banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
Moosedog

Default Whitefish Point

I just spent a beautiful autumn day up at Whitefish Point. Nice and sunny, with a brisk wind off of Lake Superior. I walked into the Museum gift shop, and Gordon's CD was playing. That topped off a great day!

Vickie
Moosedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Kathy Number Four

Default Re: Whitefish Point

It's just SO SPECIAL to hear Gordon Lightfoot playing anywhere when you're "owt and abowt". You reminded me of something that happened recently on GordQuest 2007 with Kerstin, Dore, her husband Ken, and myself. It was our first night in Nashville, 9/11, the night before the concert. We were eating in a funky little all-night cafe called "Coco's" at about midnight. Almost all of the patrons were Vanderbilt University students, with books, papers and lap-tops covering the tables... first-week-of-classes studing frenzy. A fairly eclectic mix of music was playing on the PA , when suddenly, "If You Could Read My Mind" came on . Dore and I shouted in unison "Turn it UP!!!", which they did. Then we proceded to sing along at the top of our lungs, much to poor Kerstin's utter mortification. It was hilarious ... one of the MANY "you had to be there" moments, which made our trip so memorable!