banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-04-2000, 11:21 PM   #1
endlesswire78

In canary yellow canoe, Gord really is rockin out pretty good there, does anyone else agree that this song was Gord's most rock and roll themed?
Old 03-04-2000, 11:21 PM   #2
endlesswire78

In canary yellow canoe, Gord really is rockin out pretty good there, does anyone else agree that this song was Gord's most rock and roll themed?
Old 04-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #3
Borderstone

EW78: I know you posted this a looong time ago,but I thought I'd answer anyhow. Yes,he really gets down with his bad self on that one! I can't help but notice though that it sounds a lot like Chuck Berry's,"Roll Over Beethoven." I'm sure he didn't notice. He also rocks out pretty well on Salute's title track! He makes a bit of a mis-step (in my opinion) with the song,"Someone To Believe In." Sorry folks,I just find that one annoying. He makes up for it with the 2 I mentioned and,"Broken Dreams." I definetly like,"Endless Wire" the title track from that LP. The songs sound like .38 Special material but Gord does them pretty well,except for STBI,of course. Borderstone,outta here and Alberta Bound!
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 03:12 AM   #4
Phil McCup

Hey, BS, when you eventually get to Alberta, you might like to point me to a better Lightfoot lyric than:

"Is there someone sowing seams through all my hopes, through all my dreams? You know living a life of ease don't make your meals taste better, if you please".

If there is one , I've yet to hear it.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:12 AM   #5
Phil McCup

Hey, BS, when you eventually get to Alberta, you might like to point me to a better Lightfoot lyric than:

"Is there someone sowing seams through all my hopes, through all my dreams? You know living a life of ease don't make your meals taste better, if you please".

If there is one , I've yet to hear it.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:24 AM   #6
fowlesjohn

True, Phil. Borderstone, how could you man? One of his philosophical ones at that... and I thought your front was just to play unlearned. C'mon.
GSS
fowlesjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 10:24 AM   #7
gwen snyder

True, Phil. Borderstone, how could you man? One of his philosophical ones at that... and I thought your front was just to play unlearned. C'mon.
GSS
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 03:48 PM   #8
Borderstone

Boy,Smithers leave for a couple of days and the world goes to hand in a heckbasket! First let me say that I'm not sure what Gwen means by my "front to play unlearned." Also,I know the lyrics are top notch Lightfoot,I just don't feel it's appropriate that Gordon should have made it a rock song. A little more jazzy or blusey maybe,but not rock. I know an artist likes to stretch his or her musical abilities to show they are not just a 1 trick pony and also Gord,as I stated has a few good rockers,but I'm just saying it's not exactly the way some of us prefer to hear him play and sing. Just an opinion guys & ladies. B! O.H. & A.B.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #9
fowlesjohn

and just were have you been?

gss
fowlesjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #10
gwen snyder

and just were have you been?

gss
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 05:37 PM   #11
Borderstone

Gwen Snyder:Check my post in the "Bob Seger and GL" topic/thread if you'd like to know where I've been. All I'll say here is that I've been a busy,busy,boy! B! O.H. & A.B. !