banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #26
jj

Default Re: Pub Jam 2014

lol, TG… well i didnt notice you peaking

Jenny and I were joking that we both nearly have the chorus lyrics memorized for Alberta Bound!
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #27
charlene

I too thought it odd that he did CRT and then did EMR...
After the concert on Saturday night he told me he messed up the order of some tunes...lol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #28
T.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
I too thought it odd that he did CRT and then did EMR...
After the concert on Saturday night he told me he messed up the order of some tunes...lol
There ya go, even the master can mess up!
T.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #29
lighthead2toe

Hi Friends.

Finally had a moment to recap the pub jam event and please forgive my shortcomings should they occur and please feel free to take note.

A most eventful day it was indeed. Many of us were stuck in traffic due to fatal encounter on the Don Valley Parkway which is the main route into the downtown core of Toronto.

Despite the huge delay in getting things up and running the pub jam took off quickly as things fell into place and this round was a real boomer!

McVeigh's understood and gave us a generous extension to make up for time lost so we were able to get everyone on who came to perform.

This was the first time Wayne Francis came to join us in performing so having him there was a most appreciated treat.
Wayne is a fine singer/songwriter from the East coast of Canada and his contribution was a huge highlight.
That big Gibson B45 twelve string of his rang out like a symphony!
Lots of cool stuff on his website.

Another highlight and surprise was our own TG up there sharing his vocals with us for the very first time. At previous pub jams he played bass. An all around musician he really is.
Thanks for "Circle of Steel" TG. It's one of my favs. Share more with us next round!

Andy Mauck rejoined us once again this time and what a wonderful show he puts on.
A real natural is Andy Mauck. Great stage presence.
Andy can act the part well and sing and play the the tunes with a refined skill.
Thanks for "Can't Depend on Love" Andy. That's a class act.
He also called up his friend Brady Corcoran to play lead with him on few tunes.
Great job on "I'm not Sayin'" there guys.
Brady has been with us before and when he's up there we know he's gonna' pull something off that everyone will love and true to the word he did the most amazing job on "Oh Linda."
It's still running through my brain. Thanks Brady. And thank you John Corcoran and Dorothy for your support in making it a fun time for all.

And once again we had our very sweet Anne Pryzkucki and what a wonderful job she did up there.
Anne continues to surprise us with her talent.
She has a lovely voice an she honoured my request for "Minstrel of the Dawn." Thank you Anne. Also she treated us to a very lovely song by Nathan Rogers (son of Stan Rogers) called "Jewell of Paris." Come back anytime Anne. We need to hear more from you.

Kenyon Wallace was with us in full form with his electric guitar and as an added treat backed Wayne Francis up on "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." Some cool "Terry Clement" licks comin' in there I'll tell ya!
Kenyon is also a very fine singer and sounded it out with his smooth version of "Let it Ride." Great stuff there Kenyon.

A very special part of our event was when guitar virtuoso Paul Bartlett came on and backed up his singing partner "Mirelle" on Gord's sweet love song, "Beautiful."
Mirelle did a most "meltdown" version of that masterpiece and of course the classically trained former student of Red Shea, Gord's former lead guitar player did not leave a note unturned.
Paul also iced the cake with a most joyous Bach classically induced version of "If You Could Read My Mind." The notes are still computing in my slow and methodical mind.

We had pretty much the full contingent of the "Gordon Lightfoot Band" in the pub with us before the end of the day.
Once the parkway opened up, all who were stuck in the traffic jam made it in and we had time to get the Lightfoot voice of John Stinson up there to honour a very special request for "The Pony Man" from our dear Eva who makes the trek all the way from Frankfurt, Germany each time to attend the Massey shows and pub jam.
John came to the forefront and pulled it off like the Gordsong. Thanks John. Great seeing you again Eva.

The unfortunate void this time is that due to the delay we were unable to arrange video coverage of our gig.
Jimmy Jones, one of our most talented guys in many genres was in the traffic jam much further back than others.
We tend to rely on guys like Jimmy and he was into it as well but.....

Best laid plans, eh?

For the very first time we missed John Fowles and family.
John, Susan and Joan usually put on a social gathering during the festivities which gave folks an opportunity to mingle and and get to know one another through the music of Gordon Lightfoot. What better way to communicate?
We hope you guys are well and hope to see you next round.

It was great to meet Dan O'Malley and family.
Dan shared some cool photos which showed Gord in earlier times when they connected.
Thanks Dan.
Sorry I couldn't break away to spend more time with you at the pub.

We sure missed our dear Melissa though this time.
Her presence has been one we have looked forward to having with us in the past and we know she will be back when she can clear it through.

As we mentioned at the opening of the pub jam gig, our hats went off to our dear friends from the USA who joined with us to celebrate on their Thanksgiving Weekend by making other arrangements etc. We thank you and welcome you with open arms anytime.

We do it for the love of Lightfoot and

"We love the work!"

Thanks Gord.
lighthead2toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #30
T.G.

A wonderful recap, RJ, and I concur with everything you said. The one thing you left out, of course, was your fine emceeing and performing as well. Thanks for making it happen once again, better than ever.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #31
lighthead2toe

Thanks so much TG.

Can't believe I left out Scott Williamson and Paul Bartlett backing me up on those tunes.

"It took most of my time to do what never was done."

Scott pulled out those old familiar Stockfish, Haynes bass notes despite an arm injury and of course Paul rolls out the Red Shea lead licks from the years of study he did with Red.
Sure was a great feeling up there with that caliber of musicianship backing me up.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #32
jj

hey, I did bring HD camera and tripod and stuff but arrived late and didnt really push my way up to good viewing area until the end …i saw cameras everywhere and even thought i saw TG tripod but didnt realize battery crisis, lol… and char also had misadventures with sim cards and batteries, so sad

from a distance i was able to get a clip of Paul… lovely!

i had keyboard in car but didnt know if the band was gonna play… there was some extra room up near the stage this year and some good songs were chosen for adding some pads, maybe next time … i could have added some percussion too

https://vimeo.com/113716021

cheers and thanks again, Ron (Myk, Liam)

ps) you mean "Gordon Lightfoot TRIBUTE Band" … lol
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #33
lighthead2toe

Thank you JJ for that most important correction.

Very nice video of Paul. What a talent, eh?

We'll be sure to arrange the video aspect of things first and foremost in future events.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #34
mandomyk

Gi DAy Folks:
I heard lately there was interest in 'LightHead-PJ-2014';
I have the entire audio version of the jam and will create a 'highlite vid/slideshow' to share BUT have a need for any/all pics taken of the fine folks who shared their talent.
NOTE RJ-You omitted yourself from the above LIST of ARTISTS-You,Paul&Scott followed Wayne!!!
Here is a list by act and # of pics I did take:
W.F.-2
R.J.Trio-0
T.G.-0
Andy-1
Brady-1
Anne-1
Kenyon&Crew-3(HEY-with such a beautiful wife&daughter you should have a BIG smile 24/7 work on it for next time!
Paul B.& Mirelle-0
G.L.T.B.(JJ-Is that acceptable?)-0

If anyone has any pics from McVeigh's 2014,-crowd shots, musicians chatting together after gig,NON-Lighthead folks at the bar(special interest to I.D. 'ATILLA-The Hungarian Hitman' who divulged his TRUE identity to me while I was trying to get a soda,TRUE cant make this up!!).
I have Outside pics of McVeigh's with new Paint job so that could be used.

Lastly-IF anyone who performed does not want to be included in this PLEASE let me know ASAP-happened in 2012 less problems in long run(JJ do you recall the frantic email after I sent you mp3 files?)
I enjoy doing this and will give it a few days(if anyone wants to send pics by email-PRV.msg me with your email and I'll provide my most current email add.)
Old 01-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #35
mandomyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthead2toe View Post
Thank you JJ for that most important correction.

Very nice video of Paul. What a talent, eh?

We'll be sure to arrange the video aspect of things first and foremost in future events.
Gi DAy Folks:
I heard lately there was interest in 'LightHead-PJ-2014';
I have the entire audio version of the jam and will create a 'highlite vid/slideshow' to share BUT have a need for any/all pics taken of the fine folks who shared their talent.
NOTE RJ-You omitted yourself from the above LIST of ARTISTS-You,Paul&Scott followed Wayne!!!
Here is a list by act and # of pics I did take:
W.F.-2
R.J.Trio-0
T.G.-0
Andy-1
Brady-1
Anne-1
Kenyon&Crew-3(HEY-with such a beautiful wife&daughter you should have a BIG smile 24/7 work on it for next time!
Paul B.& Mirelle-0
G.L.T.B.(JJ-Is that acceptable?)-0

If anyone has any pics from McVeigh's 2014,-crowd shots, musicians chatting together after gig,NON-Lighthead folks at the bar(special interest to I.D. 'ATILLA-The Hungarian Hitman' who divulged his TRUE identity to me while I was trying to get a soda,TRUE cant make this up!!).
I have Outside pics of McVeigh's with new Paint job so that could be used.

Lastly-IF anyone who performed does not want to be included in this PLEASE let me know ASAP-happened in 2012 less problems in long run(JJ do you recall the frantic email after I sent you mp3 files?)
I enjoy doing this and will give it a few days(if anyone wants to send pics by email-PRV.msg me with your email and I'll provide my most current email add.)
Ronnie-email me if this works and shows up on CORFID-
mandomyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:32 AM   #36
T.G.

I posted what video footage I had earlier in this thread, I don't have any photographs or audio footage.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #37
charlene

thanks for posting Myk - I hadn't got to it yet..did send around an e-mail tho...You got my pics from 2015..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote