banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2001, 09:00 PM   #1
Carlos Mendes-Rosa

Well one nice fan took pity on me due to a previous post lamenting the fact that the PBS Live In Reno show did not air in my town. Gave me info on how to order a copy directly from the company that produced it for $24.95! I sent a check on blind faith alone and received the video in 3 weeks. It's the real thing. Since I also believe in "what goes around comes around," I will pass on my good fortune. Send the check to:

Clear Cut Inc.
PO Box 3153
Brentwood TN 37024-3153

If you're not the trusting type, their phone is 615-370-3760 (Kristen ext. #12) or
Kristen@thEntertainment.com

I'm hosting an all-night party this Fri. to watch the video over & over & over. You're all invited! Now I'm thinking I should have ordered 2 copies--one to be placed in my safe deposit box at the bank along with the copies of the final four. Hmmm, I do live along an earthquake fault or in the event of a robbery I'm sure they'd go right for the tape. I've gotta go and send off another check before you all buy the remaining copies! Maybe I better get 3...
Carlos Mendes-Rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 09:00 PM   #2
supaiblue

Well one nice fan took pity on me due to a previous post lamenting the fact that the PBS Live In Reno show did not air in my town. Gave me info on how to order a copy directly from the company that produced it for $24.95! I sent a check on blind faith alone and received the video in 3 weeks. It's the real thing. Since I also believe in "what goes around comes around," I will pass on my good fortune. Send the check to:

Clear Cut Inc.
PO Box 3153
Brentwood TN 37024-3153

If you're not the trusting type, their phone is 615-370-3760 (Kristen ext. #12) or
Kristen@thEntertainment.com

I'm hosting an all-night party this Fri. to watch the video over & over & over. You're all invited! Now I'm thinking I should have ordered 2 copies--one to be placed in my safe deposit box at the bank along with the copies of the final four. Hmmm, I do live along an earthquake fault or in the event of a robbery I'm sure they'd go right for the tape. I've gotta go and send off another check before you all buy the remaining copies! Maybe I better get 3...
supaiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 10:08 PM   #3
rainydayperson

SB...you are too much...lol. What snacks should we bring?
rainydayperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 10:08 PM   #4
classicmixdj

SB...you are too much...lol. What snacks should we bring?
classicmixdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 06:49 AM   #5
SilverHeels

What time are we all expected? Remember I
got a LONG way to travel. lol
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:12 PM   #6
Sheila Ann

supaiblue,
Thanks for the generous tip re: Live In Reno video and Clear Cut Inc. I took a chance and mailed off my $24.95 and today I got my "present"...THE ENTIRE UNCUT PERFORMANCE! So much better than the horrible VCR tapings that I did from the two PBS broadcasts that I watched. Bottom line...I'm NOT a good taper at all.
Now I'll make a contribution to my local PBS station. $125 was a bit steep for membership and the video.
Thank you, again.
Sheila-B
Sheila Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 09:57 PM   #7
WillieMaysFan

Many thanks, supaiblue. I sent an e-mail to Kristen Topping at Clear Cut, Inc. and she was extremely helpful. I received my copy of the concert yesterday and it is fabulous. It was great to see live for the first time two more of my all-time favorite Gord tunes (The House You Live In and Old Dan's Records). The tape is very well done, a real treasure for Gordon Lightfoot fans. Thanks again, supaiblue for sharing the information. Your generosity made this so easy for the rest of us.
Y.S.
WillieMaysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 09:57 PM   #8
young stranger

Many thanks, supaiblue. I sent an e-mail to Kristen Topping at Clear Cut, Inc. and she was extremely helpful. I received my copy of the concert yesterday and it is fabulous. It was great to see live for the first time two more of my all-time favorite Gord tunes (The House You Live In and Old Dan's Records). The tape is very well done, a real treasure for Gordon Lightfoot fans. Thanks again, supaiblue for sharing the information. Your generosity made this so easy for the rest of us.
Y.S.
young stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 12:06 PM   #9
Kasey

Hi Sheila-B -
The video you received was an UNCUT concert? I received mine last week, and it was only 90 minutes, and missing some of the songs that were played in the concert. Does yours have "Beautiful" on it, for instance? If you indeed got the whole enchilada, I want to write ClearCut again and ask if there are two versions going out! I want the WHOLE THING if available!!!!

--Judy

------------------
"the mornin' after blues, from my head down to my shoes..."
-------------------------
"Laughing eyes and smiling face..."
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 12:06 PM   #10
theotterjudy

Hi Sheila-B -
The video you received was an UNCUT concert? I received mine last week, and it was only 90 minutes, and missing some of the songs that were played in the concert. Does yours have "Beautiful" on it, for instance? If you indeed got the whole enchilada, I want to write ClearCut again and ask if there are two versions going out! I want the WHOLE THING if available!!!!

--Judy

------------------
theotterjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 10:59 PM   #11
Sheila Ann

Judy-
No, sorry, I did not get the full 27-song video from Clear Cut. I got the 22-song/90 minute version that they are selling. When my copy arrived I had this strange nagging feeling that I had read someplace that the full concert was nearly two hours long. When I read your post I knew for sure that I had read that somewhere. According to Valerie Magee's website, this video is five songs short of the full concert. In my excitement, I definitely chose the wrong words in my earlier post and I do apologize. However, I'll enjoy this tape til I get my hands on a copy of the real thing! 22 is a whole lot better than 14!
Sheila-B
Sheila Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 08:46 AM   #12
sonia

supaiblue: I can't thank you enough for passing on that info!
sonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 08:46 AM   #13
StreetRodGal

supaiblue: I can't thank you enough for passing on that info!
StreetRodGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 01:00 PM   #14
Kasey

Sheila-

No problem, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an alternative tape I could have gotten. Let me know if you ever find a source for the whole concert video (short of a $125.00 PBS membership!)in the future. Until then, like you, I will enjoy what I do have! Thanks for responding!

--Judy

------------------
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 01:00 PM   #15
theotterjudy

Sheila-

No problem, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an alternative tape I could have gotten. Let me know if you ever find a source for the whole concert video (short of a $125.00 PBS membership!)in the future. Until then, like you, I will enjoy what I do have! Thanks for responding!

--Judy

------------------
theotterjudy is offline   Reply With Quote