banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-22-2001, 03:43 PM   #1
miran

Well, it's a childhood dream come true... Gordon Lightfoot is tuning up down the hall from my office here at the Center for the Arts at UB.

I'm looking forward to the show tonight!
Old 04-22-2001, 03:43 PM   #2
miran

Well, it's a childhood dream come true... Gordon Lightfoot is tuning up down the hall from my office here at the Center for the Arts at UB.

I'm looking forward to the show tonight!
Old 04-23-2001, 10:51 AM   #3
miran

I know I'm just a visitor here, but I figured you would understand how excited I was yesterday when I got to meet Gordon... What a lovely, gracious man. I work backstage here and you meet all kinds, but how wonderful to have a man who has been a hero of mine for years turn out to be just as terrific in person... The show was great, too. Did anyone get to buffalo to see it?
Old 04-23-2001, 10:51 AM   #4
miran

I know I'm just a visitor here, but I figured you would understand how excited I was yesterday when I got to meet Gordon... What a lovely, gracious man. I work backstage here and you meet all kinds, but how wonderful to have a man who has been a hero of mine for years turn out to be just as terrific in person... The show was great, too. Did anyone get to buffalo to see it?
Old 04-23-2001, 08:19 PM   #5
Dan

miran,
I was there. I was desperately trying to get backstage to meet Gord. Where were you???

It was a great concert! Gord was in great voice and great spirits. We did get to talk to him and the rest of the band out back by the loading dock!

He is so gracious. Even the band members are all very kind and accomodating.

Dan
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 08:46 AM   #6
miran

Dan,

I actually work at the Center, so I was backstage for the whole show (except for a good chunk of the first half when I stood in the back of the house). The sound was better in the house than backstage, but who could resist being twenty feet from him while he's singing?
The band was VERY gracious, you're right. And I got to meet him earlier in the day because he left his tuner at the buffet table when he got food... of COURSE I had to return it personally. It was my DUTY.... ....

They liked the Center, we hope to get them back next year!

miran
Old 04-24-2001, 08:46 AM   #7
miran

Dan,

I actually work at the Center, so I was backstage for the whole show (except for a good chunk of the first half when I stood in the back of the house). The sound was better in the house than backstage, but who could resist being twenty feet from him while he's singing?
The band was VERY gracious, you're right. And I got to meet him earlier in the day because he left his tuner at the buffet table when he got food... of COURSE I had to return it personally. It was my DUTY.... ....

They liked the Center, we hope to get them back next year!

miran
Old 04-24-2001, 07:15 PM   #8
Westernstar9

thanks to Rick Haynes, I was fortunate enough to be backstage at University of Buffalo this past Sunday.

This was my first time backstage. Rick offered me backstage passes for the Buffalo show when we down at the Greensboro concert back in march. We told him we were headed to the buffalo show in april. Sure enough, my name was on the list after the show at UB.

Got to meet the entire band in the "green room" at UB. Gord and Terry were especially accomodating. Like I've said before and as many know, very down to earth guys. Just regular guys, no egos.

The band sounded exceptionally good that night. I find the music sounds better in smaller venues. Although the setlist did not vary much from Greensboro to Buffalo.

We will travel one last time this year to Massey hall to catch a show up there.

Thanks again to Rick. He even remembered my name when we met again backstage. A true gentleman as are the rest of the band members.
Westernstar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 07:15 PM   #9
Saturday clothes

thanks to Rick Haynes, I was fortunate enough to be backstage at University of Buffalo this past Sunday.

This was my first time backstage. Rick offered me backstage passes for the Buffalo show when we down at the Greensboro concert back in march. We told him we were headed to the buffalo show in april. Sure enough, my name was on the list after the show at UB.

Got to meet the entire band in the "green room" at UB. Gord and Terry were especially accomodating. Like I've said before and as many know, very down to earth guys. Just regular guys, no egos.

The band sounded exceptionally good that night. I find the music sounds better in smaller venues. Although the setlist did not vary much from Greensboro to Buffalo.

We will travel one last time this year to Massey hall to catch a show up there.

Thanks again to Rick. He even remembered my name when we met again backstage. A true gentleman as are the rest of the band members.
Saturday clothes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 08:43 AM   #10
miran

Saturday Clothes: - If you were in the greenroom group, you must have passed the woman in black in the hall (silvered hair and glasses, Staff shirt... looking like the hall monitor) - and that would be me. The man did seem quite cheerful, didn't he? Many of the band members had family in for the concert since we're so close to toronto... I think it was especially fun for them because of that.
Old 04-25-2001, 08:43 AM   #11
miran

Saturday Clothes: - If you were in the greenroom group, you must have passed the woman in black in the hall (silvered hair and glasses, Staff shirt... looking like the hall monitor) - and that would be me. The man did seem quite cheerful, didn't he? Many of the band members had family in for the concert since we're so close to toronto... I think it was especially fun for them because of that.
Old 04-25-2001, 10:08 PM   #12
Dan

Miram,

I asked about 10 different ushers if Gord would be doing a meet and greet after the concert and they all didn't know. I also asked them how to get backstage and no one knew either and told me to talk to the usher captain. I did track down the usher captain during intermission and gave her a note to Barry Harvey asking to be permitted backstage after the show. I couldn't find any ushers after the show and I couldn't find the any way to get backstage either.

When we met up with Barry outside he told me that he told the usher captain that we could come backstage. Unfortunately I didn't know that.

Someday I will get back there! If he ever comes back to UB I am going to look for you!
Dan
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote