banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW
Default Baltimore Show 8/5/15

Anyone going to the Pier 6 show in Baltimore? Looks like a nice venue for August.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:47 AM   #2
paskatefan

Default Re: Baltimore Show 8/5/15

We can't make it there this year, but Pier 6 is a neat location for the show. We've been there to see Gordon when we visit Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

Gail
paskatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:43 AM   #3
JBrew

We'll be at the Baltimore show 8-5 and hoping the weather's good since it's an outdoor venue. Looking forward to it!
JBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:28 AM   #4
paskatefan

^ Have a wonderful time @ Pier 6, JBrew!

Gail
paskatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #5
BILLW

We're looking forward to the show. I have read conflicting reports about the acoustics but we'll see what we shall see. Some old-timers may recall a fella I might run into that night. I'm not a big bro-hugger but I will hug him for all of you that remember him. Funny how the "good old days" on corfid had so many colorful characters most of whom are in the wind somewhere on the Carefree Highway now...

Bill
Old 08-04-2015, 05:29 AM   #6
TheWatchman

I'll be there as well. I driven hours to see him over the years and can't pass up a 30 minute drive this time.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #7
charlene

well Bill and Watchman - hugs for both of you!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #8
BILLW

Al,

Lizanne always worries about stalkers when I post seat numbers but I think we'll be OK. We will be in SECTION 102 ROW C SEATS 1 & 3. I'm still the short haired/bald guy with the tropical shirts just a little older and... Hope we can meet up for some memorable photos. Sounds like a Marvel Comics movie title " The Watchman meets BILLW " in the flesh.

Hope to catch up with you and yours!

Bill check your PMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchman View Post
I'll be there as well. I driven hours to see him over the years and can't pass up a 30 minute drive this time.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #9
formerlylavender

Have fun guys! Can't wait to hear all about it
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #10
TheWatchman

Lol!! I won't miss the shirt!! My little girl will be in tow and I told her that when she goes back to school she'll be the only kid to be able to say she saw Gordon Lightfoot this summer and her teachers are probably all too young to even know who he is.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:10 AM   #11
TheWatchman

I was a pleasure to meet Bill and his lovely wife. We had seats very close to each other and very close to the stage. Carter, the new guitar player (I guess not so new now), was great. Great times! Great concert!
Old 08-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #12
BILLW

Thanks for stopping by. It was very nice to meet you and your husband.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrew View Post
We'll be at the Baltimore show 8-5 and hoping the weather's good since it's an outdoor venue. Looking forward to it!
Old 08-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #13
BILLW

So one of the first things that Gord told the audience was that he had "walking Pneumonia" and ,of course, I heard "rockin' Pneumonia" until he said it again. But the show must go on and it did not seem to degrade the performance at all in my opinion.

Lizanne has a setlist but she isn't here and I see it's already posted at lightfoot.ca! Pretty close to all the recent shows and that's fine as fine can be.

Lovely venue but it was pretty hot last night. It's right at the end of a pier in Baltimore's Inner Harbor with plenty of food and beverages for sale and ample "facilities".

The crowd itself was on fire and there were at least three standing ovations and it seemed to help him press on.

So the first time I meet TheWatchman and it's the first song Gord plays, nice!

Al and his daughter were lovely and the four of us had a nice chat before the show leaning up against the stage like we owned the place. Seats were great and one plus... we were quite near the speakers needed to push the sound into an open air tent venue and it was great, sort of like being midway back at a rock show, nice and loud.

Y'all know all this but just from my opinion the band is acting more like a band these days. Rick and Carter doing backup vocals a bit more and Gord and Carter doing more stand-up close together with guitars nearly touching. Don't know if it's a trend but we saw it twice within a week. I like it.

We met JBrew and her husband and that was nice that she braved a friendly hello at intermission. It's why I try and post my seat locations.

As soon as I remember how to post pictures I will...

Bill
Old 08-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #14
charlene

SETLIST
The Watchman's Gone
Waiting For You
All The Lovely Ladies
I'd Rather Press On
A Painter Passing Through
Christian Island
Rainy Day People
Shadows
Beautiful
Let It Ride
Carefree Highway
Did She Mention My Name
Ribbon Of Darkness
Sundown

Now And Then
Sweet Guinevere
The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
Never Too Close
14 Karat Gold
Clouds Of Loneliness
Minstrel Of The Dawn
If You Could Read My Mind
Restless
Baby Step Back
Early Morning Rain
Cold On The Shoulder
Old 08-06-2015, 06:39 PM   #15
charlene

sounds like a grand night Bill - great music and a meeting with Watchman! wowza! Posting pics these days is a pain -- they aren't posting at all!! -The forum is over quota and I can't get Florian to reply to my messages!! feel free to e-mail him too!
Old 08-07-2015, 07:10 AM   #16
BILLW

It was a grand night Char even if I forgot my shirts (what is the Canadian word for ironed?) that were on hangers. Even though we paid for the room twice (we had two pre-paid reservations on the 31st and none for the 5th). But since no one cares that I had a t-shirt (clean and pressed) on and no one cares that I lost a bit of coinage it was real nice. After 5 minutes at the hotel pool everyone relaxed and it was smooth from there on.

Since pictures won't post here anymore no one even knows I broke the tropical shirt tradition (don't want to offend anyone by naming only 1 tropical island chain as I know there are many of equal value all deserving of our respect). But since I am honest, to a fault I guess, I will admit I had on an orange t-shirt.

Just overdoing the details a bit since this is the official end of my first week of retirement and we have a new puppy. "What the heck is this 62 year old man taking about"? many of our vast membership is pondering about now. Well the puppy is sleeping on my feet so I figure if I keep typing she'll stay asleep. I'd post a picture if I could. Let me email Florian and offer to help him pay for more space.

Bill
Old 08-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #17
TheWatchman

Old 08-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #18
BILLW

OK how'd you do that? LOL

Bill
Old 08-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #19
charlene

How'd you do that Al?? (instructions in the shortest terms possible please? - the other way of posting has the message that the forum is over quota..lol) lookin' good-even in an orange t-shirt Bill-Happy Retirement! and your little one is beautiful Al! I'll get a second cup of coffee and give it a try...
Old 08-07-2015, 08:14 AM   #20
BILLW

You would have liked the venue and, I imagine, the dinner as well. But now that I'm on this so-called "fixed income" we're going to be eating more pizza and hot dogs at the venues. Seriously though the food at Pier 6 concession stands looked and smelled fine as fine can be.

Missed you guys,

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlylavender View Post
Have fun guys! Can't wait to hear all about it
Old 08-07-2015, 08:21 AM   #21
BILLW

Old 08-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #22
BILLW

OK it seems like you can do it if you use a website such as photobucket. To share you need to use the URL option which does not use up space on corfid but connects you to the stored image(s). Which is the way I used to do it in way-back days until corfid started allowing more options.

Or perhaps Florian fixed something while we were talking about it?

Bill
Old 08-07-2015, 08:37 AM   #23
charlene

hmmmm.....I liked being able to post an actual image from any source.lol.. So now I have to save pics to a photo site..then do the old way of posting. sheesh! FLORIAN!!!!
I will try it.. if I remember the way to do it..
Old 08-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #24
charlene

Great pic of you two! even without the florals!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #25
formerlylavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLW View Post
You would have liked the venue and, I imagine, the dinner as well. But now that I'm on this so-called "fixed income" we're going to be eating more pizza and hot dogs at the venues. Seriously though the food at Pier 6 concession stands looked and smelled fine as fine can be.

Missed you guys,

Bill
Thanks Bill! I'm glad you had fun and frankly a little regretful now that I didn't get tickets too! Was the venue like Aston? I loved that outdoor feeling! The pics are great - the Watchman's daughter is cute and your Baltimore t-shirt is quite fitting imo. That's not to say that I think you should give up entirely on the tropical shirt tradition lol.
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote