banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-14-2000, 10:02 PM   #1
TennTroubadour

Send a message via AIM to TennTroubadour

Have heard rumors of a Bob Dylan/Gordon Lightfoot upcoming tour. Are they true and if so when?

------------------
TennTroubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2000, 10:26 PM   #2
charlene

I don't know about a tour but Dylan is in Toronto this Tuesdy and since Gord is taking a break from his tour Gord might show up at Dylan's concert! It will be something if he gets up to do a tune or two with Dylan!! I'll keep watch in the Toronto papers on Wednesday!
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2000, 10:26 PM   #3
Pirate Queen

as far as i know, it is just a rumour, and one that has been going around for a while. but i could die happy after seeing that.....
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2000, 10:27 PM   #4
Pirate Queen

wow, that would be cool. i would be so jealous of anyone seeing that. we managed to post at the exact same time, ya know...
Old 07-14-2000, 11:13 PM   #5
Tom

Jinx!
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2000, 11:23 PM   #6
Tom

Tenn,
yeah I also heard about a Dylan/Lightfoot tour. I would love that(better than the Dylan/Simon tour) because I've seen them both live @ to see them together would be a dream come true. Bob Dylan did a nice tribute to Lightfoot cutting "Ring Them Bells". I'd like to hear Gord sing "Forever Young" or something.

------------------
"...If YoU fEeL iT yOu BeTtEr BeLiEvE iT, yOu'Re GoNnA sEe It, YoU nEeD tO kNoW/iT iS rIsInG lIkE a FeAtHeR, dIpPiNg & DaNcInG fRoM bElOw/ThErE's A nEw WaVe ThAt Is BrEaKiNg In ThE wAkE oF a PaSsInG sHiP/eVeRy NaTiOn'S gOnNa Be ShAkEn, PuT iT tOgEtHeR, dOn'T lEt It SlIp..."
Old 07-14-2000, 11:36 PM   #7
Pirate Queen

Ring Them Bells IS a Dylan song, but Gord covered it on WFY.
Old 07-15-2000, 12:01 PM   #8
Mary Ann

If Dylan and Gord toured together that would be wonderful . . . cause with a lineup like that, they could book into a big arena like Philips and sell very well. Of course if they did make Philips one of their stops, ya'll would never hear from me again, for I would have died and gone to heaven!!! My office looks over the stage and during the event, curtains are drawn and we are unable to peek out. But at rehersal/sound check everything is fair game. Even better than that, I could run down to the floor and place my rear in the front row center seat and enjoy my own private concert. Do you think he'd take requests? (LOL)
Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2000, 01:54 PM   #9
Tom

Pirate...My bad, I should have said Gordon Lightfoot did a nice tribute to Dylan by cutting "Ring Them Bells". Sorry.
Old 07-15-2000, 02:17 PM   #10
Pirate Queen

quote:Originally posted by Tom:
Pirate...My bad, I should have said Gordon Lightfoot did a nice tribute to Dylan by cutting "Ring Them Bells". Sorry.

he did do a nice job on that song, didn't he? and if we go way back we can remember dylan doing early morning rain (though, for all the people who have done that, of course gord's if best). i agree with yr earlier statement. i would love to hear gord do something like forever young. or maybe jokerman, that would be interesting.

anyway, i am one of the people who is crossing her fingers for a dylan/lightfoot concert. as poor as i am, they are the only two concerts i have made sure to go to this year, and each was worth it, probably the two best concerts i have ever been to. the only thing i can imagine being better would be the two together. wow.
Old 11-07-2000, 07:10 PM   #11
Roy

When I saw Dylan present Gordon the Juno holl of fame award in 1985, it seemed that he was not kind to Gord. I thought these two would be close friends. But then I noticed an angry expression on Dylan's face when he sed to Gord 'They told me you wouldn't accept this unless i gave it to you', and then he went 'here!!!' and when he presented it to Gord, he made no eye contact and gave hime the cold-shoulder, and stabbed him in the chest with the award when he gave it to him. And walked off without a wave or a smile. Then I noticed Gordwas tripping over himself when thumbling over the speechinembarrassment. I was shocked, I mean how could a man who said "whenever I hear a Gordonlightfoot song, I wish it would never end" zot his best buddy with anger in front of millions of viewers?

I mean I could not even believe that Dylan was mad at Gord on tv for some silly reason. I wonder if Bob and Gord are friends again afther that inceident.
Old 11-11-2000, 03:46 PM   #12
charlene

Roy, I remember watching that show that night and feeling so horrible for Gord. It was rudeness beyond belief the way Dylan firstly took forever to get on stage after Anne Murray introduced him and then he acted like he was doing the free world a big favour by showing up and it was a big inconvenience to him. I almost cried for Gord. Gord was very distracted by it all. His speech was long and full of little jokes that Gord enjoyed but the audience was lost. Whenever I see that tape I fast forward because it is still too painful to watch. I hope someone had the nerve to tell Dylan off when he ambled offstage like a stoned moron.
It ruined what I wanted to be such a wonderful night for Gord as far as I was concerned. I'm sure that Gord being the polite, laid back guy he is never said anything about it to Dylan or anyone for that matter.
It showed a total lack of class and respect on Dylan's part.
Char
Old 11-18-2000, 10:53 PM   #13
supaiblue

Char, Here's another perspective of that day. I'm curious to know what you think of this one.
http://www.expectingrain.com/dok/who...ootgordon.html
supaiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2000, 02:59 PM   #14
charlene

It's true that Gord did not want the Hall of Fame award - one reason was he wanted Dylan to present it to him. Another was he didn't feel it was the right time. He was self conscious about it - uncomfortable with that sort of accolade at that point in his career and life.
I think Dylan made a boob of himself and certainly could have said something at least a bit endearing to Gord while on stage. I am glad that Gord's humbility (humility and humbleness) came through in the speech afterward and showed Dylan to be an egocentric, selfish fool.
Char
Old 11-20-2000, 11:16 PM   #15
Roy

Char,

if I ever met Bob Dylan in persen, I would aske him "why do you hate Gorden Lightfoot?"

I would also ask him"What was that all abaot stabbing himin the chest with that award??"

I mean why would hesay all that positive stuff about him and thenzoat him in the chest in front of all of his buddiesand mke him look bad in fronnt of all these wonderful fans who baught aoll of his reckerds. I mean was this guyjealus of Gorden or what?? I alsofeel that Bob is a relly meen jerk as a person. He may bae an esxcellent songriter but he surehas some attitude.