banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
My Name is Ann

For those who are lucky enough to get backstage passes to a GL concert, would you:
1) Bring your GL albums for him to sign?
2) Would you bring him a gift?
3) If you did bring him a gift would it be totally tacky to bring him a CD of another favorite singer/songwriter/poet if you thought he would enjoy it?
Thanks guys
Old 04-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
charlene

I've seen people with albums but he might not sign a lot because he needs to rest his hand some nights. and others are waiting for their turn so one or two might be appropriate.

Gifts are good..I'm sure a small token of appreciation is welcome but he needs hands free for shaking and autographing..

I'm sure he'll graciously accept another performers CD. Whether he'd listen to it or not would be only something he'd know.

Don't forget to get a picture with him!!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
brink-

Welcome back Ann, I guess this means you have a Gord concert in your future? Have fun. Tells us all about it.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
Fitzy

Great question, it makes you wonder if the experience of meeting him is more than anything you could bring
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
Kelly Davis

Wait at the stage door exit / entrance after the show.
You may have to wait around 45 minutes. I'm always suprised at people who say they want to meet Gord, but never stick around.
It is well worth the wait.
Kelly Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
charlene

Quote:
Originally posted by Fitzy:
Great question, it makes you wonder if the experience of meeting him is more than anything you could bring
So true - at least that's what I've found....
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Two approaches have been suggested: the meet & greet backstage after the show or the old "wait in the alley" routine. If you can get on the list it's quicker and you'll be heading home happy while the people are just getting their first glimpse of him emerging from the building. And depending on the weather, you'll be more comfortable...just a thought.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #8
Borderstone

If you bring a gift,make sure it's something simple and is in plain sight. These days,it's just not a good idea to approach a famous person (no mater how nice they are) with something in a bag or even wrapped.

If I got backstage,I'd most likely just bring two more LP's for signing. I'd just like to hang out with Gordon and shoot the breeze.

I think gifts are something the ladies would do and besides,
I'd only give a gift to "you know who".
Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
Dream Street Rose

Borderstone,

I am sure that I am the "you know who". Thank you so much. [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 AM   #10
My Name is Ann

Thanks for all the nice responses.

Ok, I've decided . . . I will definitely give him the gift and, if I remember, I will also bring two albums for him to sign.

Most important thing to remember:
MY CAMERA!!! :D
Old 04-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #11
Borderstone

Oh...yeah. Of course DSR. :D I was talkin' 'bout you! ... Certainly.

LOL! :D We're both just playin' folks!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #12
Dream Street Rose

Borderstone,

Why do you want these wonderful Lightheads to think we are just playing? You don't think anyone is thinking you were talking about my good friend Mariah do you?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #13
Fitzy

Hi there I had the coolest experience today. I was driving home from TJMAXX and I hit the stereo on. I am by nature a station hopper, as I was searching I hit Gordon with "Sundown". I was so pumped, thinking to myself yes Gordo. I have heard that song thousands of times and have it on numerous albums, but I was still psyched. Another confirmation, that I just love his music. I actually got a chuckle out of myself over the elation. Just a cool thought for the day.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #14
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

It's cool to hear Gord tunes in unexpected places. I remember a few years ago hearing If You Could Read My Mind in the grocery store. Normally, I'm in there and back out a quickly as possible, but that day, I took my time. Probably spent way too much money as a result.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #15
MistyMoppens

Default Re: An "etiquette" question

Whatever you do, make sure it's unique & unusual with some very special thought behind it. He's already seen everything else a million times over the last 50 years. And don't "Hero worship" him to his face. Almost everyone else has done that.
MistyMoppens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:31 AM   #16
paskatefan

Default Re: An "etiquette" question

Through the years I have brought my piano guitar books from his albums to autograph. Once I had the illustrated book on the "Canadian Railroad Trilogy," I had him autograph that. Most recently he autographed our copy of the Nicolas Jennings' book. My most memorable autographed piece to date was a Big Book version of an elementary school text I found in my school's reading room (I am a retired ESL/ESOL teacher). I was in the reading teacher's room one day, looking for resources to use with my students. I came across a Big Book version of "The Big Fitz." I explained to the reading teacher that we were huge Gordon fans, and that I would love to show him the book @ our next concert. Well, not only did she let me keep the book, she let me have 2 copies of it! So, one I gave to Gordon, & one I kept for us. Gordon & the band autographed our copy, & I gave Gordon his copy to keep (I explained the whole thing about how I found it & how kind the reading teacher was about it). Every time he sees us after a concert, he continues to thank us for that book! He truly appreciates having it!

Gail
paskatefan is offline   Reply With Quote