banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #1
seafarer62

Default October 16: Minneapolis- State Theatre

Just had an email from the Hennepin Theatre district that Gordon Lightfoot will be in concert at the State Theatre in Minneapolis on Sunday October 16. Tickets on sale on Fri April 22 at TicketMaster.

Maybe he will be in Rochester or Duluth the night before!

John- Minnesota
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:38 PM   #2
Dakota Rose

Default Re: October 16: Minneapolis- State Theatre

John - Will you be making a trip to Sioux Falls on June 26 for Gordon's concert there?
Dakota Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:18 AM   #3
seafarer62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
John - Will you be making a trip to Sioux Falls on June 26 for Gordon's concert there?
Hello Nancy: No, I won't be able to get to Sioux Falls that day. I am going to Madison on June 27 and will write down the set list for the Corfid group.

Exciting that the "House You Live In" and "Only Love Would Know" are back in the set list rotation. Still bummed that "In My Fashion" has disappeared.

Please post the set list if you can get to Deadwood or Sioux Falls. Thanks, Nancy.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
seafarer62

[Just had an email from the Hennepin Theatre district that Gordon Lightfoot will be in concert at the State Theatre in Minneapolis on Sunday October 16. Tickets on sale on Fri April 22 at TicketMaster.

John- Minnesota[/QUOTE]

Follow-up: I bought tickets for my wife and I in the pre-sale. The best tickets were 15 rows back, so I am of the belief that these pre-sales are not worth the effort. Still I did because the seats are not terrible and got on an aisle to stretch my leg.

What is obscene is TicketMaster service and convenience charges. $14.25 a ticket! With state sales tax, the total night out is nearly $150. Plus I will have to pay some obnoxious amount for parking in downtown Mpls- at lease $10. Oh well. It is good to have Gord still doing it.

I just heard reports from suburban Minneapolis that Prince has died. While I am not a fan by any stretch, he was a Minnesota icon. Never thought Dylan would outlive Prince.

John- Minnesota
Old 04-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #5
charlene

Massey tickets - 100+ and then Ticketmaster fees/taxes. parking in TO near Massey - 25.+ Gordon Lightfoot onstage at the Church of Gord - Priceless.

Never owned a PRINCE lp or saw him LIVE but was always captivated by his music and persona..an innovator and true original who always put the music first... only 57...Sad.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote