banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2024, 09:19 PM   #1
charlene

Default Folk Americana Roots Hall of Fame Award-April 2024

Gordon's multi talented daughter Meredith accepted the Hall of Fame SOLO LEGACY ARTIST AWARD for her father in Boston.

https://www.folkamericanarootshalloffame.org/about

https://issuu.com/bochcenter/docs/fa...jI5NDY1Mjg4OTc

''Had a hell of a time in Boston.
Not sure I can even find the words to express my gratitude to Joe Spaulding and the Folk Americana Roots Hall of Fame. Saw the instruments of my heroes (Odetta, Leadbelly) and felt their souls inside of them, shook Joan Baez's hand and watched her sing Blowin' in the Wind with Peter Yarrow and Paul Stookey. Played "East City Blues" with all of em in the front row.. most nerve wracking and rewarding performance of my life... I heard beautiful words on the importance of our music to our people, that is, our incredible community of song weavers whom I love and respect so, so deeply. This weekend was true folk! Rough around the edges, just how it should be. It was like a family reunion with folks I'd never met before.
More than anything, was an honour to represent my fav Dad and celebrate his life's work. Solo legacy artist... way to go, man. I love you and I'm so proud of you. You did it! I'll keep your award shiny and protected from the dust best I can.
Xo''

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:32 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Folk Americana Roots Hall of Fame Award-April 2024

https://www.folkamericanarootshallof...s-of-inductees
2023 Inaugural Class of Inductees

The first Folk Americana Roots Hall of Fame induction ceremony for recipients and their families will take place in mid-April 2024. Living and deceased artists, songwriters, record executives, managers and concert promoters tied to elevating folk, Americana and roots music were all eligible.

Celebrating the lifeblood of America’s musical and cultural heritage, the inaugural class of 29 was selected by a designated nomination committee. This committee includes industry experts, whose collective experience reflects an eclectic mix of genres, geography, gender, race, and roles as well as FARHOF’s Board of Directors which consists of artist and industry advisors.

The inaugural class and categories include:

Solo Legacy Artist – A solo legacy artist is a performer whose initial impact on the genre was at least 45 years prior to the year of Induction.

Gordon Lightfoot
Jean Ritchie
John Prine
Johnny Cash
Josh White
Lead Belly
Odetta
Oscar Brand
Pete Seeger
Richie Havens
Woody Guthrie

Solo Living Artist – A solo living artist is a contemporary performer whose initial impact on the genre was at least 25 years prior to the year of Induction.

Bonnie Raitt
Emmylou Harris
James Taylor
Joan Baez
Joni Mitchell
Mavis Staples
Ramblin’ Jack Elliott
Taj Mahal
Willie Nelson

Duo or Group of Musicians – The Duo or Group of Musicians are performers whose initial impact on the genre was at least 25 years prior to the year of Induction.

Peter, Paul & Mary
The Band
The Byrds
The Weavers

Non-Performer – The Non-Performers category includes supporting musicians, songwriters, managers, publishers, historians, producers, etc.

Albert Grossman (Former manager to many musicians in the folk music scene.)
Betsy Siggins (Founding member of the Club 47 venue now Passim in Boston; assisted in creating the Festival of American Folklife and founder of the New England Folk Music Archives/Folk New England.)
George Wein (Jazz promoter, pianist and producer as well as founder of Newport Jazz Festival; co-founder of the Newport Folk Festival and instrumental in the founding of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.)

Paul Robeson Artist/Activist Award – To honor the artistry and personal courage that defines these genres, the Paul Robeson Artist/Activist award highlights the musicians, journalists, promoters and record executives who, as activists, have insisted that important social justice movements and human stories are preserved. This award pays tribute to those with the same integrity as Paul Robeson, the epitome of the 20th-century Renaissance man. The combination of his immense artistic talent and his absolute fidelity to his moral compass - regardless of the risks – make him a worthy namesake of this important award.

Frank Hamilton – (American folk musician, member of The Weavers and co-founder of Old Town School of Folk Music.)
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote