banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
youngstranger

Default Lightfoot @ The BBC

Hi,

I've been digging around a bit about Gord's appearence on BBC In Concert in January 1971. Thought, it's been stated this show is lost, according to an archive list it does survive in the BBC's archive.

One British channel BBC Four is currently having a Folk America season and as part of this is showing old episodes of In Concert's a different shows. This week they are showing a Peter Paul and Mary concert in whihc they perfrom Early Morning Rain and For Loving Me. I think it might be worth a few emails to BBc Four to ask them to think about showing the Lightfoot episode at some point. It would be really amazing to see.

As a side note Lightfoot appeared on the Rolf Harris show in Britain in '69 (same episode as Cliff Richard). This also survives
youngstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
podunklander

Default Re: Lightfoot @ The BBC

oh for sure worth how ever emails to the BBC it takes . I love all the archival materials that I have seen and the treasures that may still be out there. The folk music series sounds awesome...I'd love to watch this.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
SilverHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstranger View Post
Hi,

It would be really amazing to see.
Young Stranger,
thanks for bringing this to light. Years ago when the BBC were showing some of the old 'In Concert' series, I queried the Lightfoot show and was told it was in b/w and would not be shown. I will definitely send off some emails.
btw ... I was at that recording - of course, I was very, very young ... :D
Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
JohnStinson

Hi Folks, haven't logged on in many months. I am an avid fan of finding and getting Lightfoot to produce a compilation of his many older original things. As a fan we don't have much to do with moving things along but what a pain to have to search and search and find bad quality stuff all the time ...paying real dollars for 'not so good' things.

Anyway... I tried to get the CBC 68 one..as a fan no way..

But when I told one of Lightfoots 'in' guys about it... they called and got it right away.. I finally was able to relive the show in all its original quality.

All we as fans can do is get an 'in' guy to call and we might see the show again.

But PLEASE Mr Lightfoot and company...pull together all the stuff that is recorded and taped and tucked away and get it out to the starving fans.
JohnStinson is offline   Reply With Quote