banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2001, 01:10 AM   #1
Bahama Star

In last nights Episode of " Providence" ( you guys probably saw it two years ago ). At the very end of the program ( after Syd had saved the world..lol ). Christmas, snow, Joannie and Bert, red roses, a large red heart surrounded by candles ( yes, high romance ). A female voice in the background is singing " Song for a Winter's Night ".

Can someone please tell me that I wasn't dreaming, and if thats the case who is singing the song ( it sounded pretty good ).

Of course the credits were silent on the subject..

Thankyou for your help

Keep Smiling... Ron...
Bahama Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 01:10 AM   #2
catmanron

In last nights Episode of " Providence" ( you guys probably saw it two years ago ). At the very end of the program ( after Syd had saved the world..lol ). Christmas, snow, Joannie and Bert, red roses, a large red heart surrounded by candles ( yes, high romance ). A female voice in the background is singing " Song for a Winter's Night ".

Can someone please tell me that I wasn't dreaming, and if thats the case who is singing the song ( it sounded pretty good ).

Thankyou for your help

Keep Smiling... Ron...
catmanron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 07:16 AM   #3
bjorn

quote:Originally posted by catmanron:

Thankyou for your help

Keep Smiling... Ron...

You weren't dreaming Ron. That version of the song was performed by Sarah Maclachlan.
The episode was from season three and originally aired on Dec 15, 2000. So the shows aren't all that old when you first see them in Australia after all. Hmmm...I wonder how old the Croc Hunter episodes are when I first get to see them on Animal Planet here in the states
Erica
bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 07:16 AM   #4
Sundreme

quote:Originally posted by catmanron:

Thankyou for your help

Keep Smiling... Ron...

You weren't dreaming Ron. That version of the song was performed by Sarah Maclachlan.
The episode was from season three and originally aired on Dec 15, 2000. So the shows aren't all that old when you first see them in Australia after all. Hmmm...I wonder how old the Croc Hunter episodes are when I first get to see them on Animal Planet here in the states
Erica
Sundreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 10:32 AM   #5
SilverHeels

OK guys, what is 'Providence' ?
We in the UK dont get this show.

But we do have 'Trigger Happy'-and get to hearIYCRMM by Gord himself each week!

SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 05:43 PM   #6
Bahama Star

Thank you Erica for that Information.

I suppose the Providence people think its winter here so we won't notice the difference, unfortunately the Christmas Carols are a bit out of place, and a tad more snow than we have...lol

Don't worry Erica those crocs never age !!.

Well SH you are missing something, its about a retired MASH doctor ( BJ Hunicutt )who retires to Rhode Island to become a vet. Or something like that !!

Keep Smiling Ron
Old 08-23-2001, 05:43 PM   #7
catmanron

Thank you Erica for that Information.

I suppose the Providence people think its winter here so we won't notice the difference, unfortunately the Christmas Carols are a bit out of place, and a tad more snow than we have...lol

Don't worry Erica those crocs never age !!.

Well SH you are missing something, its about a retired MASH doctor ( BJ Hunicutt )who retires to Rhode Island to become a vet. Or something like that !!

Keep Smiling Ron
Old 08-23-2001, 06:08 PM   #8
joveski

Ron,

There was some snow in the Dandenongs earlier in the week, so we can't complain (unless we don't live there - like me)
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 08:15 AM   #9
WillieMaysFan

Catmanron,
Are you sure that this is the first ever showing of that episode up there in Canada? I saw that episode quite some time ago and this is the typical time for reruns. Could it have been a rerun? I heard Sarah Maclachlan's version some time before that and I agree that it sounds nice. If you don't know her music, see if you can download some samples, she has some nice songs.
WillieMaysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 08:15 AM   #10
young stranger

Catmanron,
Are you sure that this is the first ever showing of that episode up there in Canada? I saw that episode quite some time ago and this is the typical time for reruns. Could it have been a rerun? I heard Sarah Maclachlan's version some time before that and I agree that it sounds nice. If you don't know her music, see if you can download some samples, she has some nice songs.
young stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 06:16 PM   #11
Bahama Star

Thankyou Young Stranger

I have done that, and I think I am becoming a Sarah fan.

I live in a much more "back woods" country than Canada.... lol.

Downunder here in Oz it was a "first" run episode, but only eight months late is pretty good !!!

Keep Smiling Ron
Old 08-26-2001, 06:16 PM   #12
catmanron

Thankyou Young Stranger

I have done that, and I think I am becoming a Sarah fan.

I live in a much more "back woods" country than Canada.... lol.

Downunder here in Oz it was a "first" run episode, but only eight months late is pretty good !!!

Keep Smiling Ron
Old 08-26-2001, 08:12 PM   #13
WillieMaysFan

How embarassed am I? Sorry about that, I guess when I am looking up Gord stuff I get Canada stuck in my brain. I knew you were from downunder too, I feel like such an idiot! Well, rest assured, I won't make that mistake again. Speaking of Australia, I don't know if you are into theatre at all, but you have quite a talent from there by the name of Philip Quast. His performance as Javert in Les Miserables is phenomenal. I haven't seen him in any other roles, since he isn't in America and I have no money to travel!! But I have read that he is just as brilliant in all the work he does. Do you know the name?

[This message has been edited by young stranger (edited August 26, 2001).]
WillieMaysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 08:12 PM   #14
young stranger

How embarassed am I? Sorry about that, I guess when I am looking up Gord stuff I get Canada stuck in my brain. I knew you were from downunder too, I feel like such an idiot! Well, rest assured, I won't make that mistake again. Speaking of Australia, I don't know if you are into theatre at all, but you have quite a talent from there by the name of Philip Quast. His performance as Javert in Les Miserables is phenomenal. I haven't seen him in any other roles, since he isn't in America and I have no money to travel!! But I have read that he is just as brilliant in all the work he does. Do you know the name?

[This message has been edited by young stranger (edited August 26, 2001).]
young stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 12:47 AM   #15
Bahama Star

Please don't worry YS, I'm not in the least insulted, there is little difference between Canadians and Australians. In my case, its because my ancestors turned left instead of right when they left the Bristol Channel.
( do you want a long hot trip or a short cold one.... lol )

Yes I have seen Philip Quast in Le Mis and a number of other Aussie TV shows. I agree he is very good. He spends much of his time in England now, so maybe you can swim across and see him there, although Melbourne is much cheaper than London.

You have probably seen this site, but if not it is a good Philip Quast site. http://www.empirenet.com/~wildcard/quast/index.htm

Keep Smiling Ron.
Old 08-27-2001, 12:47 AM   #16
catmanron

Please don't worry YS, I'm not in the least insulted, there is little difference between Canadians and Australians. In my case, its because my ancestors turned left instead of right when they left the Bristol Channel.
( do you want a long hot trip or a short cold one.... lol )

Yes I have seen Philip Quast in Le Mis and a number of other Aussie TV shows. I agree he is very good. He spends much of his time in England now, so maybe you can swim across and see him there, although Melbourne is much cheaper than London.

You have probably seen this site, but if not it is a good Philip Quast site. http://www.empirenet.com/~wildcard/quast/index.htm

Keep Smiling Ron.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:47 AM   #17
Bahama Star

Hi Joveski

Sorry I don't want to ignore a fellow Melbournian.
Yes it did snow last week, and looking out the window now it could happen again soon.
Fortunately I live in a much warmer part of Melbourne, by the sea , but the earth did "move" for me. !!! lol.

Keep smiling Ron
Old 08-27-2001, 01:47 AM   #18
catmanron

Hi Joveski

Sorry I don't want to ignore a fellow Melbournian.
Yes it did snow last week, and looking out the window now it could happen again soon.
Fortunately I live in a much warmer part of Melbourne, by the sea , but the earth did "move" for me. !!! lol.

Keep smiling Ron
Old 08-28-2001, 12:37 PM   #19
SilverHeels

YS,
I saw Philip Quast as Javert in Les Mis in
London. I agree - he is one BIG talent!
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote