sister, you and your families..
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyA:
although I registered a few years ago but forgot my name,etc.
Lady A , add my prayers too we can ill afford to lose any Lightfoot fan and in replying I cannot resist commenting that it must be devastating to forget your name,no doubt our erudite Annie can find a medical term for it!!
Anyway I see you are "self employed" in California as was member #105 Ann B when she registered in 2000 from Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA. could that be you??
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #7
Dream Street Rose

Lady A,

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, your sister, family and friends. I totally believe in the power of positive thinking and prayer. Please keep us informed. We do care.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #8
SilverHeels

Lady A,
prayers and healing thoughts for your sister are on their way from the UK.
A good friend of mine is on the prayer list too.
Lighthead prayers are mighty powerful. Your sister is going to be just fine.

(check the thread 2M2L. You probably remember him)
Old 03-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

We'll be a prayin' that she gets well.
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:30 PM   #10
LadyA

My heartfelt thanks to each of you for your thoughts, prayers & words of encouragement. At the end of a long day, they've made me feel much better. And, John, YOU FOUND MY NAME. Thank you, I feel better knowing my name again. Now if I can remember the password, maybe I could go back to using it. It's a lower number than all of you....how'd that happen? Again, my thanks to all of you.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #11
DJ in MJ

Healing thoughts from Sweden too.

Having been through a major operation myself a few months ago, I can indeed agree that they can do wonders these days.
DJ in MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #12
The Rez

Prayer Beyond what Tongue Can Tell . . .

Rez
[Psalm 139:13]
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #13
Jesse Joe

Hi Lady A,

Healing "thoughts" from Moncton, NB Canada...

For her to get well, and speedy recovery.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #14
Borderstone

Lady A,your sister and your family most certainly have my thoughts,good wishes and prayers.

Keep the faith.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #15
joveski

thoughts and prayers from the land downunder
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #16
Dream Street Rose

Hello LadyA,

Just wanted you to know our thoughts and prayers are still going. I also pray for strength for your family and friends. I do believe in there being strength in numbers so count us in.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #17
geodeticman

Send a message via AIM to geodeticman

Lady A,
I'll definately pray for your sister and your whole family. As Silverheels says so well, Lightfoot fan prayers are mighty powerful . I think it is in part due to the fact that so many of them from my experience are wonderful "Rainy Day People". Good-hearted people just seem drawn to his music and powerful lyrics.

It is good to pray for others' medical needs while in the midst of our own in my family, as it reminds me that there are others at any given time out there in pain or duress too; getting through their difficulties medically or otherwise, and helps me to dwell less on mine and my wife's, and remind us we are not alone, just as neither are your sis nor you.

Your sis, family, and you sure have my prayers in mind and heart, and hang in there to the both of you. My experiences over the last ten years are that there is in fact light at the end of every tunnel I've seen medically, and I am sure with prayers and positive thinking your sister will find hers as well.

Cheer up if you can, and remember as many above have said; don't hesitate to post more or PM about this to those who speak to you in their words; this group really does care about one another, and that includes your sister and you !

Thoughts and Prayers,
geo Steve
geodeticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #18
Dream Street Rose

Steve,

Your post is so powerful. I have goosebumps just reading this. I think you are totally correct about everything. Thank you for putting the feelings into words.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #19
LadyA

Words cannot express how much all of your postings have meant to me. Just the international scope alone boggles my mind. I'd forgotten how geographically diverse this group is. And it is filled with loving, caring people but how could Lightheads be anything else? To each & every one of you, my heartfelt thanks & appreciation. As I continue to pray for my sister (& for 2M2L, as well as others), I will also give thanks for all of you.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #20
Gitchigumee

Lady A, we've all been in your situation at one time or another, with loved ones of our own. And we all know, or should know, that the same news you received last week could happen to us next week, tomorrow, or 5 minutes from now. We never know when that phone call will come. Dark days come to all of us throughout our lives, but rest assured you are not alone in your darkness and the sun will continue to rise each morning. And it's not the path we would choose for ourselves or our loved ones, but it's the path we must travel and just because it's not perfect, doesn't mean it can't be really good too. Look for opportunities to become closer with family and to enjoy life's little pleasures together, such as that beautiful sunrise I mentioned before.
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #21
jj

Quote:
Originally posted by joveski:
thoughts and prayers from the land downunder
adding thoughts and prayers from the land upover
jim (canada)
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #22
louisemnnpls

Send a message via Yahoo to louisemnnpls

There are prayers for your sister, and your entire family coming from Minnesota. Keep us posted on her progress. There is nothing that God cannot do. He holds us all in the palm of His hand.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #23
louisemnnpls

[QUOTE]Originally posted by geodeticman:
Lady A,
I'll definately pray for your sister and your whole family. As Silverheels says so well, Lightfoot fan prayers are mighty powerful .
Old 03-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #24
louisemnnpls

[quote]Originally posted by louisemnnpls:
Quote:
Originally posted by geodeticman:
Lady A,
"I'll definately pray for your sister and your whole family. As Silverheels says so well, Lightfoot fan prayers are mighty powerful " .
- Sorry, I didn't add what I was attempting to in the previous post. But, we've all REALLY been confronted with this issue, in the last few years, from the health problems of Gord, and of many of his fans??!! Prayer has been such a frequent topic. It has to be one of the most powerful forces in the world.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #25
LadyA

First, let me say that things are looking VERY positive for my sister now. She was diagnosed in the early stages and it has not spread. It's been a very anxious few weeks as I'm sure you can all imagine & I know some of you have been there yourselves. I am forever grateful for each & every one of the postings here because, as you do, I believe that nothing is stronger than prayer (& Lightfoot prayers may be stronger than most). I hope that the prayers, warmth & good thoughts sent out by each of you to me & my family are returned to you one hundred fold. My prayers continue to give thanks for all of you.