banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2005, 10:22 AM   #1
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

It has occurred to me that Sean author of no less than 222 postings here since April 2004 is now conspicuous by his absence.His last post appears to have been in October last year
I am about to email him so hopefully all is well in his neck of the woods (I don't recall hearing of a tsusanami hitting
Marina Del Ray although I know it got pretty wet out there)
If you can se this Sean please respond so that we all may see that you are safe and well and still a "lighthead"
John Fowles

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
johnfowles

It has occurred to me that Sean author of no less than 222 postings here since April 2004 is now conspicuous by his absence.His last post appears to have been in October last year
I am about to email him so hopefully all is well in his neck of the woods (I don't recall hearing of a tsusanami hitting
Marina Del Ray although I know it got pretty wet out there)
If you can se this Sean please respond so that we all may see that you are safe and well and still a "lighthead"
John Fowles

------------------
starts at
Old 03-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #3
Tyler

I waas thinking that myself when you referred to his topic as a reference to RCI. Wasn't he off to do some recording some place? I hope he makes it at least one of the concerts.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #4
brink

I waas thinking that myself when you referred to his topic as a reference to RCI. Wasn't he off to do some recording some place? I hope he makes it at least one of the concerts.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:15 PM   #5
Don Quixote

Hi, everyone!!! So sorry I have been out of touch for so long! I have been selected as an artist for one of the three major acoustic guitar manufacturer's, been busy at the NAMM show in Anaheim, doing a bit of talking with Spencer Davis about writing and playing together, AND... getting divorced! Whew! I am so glad, John, that you took the time to email me. Thanks!
I am amashamed to say I have no tickets for Gord and wondered, since I have been out of pocket so long, if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction?
Warmest regards,
Sean
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
searam

Hi, everyone!!! So sorry I have been out of touch for so long! I have been selected as an artist for one of the three major acoustic guitar manufacturer's, been busy at the NAMM show in Anaheim, doing a bit of talking with Spencer Davis about writing and playing together, AND... getting divorced! Whew! I am so glad, John, that you took the time to email me. Thanks!
I am amashamed to say I have no tickets for Gord and wondered, since I have been out of pocket so long, if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction?
Warmest regards,
Sean
searam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
Don Quixote

Oops! Spelling error!
Old 03-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
searam

Oops! Spelling error!
Old 03-16-2005, 12:51 PM   #9
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by searam:
Warmest regards,
Sean

dang I had the perfect reply all typed in then when I went to submit it it firstly falsely claimed that I had not entered my password then when it aquiesced and posted it all my text had vanished so I'll try again
dammit
John Fowles

------------------
starts at

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited March 16, 2005).]
Old 03-16-2005, 12:51 PM   #10
johnfowles

Warmest regards,
Sean

dang I had the perfect reply all typed in then when I went to submit it it firstly falsely claimed that I had not entered my password then when it aquiesced and posted it all my text had vanished so I'll try again
dammit
John Fowles

------------------
starts at

Old 03-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #11
johnfowles

Warmest regards,
Sean

Sean I am so relieved that you responded here (even if not reply yet to my email)
As I was getting quite worriedv and after e-mailing you I even tried the usual innefficient on-line 411/people finders but they uniformly concluded that you do not exist.I did find you on a Georgian musician's site:-http://www.l5p.com/localmus.html
that in turn led me to try http://www.searam.com where I initially found that the buiders are still hard at it: do you need any help with your web site perchance??
You did ask me back in the fall/autumn about geting music clips up on the internet I recall
anyway you asked
" if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction?"
Yes how's about pretty well due East to Cerritos on April 23rd":-http://www.cerritoscenter.com/event_...event=32683144
Oops looks like it is already a sell out!!
you 'll have to advertise here or on the Newsgroup to get tix I guess unless you have contacts there??
the Cerritos concert is where your fellow LA musician Rex a.k.a "the rez" had suggested in his relevant topic at:- http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003002.html
"I suggest we meet under the Victor Borga (sic) signature tile (no one else will.) It sounds harder to find a thing like that than it is. Before the show would be great - after too"
If you draw a blank there then try
either the previous night's concert somewhat further away from you in El Cajon or the following night's concert at Agoura Hills
again pretty well due east from you http://www.canyonclub.net/
where they do not sell actual seats but
"Tickets may be purchased from
our Box Office (818) 879-5016
or purchase tickets online at:"
ticket"master":- http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09...1&minorcatid=1
who carefully send you back by saying
"RESERVED TICKETS REQUIRE CUSTOMERS TO SIT IN DINNER SECTION AND MUST PURCHASE A FULL DINNER MEAL! RESERVED TICKETS AVAILABLE AT BOX OFFICE ONLY!"
There you are sure to find Sheryl at least.
Of course if you meant by saying
"have been out of pocket so long"
that you are actually skint then you'll just jolly well have to "trade in one of your Martins"!!!
John Fowles

Old 03-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #12
johnfowles

Warmest regards,
Sean

Sean I am so relieved that you responded here (even if not reply yet to my email)
As I was getting quite worriedv and after e-mailing you I even tried the usual innefficient on-line 411/people finders but they uniformly concluded that you do not exist.I did find you on a Georgian musician's site:-http://www.l5p.com/localmus.html
that in turn led me to try http://www.searam.com where I initially found that the buiders are still hard at it: do you need any help with your web site perchance??
You did ask me back in the fall/autumn about geting music clips up on the internet I recall
anyway you asked
" if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction?"
Yes how's about pretty well due East to Cerritos on April 23rd":-http://www.cerritoscenter.com/event_...event=32683144
Oops looks like it is already a sell out!!
you 'll have to advertise here or on the Newsgroup to get tix I guess unless you have contacts there??
the Cerritos concert is where your fellow LA musician Rex a.k.a "the rez" had suggested in his relevant topic at:- http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003002.html
"I suggest we meet under the Victor Borga (sic) signature tile (no one else will.) It sounds harder to find a thing like that than it is. Before the show would be great - after too"
If you draw a blank there then try
either the previous night's concert somewhat further away from you in El Cajon or the following night's concert at Agoura Hills
again pretty well due east from you http://www.canyonclub.net/
where they do not sell actual seats but
"Tickets may be purchased from
our Box Office (818) 879-5016
or purchase tickets online at:"
ticket"master":- http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09...1&minorcatid=1
who carefully send you back by saying
"RESERVED TICKETS REQUIRE CUSTOMERS TO SIT IN DINNER SECTION AND MUST PURCHASE A FULL DINNER MEAL! RESERVED TICKETS AVAILABLE AT BOX OFFICE ONLY!"
There you are sure to find Sheryl at least.
Of course if you meant by saying
"have been out of pocket so long"
that you are actually skint then you'll just jolly well have to "trade in one of your Martins"!!!
John Fowles

Old 03-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #13
Don Quixote

John, "out of pocket" means teriibly busy in "colonial" lingo. I have been in and out of town working on a project and that's what I meant. If I miss the show, I wish all of you a great time! Thanks for the email!!
Sean
Old 03-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #14
searam

John, "out of pocket" means teriibly busy in "colonial" lingo. I have been in and out of town working on a project and that's what I meant. If I miss the show, I wish all of you a great time! Thanks for the email!!
Sean
Old 03-17-2005, 06:29 PM   #15
Borderstone

Hi ya Sean! Long time no type too! Try not to be a stranger K.O.? I thought maybe you'd taken over a major record label or something!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:27 PM   #16
Don Quixote

Actually, it may be better and bigger than that! I had a meeting with my entertainment attorney last night and some HUGE things are brewing! Kepp your fingers crossed and when I am allowed to speak about it, I will certainly share with all my friends.
Sean
Old 03-18-2005, 02:27 PM   #17
searam

Actually, it may be better and bigger than that! I had a meeting with my entertainment attorney last night and some HUGE things are brewing! Kepp your fingers crossed and when I am allowed to speak about it, I will certainly share with all my friends.
Sean
Old 01-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #18
johnfowles

This appears to contain the most recent postings by Sean Rammuno better known to us when he was posting as "searam"
I have now left private messages for both Sean and the other stranger Doug Letcher from Ottawa who last posted in April 2005, and sent emails to both so am hoping that one or the other (preferably both) reply to me
John Fowles
Sit Down Young Strangers and tell us where
you've been
Old 01-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #19
johnfowles

This appears to contain the most recent postings by Sean Rammuno better known to us when he was posting as "searam"
I have now left private messages for both Sean and the other stranger Doug Letcher from Ottawa who last posted in April 2005, and sent emails to both so am hoping that one or the other (preferably both) reply to me
John Fowles
Sit Down Young Strangers and tell us where
you've been
Old 01-22-2006, 04:25 PM   #20
johnfowles

Update on missing persons

I had sent private messages to Sean Ramunno "searam" and Doug Letcher
with the subject "Hoping that you are still alive and kicking?? "
I am very relieved to report that the messsage to the latter stranger is now marked "Read by Recipient" but he has not yet replied to me nor to this topic.
unfortuneately "You can not respond to this PM until the recipient replies."
so I'll try one more time
Sean's still says "Unread by Recipient"
I unsuccessfully again tried 411 to try to get his phone number but again found nothing really useful
but it did produce:-
*** No results were found for SEAN RAMUNNO in MARINA DEL RAY, CA ***
The city was removed from the criteria you entered.
despit thsat it then revealed:-
Name/AKAs Age Birth Date Phone City, State
1. RAMUNNO, SEAN ROBERT 52 Available Available
Possible Relatives
Woodstock, GA
Duluth, GA DEBORAH K RAMUNNO,
Marina Del Rey, CA CAPTAIN SEAN RAMUNNO,
Snellville, GA DEBORAH K (age 48)
View Details
but I suspect that to get anything more useful will cost $$$ so I will wait a bit more to see if he reads my message and hopefully replies.I am also wondering if fellow musician Rex "rhe rez" could do some sleuthing as I think fom the map he and Sean live relatively close to each other.
How about it Rex???
now to try to "reactivate" Shazia who after an enthusiastic flurry of activity (219 posts) has not posted here since last September

John Fowles

[ January 22, 2006, 15:59: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
Old 01-22-2006, 04:25 PM   #21
johnfowles

Update on missing persons

I had sent private messages to Sean Ramunno "searam" and Doug Letcher
with the subject "Hoping that you are still alive and kicking?? "
I am very relieved to report that the messsage to the latter stranger is now marked "Read by Recipient" but he has not yet replied to me nor to this topic.
unfortuneately "You can not respond to this PM until the recipient replies."
so I'll try one more time
Sean's still says "Unread by Recipient"
I unsuccessfully again tried 411 to try to get his phone number but again found nothing really useful
but it did produce:-
*** No results were found for SEAN RAMUNNO in MARINA DEL RAY, CA ***
The city was removed from the criteria you entered.
despit thsat it then revealed:-
Name/AKAs Age Birth Date Phone City, State
1. RAMUNNO, SEAN ROBERT 52 Available Available
Possible Relatives
Woodstock, GA
Duluth, GA DEBORAH K RAMUNNO,
Marina Del Rey, CA CAPTAIN SEAN RAMUNNO,
Snellville, GA DEBORAH K (age 48)
View Details
but I suspect that to get anything more useful will cost $$$ so I will wait a bit more to see if he reads my message and hopefully replies.I am also wondering if fellow musician Rex "rhe rez" could do some sleuthing as I think fom the map he and Sean live relatively close to each other.
How about it Rex???
now to try to "reactivate" Shazia who after an enthusiastic flurry of activity (219 posts) has not posted here since last September

John Fowles

[ January 22, 2006, 15:59: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
Old 01-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #22
Tyler

John,
I was on the board a couple days ago and Doug Letcher was on at the same time.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #23
brink

John,
I was on the board a couple days ago and Doug Letcher was on at the same time.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote