banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-11-2003, 04:09 AM   #1
The Intended

Would appreciate ANY information about Gord's health. Saw only a brief mention on the TV news last year and then nothing. Can you help?

------------------

The Intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 04:09 AM   #2
carolinalulu

Would appreciate ANY information about Gord's health. Saw only a brief mention on the TV news last year and then nothing. Can you help?

------------------

carolinalulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 07:21 AM   #3
Auburn Annie

Hi, Carolinalulu (love the name)!

Gord gave an interview to the Toronto Star in April about what happened to him and what he's working on now. It's archived at Val Magee's site: http://gordonlightfoot.com/thestar_c...eaths_door.htm

He truly was knock-knock-knockin' at heaven's door last fall (out completely for 6+ weeks through repeated surgeries - very serious stuff) but is up and on his feet and plowing ahead with his recovery. He hopes to resume touring in autumn of next year, and continues to work on a new album that he already had 23 songs written for before his illness. He still has one more planned surgery in late summer/early fall to face, so our prayers continue for him and his family but we are delighted in his resolve to come back and perform again.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 07:21 AM   #4
Auburn Annie

Hi, Carolinalulu (love the name)!

Gord gave an interview to the Toronto Star in April about what happened to him and what he's working on now. It's archived at Val Magee's site: http://gordonlightfoot.com/thestar_c...eaths_door.htm

He truly was knock-knock-knockin' at heaven's door last fall (out completely for 6+ weeks through repeated surgeries - very serious stuff) but is up and on his feet and plowing ahead with his recovery. He hopes to resume touring in autumn of next year, and continues to work on a new album that he already had 23 songs written for before his illness. He still has one more planned surgery in late summer/early fall to face, so our prayers continue for him and his family but we are delighted in his resolve to come back and perform again.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:17 PM   #5
Borderstone

Aw,Annie! You beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same thing. Carolia,that post can be found here though by going to the bottom of this screen and clicking the #4 and it's in the list of threads somewhere near the middle. Have a nice weekend! Later!
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:45 PM   #6
DMD3

H*lls bells. At least you heard some news. I have heard absolutely no news at all. I don't watch the news 24/7 nor do I read the paper from outside until in but you'd think I'd be able to find something. I would've never known about this at all if it wasn't for this site.(Where would I be without it)
Old 07-17-2003, 09:45 PM   #7
DMD3

H*lls bells. At least you heard some news. I have heard absolutely no news at all. I don't watch the news 24/7 nor do I read the paper from outside until in but you'd think I'd be able to find something. I would've never known about this at all if it wasn't for this site.(Where would I be without it)
Old 07-18-2003, 07:24 AM   #8
Auburn Annie

Well, I don't either, DMD3 but I keep an eye on Toronto news via The Toronto Star and to a lesser extent The Globe and Mail, both online. My husband is Canadian, grew up in the Parkdale section of Toronto, and while he's lived in the states for 23 years, TO is still familiar stompin' grounds for him. So when there's something about GL locally (e.g. Toronto) I usually catch it.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:24 AM   #9
Auburn Annie

Well, I don't either, DMD3 but I keep an eye on Toronto news via The Toronto Star and to a lesser extent The Globe and Mail, both online. My husband is Canadian, grew up in the Parkdale section of Toronto, and while he's lived in the states for 23 years, TO is still familiar stompin' grounds for him. So when there's something about GL locally (e.g. Toronto) I usually catch it.