banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #26
txdaiseyblue

Send a message via MSN to txdaiseyblue
Default Re: ATLANTA concert

I got my ticket last night(Thursday) and will be leaving Friday ..in a couple of hours actually.. because of my illness (lupus) I have to stay over at a motel to rest... driving 300 miles will take alot out of me. I did manage to get right upfront section 102 right center row J seat 7..I'm so excited..feel like a teenager..LOL..he's the only singer I have ever truly liked..and just finally getting a life long dream realized is a miracle for me. A few years before my husband died he asked me if I had a chance to have anything I wanted what would it be..I said to get to see Gordon Lightfoot in concert and maybe meet him. He set out to make sure I had all his records (18 yrs ago CD's were just coming out) and even made me up a special cassette tape of my favorite songs and some he dedicated to me with narration. After he died..I played that tape so much it wore out... My favorite of course Spanish Moss...Beautiful he dedicated to me..and the last album to come out right before he died, he added one he also dedicated to me..I'll prove my love. I know my husband somehow had a hand in my being able to go to this. I was just told by my Dr today I am going to have to have surgery on the 9th of February..it's going to be risky..I could end up with a stroke or worse.. I better try and get some sleep..will report to you how I enjoyed it..and if I can get a picture of me with him I will post it...thanks so much for giving me the chance to get to know him better through you!
Thanks, melanie
PS..are you sure it will be ok to look for his tour bus? 432-466-1673

Last edited by txdaiseyblue; 01-27-2012 at 05:28 AM.
txdaiseyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #27
charlene

safe travels, good luck and look for that bus/stage door - ask to talk to Warren!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #28
niffer

Have a wonderful trip...and I am looking forward to seeing that picture of you and Gordon
niffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #29
LadyA

Have a safe trip & enjoy yourself! Good luck with your surgery as well!
LadyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
charlene

Fine As Fine Can Be
Old 01-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #31
charlene

IYCRMM
Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
txdaiseyblue

I had a wonderful time...but how do I post the pictures of me with him and the band? I was so blessed to be able to actually meet him..and one of the ushers put me in the front row!!! When I got back stage I was shaking like a leaf..and my nervousness was really showing..Rick and Warren told me to calm down that he wouldn't bite me..I thought I don't care if he did..at least I'd be able to get close enough to him..LOL! Then he actually put his arm around me for the picture and when he was leaving. I walked up to him to shake his hand again..and say thank you and he put his arms around me and hugged me...Pam, told me WOW he hardly ever does that he doesn't like to be touched! of course I was in shock and secretly was glad he made an exception for me..He told both of us that he has a new album coming out soon "Massey Hall Live" I am going to make sure I get that as soon as it comes out!
I am going to post the pictures on my website and have already done it on my Facebook page "Meli Cardullo"
Thanks Charlene for giving me the tip and to all the others for wishing me luck..I am proud to be a part of this forum.
Oh one other thing he told us..he had to go rescue his Daughter during a occupy Canada movement..the way he told it was funny!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #33
charlene

I don't know where the whole 'he doesn't like to be touched' thing came from. I've watched him for years (11 years at least) hug people, shake hands, put his arm around folks, be up close and personal with his fans. I've been surprised a few times myself when he has approached me to hug me, peck my cheek, take my hands, run his fingers in my hair...so I'd say he hasn't got a problem at all.
lol
He appreciates all of his fans and is not afraid to show it. YAY!

I'm so happy you got to spend a moment with Rick too!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #34
txdaiseyblue

I dunno why she said that...but I am glad he did..if only someone would have gotten a pic of him doing it! I have all his music on an old MP3 player and on the drive there and back I listened to it... one thing was the jokes and conversation in between made it all the more special...When my son called from overseas..I told him all about it and he wants pictures so I am editing them for print..I have a degree in digital imaging..and web site design...so I am making sure they look great!
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #35
txdaiseyblue

ok I figured out how to post some pix..guess I was still way up there..or it could be I was tired and with Lupus when you're tired you tend to go into what is commonly called "Lupus Fog" I'm gonna get ready for bed..relax..Thx again!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #36
Dan

On the way home from work tonight I was listening to a Bootleg GL concert from 2005 in Saratoga CA and heard the Pop joke this thread started with. I am sure many of you GL enthusiasts already have this cataloged somewhere but I thought the less informed might appreciate this clip from that concert. Gord was quite jovial.

You can get the entire concert at: http://www.archive.org/serve/GordonL...SaratogaCA.wma

He talks about the Pop Joke starting at 37:42 just before playing Early Morning Rain.

Danno
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #37
charlene

Sweet Guinevere -