banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default My bloody space rant

Once again I am in a state of apoplexy regarding the retarded myspace site, most definitely not my favourite website!!
I received an email alleging that "Tom" had sent me a message and giving a link to click, but no clue on what the message might be.
(Quite why the email couldn't have included the message like this forum does is beyond my powers of logic).
I clicked the link and was presented with a sign in page. fair enough I entered my usual 8 character (all letters) password but instead of having the common decency of telling me it was incorrect it simply refreshed the page. In mounting annoyance I asked for a reminder.
The resulting email confirmed and reminded me that myspace is one of the few very retarded sites that insist that your password contains at least one numerical character an unfathomable requirement as far as my logic goes so yes I had to enter my usual password but with a superfluous "2" added to satisfy this ridiculous requirement.
Luckily I had not yet deleted the original email so I was able to start over...
And for the umpteenth time I cursed my space for this feature and bingo my inbox opened and revealed that I had received yet another unwanted privacy policy amendment message from Tom at myspace.
There I feel better already

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 02-29-2008 at 01:19 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: My bloody space rant

Everyone at MySpace got that message-it's required by law..took me all of 20 seconds to log in/read/delete..

Tom's happy so I'm happy..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #3
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

Myspace sux and so does that password feature where you have to have a number in it as well as letters. (As you stated, Big John) That's why I deleted mine a long time ago. I still have an account used to keep in touch with a SMALL number of friends who live far away. That's what it's for. It's not to let the whole world know you're on there.
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #4
Jesse Joe

I agree fully I too had a My Space account, it was frustrating to get it, and after I didn't like it much, it took some time to actually get rid of it, since it asked me many times, are you sure you want to delete this account?
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
Sundown17

Could be worse John m'dear. At work, one of my passwords has to include both numbers and letters and one of those blasted upper case symbols. Not only that, the letters can't spell a real word and at least one has to be capitalized. Presumably so that it can't be figured out and broken in to..and that would make sense if it was the password to get into patient information, but it's not. It's the one for my work email, which rarely contains anything more private or confidential than when the next newsletter is coming out and what the deadline is to submit an article. (granted the CEO and the MDs probably get emails that are a little more confidential than that. lol) To get into the medical records of the patients, all that is needed is a password with letters (that can spell a word) and one number...just like my space. Tell me, does that make any sense? That's my password rant.

I've visited my space a couple of times only because when I googled some long lost relatives, one of the things that came up was a my space link. So I checked it out. But I just read the face page...having heard less than stellar things about my space, I wasn't gonna sign in to read blogs, etc. of a young lady who seem to have written off the side of the family (her dad) that I am in.
Sundown17 is offline   Reply With Quote