banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 10-12-2000, 11:52 AM   #1
joe-2

OK, I'm not as big a fan as many, But I've listened to GLfor 34 years or so, have most albums(betraying my age) ,several cds, and saw him at Berkeley Community Theatre in the mid 70s. I'm looking forward to next month's concert. I've read some setlists, know about the band, but please fill me in on what to expect. Thanks in advance. joe
Old 10-12-2000, 03:19 PM   #2
sundownbuff

Hi Joe,
What to expect:
The concert will start on time
The band will sound great
Gord probably will have a floral shirt on for the first set
He will play "beautiful" as he thinks of me
Gord will "Play" some with the audience
The intermission will last 15 minutes
The concert will be over in two hours from the beginning
He will probably play one song as an encore which will probably be "old Dan's Record"
You will be able to tell that he enjoys and appreciates his fans.
When they play Old Dan's Record" listen to how he highlights each member of his band.
No matter how long you clap he will not come out for another encore, the lights will go on.
Have a wonderful time, keep track of the songs he does and let us know.
sundownbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2000, 04:24 PM   #3
sandyo

What to expect??

Expect to be BLOWN AWAY!!!!!!!!
sandyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2000, 07:39 PM   #4
charlene

Just one change in sundownbuff's list - he will be singing BEAUTIFUL for me and ABOUT me!
LOL
Char
gotcha!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2000, 01:26 AM   #5
Mister hoot'n holler

Hey Joe,
You can also expect the audience to be mostly in their 40's and up with a smattering of teens(usually with their parents-- trying to give them a education about good music.) The audience will be very,very appreciative and respectful and will even give Gord several standing ovations. He'll probably make some jokes that very few people will understand and once in awhile turn to the keyboard player to get a note to tune his guitar to. He'll probably talk about how much the band likes touring and how after the touring ends he'll do the big tour in the sky.
In order to fully appreciate the concert a person might try to remember who he is, what he's done and for how long,the standards that he's set for singer/song writers,the total dedication to his craft, his sincere appreciation for his fans,the rough life that he's led on the road,the fact that he doesn't need the money from touring and that he does it at this point in his life for his fans and because that's what he was born to do. And of course you can count on a strong voice,good tunes and catchy lyrics.
You can expect to see a 61 or 62 year old(by the time you see him) man at the top of his game.You will definately be "entertained" and possibly touched by the man.Hope you have fun at the concert.
Mister hoot'n holler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2000, 07:45 PM   #6
sundownbuff

You can expect people to be waiting outside the backstage area waiting for a possible meeting with the Man. This group is very low keyed and certainly well behaved. They share stories with one another about their favorite song and other times they have seen Gordon perform. They all agree that this is the best concert ever and start making plans to meet at the next concert. You can expect to meet someone who you will stay in contact with because even though you both come from different worlds you have something in commom-Gordon Lightfoot.
sundownbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2000, 06:52 AM   #7
SilverHeels

All this is making me really envious.
Joe,You better come back and tell us all
about it - in detail!
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2000, 03:53 PM   #8
joe-2

Thanks to all who replied. We'll see Gord November 9 at a great venue in Lincoln, NE. One of those places where there are no bad seats, traditionally good, knowledgeable crowds, where we've seen Dylan, Baez, Tom Rush, Butch Hancock and Jimmie Dale Gilmore. I'll report back after concert.