banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
sunshine

Default Grand Junction concert

Interesting night in Grand Junction. Gordon began the concert by saying that it would be 2 songs short of a full concert, not sure why. He started on the stroke of 8 pm, no intermission, and ended at 9:30. He joked that we would all be able to be home in time for Larry King Live, mountain time. Gordon sang every hit and many more songs very well even though he had a blocked eardrum. He said he couldn't hear himself sing the high notes but he was able to hit them. It was a great musical evening, and the audience, as usual, was very pleased, supportive, and enthusiastic.
Does anyone have any information about the band, what they do when they are not touring with Gordon? I'm always surprised to see the same band members, thinking they must have other conflicting professional obligations or is being Gordon's band their sole occupation?
________
marijuana pictures

Last edited by sunshine; 01-26-2011 at 12:44 AM.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Grand Junction concert

The band keeps busy with other musical engagements of different sorts when they are not rehearsing and touring with Lightfoot. They all live in the Toronto area and some are involved with other local bands while others are kept busy with their children and grandchildren. Barry Keane is very active with his kids in sports and he himself plays baseball.

I wonder if the altitude was affecting his eardrum..and making him tired. I know some folks from the east who have been out west in Utah and Colorado and have found it quite physically exhausting, experiencing vertigo, nausea and headaches.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
GeoMan

Default Re: Grand Junction concert

Hi:

I was in Copper Mtn. CO for four days a couple years ago and had a hard time adjusting to the altitude.

John
GeoMan is offline   Reply With Quote