banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
Dream Street Rose

Okay Kerstin I don't think you are so new anymore so let's talk here. Do you have an MP3 player? I find if I listen to Gordon on the plane the time passes pretty fast. I just close my eyes and melt into the music.

When do you leave for Germany?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #2
Kerstin

Hi DSR,
I was kind of feeling safe over there in the Testforum.
Yes, Ido have an Ipod, but all my Gordon Lightfoot music is on CD. I'll see if I have time to copy it tomorrow. Also I'm taking my three year old son with me and I'm not so sure if he'll give me that much time to relax. He's not a Gordon fan yet. He's more a "wheels on the bus" kind of a guy.
I'm leaving on tuesday around 12:00 noon. So I'll be around for another day.
I read somewhere that Gordon appeared in Hamburg, Germany sometime in the 60s. I got to do some research on that.
Have you ever been to Europe?
Kerstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
Dream Street Rose

Howdy Kerstin,

No, I have never been to Europe. Maybe I will get to go someday. I have no idea what it might be like in that country. I have been to many places in the Carribbean and a few in Mexico. Ken and I have been to many states because of our business. Someday I will have to count.

How long will you be in Germany?

You are lucky to have a 3 year old. Ken and I love kids and pets. We have one small dog and nine grandchildren. :D

Love, luck, laughter and Lightfoot

Old 03-06-2007, 01:43 AM   #4
Dream Street Rose

Howdy Kerstin,

We sell our scopes in art galleries and a few shops that still carry kaleidoscopes only. We sell a fair amount to galleries and museums in Japan. Our scopes are listed on our website but we don't sell off it. People have to contact a gallery.

I have been a "stepmom" for 18 years. The kids hate that word step. They are all grown up adults now and we have a great relationship.

Our cute little girl is a Maltese. A purebread we found almost four years ago in the street in the Laguna Beach area. We tried very hard to find her owners but they did not want to be found. "Baby", was somewhere between one and one half years old when we found her. She has seizures (sp?) but they are pretty much under control. She is a 10 pound little girl who ownes two people (us) two cars, a house and everything else we have. :D

Anyway, I have to go now. It has been a long day. We expected to fly home tomorrow but Ken's mom will only live a day or two longer so we are staying in Portland. I think you leave for Germany tomorrow. I look forward to reading your chats and hope we stay in touch.

Safe trip
Old 03-08-2007, 01:05 AM   #5
Dream Street Rose

Hi Kerstin,

I hope you and your son arrived safely. Ken's mom passed away today Wed. She is suffering no more. We will be leaving Oregon tomorrow and flying home. I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Happy Lightfoot'n
Old 03-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
charlene

Rose - sorry to hear about your loss..travel safe..
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #7
Kerstin

Hi Dream Street Rose,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Have a safe trip home.
Thinking of you, too. I'll write later.
Kerstin
Old 03-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #8
Kerstin

Hi timetraveller,
I liked the story about your dog. Right now our "adopted" pets are a cockatiel that wolfwistles at all my friends that come to visit, a show rabbit that was supposed to be a snakes dinner and a thirty plus year old appaloosa-drafthorse mix. She may be old but she can still behave like a fire spitting dragon if she wants to. And our cat Patsy of course. We got her from the shelter.
Do tell about your cat Pup.
Kerstin
Old 03-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
Kerstin

Hi Timetraveller,
that cat sounds really cool. The birds he's pestering are those pet birds or the wild ones in the yard? Lucky that the dogs ignore him, otherwise he'd be in trouble.
The rabbit, well the breeders friend has snaks and she gives her the ones she can't use anymore. Not all of them, lots of them go to people like me.This one has a few toes missing because she was atacked by a dog at some point. She's quite a character though, with a temper.
My horse Misty I met last year after my other horse which was at least 35 and incidentally also called Misty passed away. The other Misty was an ex lesson horse that needed a home. I already knew her when she was still teaching lessons and she would stop teaching and go to the gate for me to get her out with the kid still sitting on her. So when she could not teach anymore I got her.
The new Misty came to the ranch about a month after MistyI passed away. Her owner just dumped her after 22 years and she was really upset. They tried to use her for lessons, but she is too much of a firespitting dragon for that, so I just begged them to give her to me instead. I think we just both needed someone at the time. I don't know much about her apart from that.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:54 AM   #10
Dream Street Rose

Thank you Char and Kerstin. We are home now and feeling better knowing our loved one is no longer suffering.

I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends in this group. Even though it has been only a few months I really feel at home here.

Thank you to anyone reading this who has "talked" to me over the last 3 months. I have a lot of fun. Sharing my love for Gordon with others who admire him has changed my life for the better. :D

I really appreciate having you all in my life.

Thank you,
Rose
Old 03-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #11
Dream Street Rose

Thank you timetraveler. It has been a hard 12 months. Last May we lost our 37 year old son to cancer. Not fun but I guess death is a part of life. That is why I love it here so very much. There is care, concern, support and much more. I have connected with some very special people who don't have any expectations other than I love Lightfoot and life.

Those of you who respond to me regularly do not know when my bad day are but you put smiles on my face anyway. I am so blessed to have you all in my life. I think I have a nice life but that doesn't always make it an easy life.

Okay, enough for now. :D :D