banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
charlene

Default Shania Twain

Shania has left a birthday message and video at her site. What an endearing, lovely and gracious person.
She looks fabulous as usual..enjoy the video!

http://shaniatwain.com/
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
jj

Default Re: Shania Twain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMoppens View Post
Do you happen to know if there has been a book written about that or perhaps a film?
the film was a typical celeb bio production, neither Oscar worthy nor as feeble as an after school special...here's a clip

YouTube - Flash do filme "Shania: A Life In Eight Albums" - Shania Twain

that is Megan Follows (when younger, played Anne of Green Gables) portraying her mother

there are a few books...with the wealth of articles, tweetings, blogs and home movies out there on the internet, I haven't found an urge to hunt down any celeb bios in the past few decades

those are some quality home movies, happy 44th

yeah, she's put some food on the tables of hungry kids

she can handle a chain saw, doesn't take any crap, calls all the shots when it comes to her brand, a real force she is

the Lange/Twain pop songwriting/production tandem will be missed, always enjoyed the tight live band Mutt assembled...this is a live raw clip I always dug

YouTube - Biggers & Summers Show Shania Twain Schafer Malachowski

and this one is probably the first time i saw her on local tv

YouTube - Shania Twain - What Made You Say That - Dini Petty 1993

ugh, Mutt married a smokin' gal who practices sexual abstinence...MEDIC!!!

Last edited by jj; 08-31-2009 at 06:35 PM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
charlene

I love that they basically swapped mates..lol
Shania learned at a young age how to survive on her terms..it's served her well.

She's a beautiful looking woman - even that old footage shows how pretty she is.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
charlene

she speaks of her family: (ugh Katie Couric.ugh)
Old 08-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
I love that they basically swapped mates..lol
bob ted carol and alice? lol

only saw a pic or two but seems like Mutt must be losing his vision in his old age, there must have been many more tempting Swiss gals surrounding their castle, what would i know

well, i'd have say Shania drew the long straw here
Old 08-31-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
jj

i remember reading these articles years ago...they might have some odds and ends of interest to you, misty...maybe she's not into total abstinence..thought it was no meat, alcohol, drugs, sex...i'd read that a few times, anywho...dive in

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/..._get_the_blues

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/cov...pop_dominatrix

Last edited by jj; 08-31-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
SherylKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
she speaks of her family: (ugh Katie Couric.ugh)
YouTube - Shania Twain - All I Want For Christmas Is You (Today Show)
I agree with you on all counts, Char. She's gorgeous, gifted, and a survivor - you don't see many "backbones" like that anymore (me included, unfortunately). I remember seeing a "Biography" program which the Bio Channel reruns every so often. She talked about having to get her younger brothers and sisters down to a stream every day for their morning ablutions before making sure they got to school. (All I could think of was - must have been super in the wintertime!) I'll miss the great videos she and her ex produced, but hey, maybe without him, she'll make even better ones! In the "Biography" show, they said that "That Don't Impress Me None" was one of the most expensive videos of that time. My fave is "Feel Like a Woman" - the new millenium's version of "I am Woman" only fun!

And speaking of "MS. COURIC" and her ilk, I saw a clip just this morning of the "Today" show (her "alma mater") in which a tape was shown of two trucks - one t-boned into the other and the man standing next to the truck that was hit was thrown under the vehicle. Viera stated that she hoped he recovered soon, he had a lot to look forward to - he was getting married. The "jaw dropping" portion occurred as Al Roker and Matt Lauer starting joking about it , saying "Well, if he can survive a wreck like that, he'll be able to survive marriage", somments like that, like a couple of prepubescent boys. Viera moved in and stopped them, thank God! I've worked in law offices and participated in black humor, but it wasn't broadcast on national tv! What must his parents, not to mention his fiancee, have felt hearing those comments? Ooops, I digressed, sorry....

So, has anyone seen Shania in person? I saw a clip from her Chicago concert, but that was a few years back. Sure hope I get to take in one of her concerts....SherylKat
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
charlene

Shania will carry the Olympic Torch thru her hometown of Timmins:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...bUq4uxQFmXvQ9Q

Shania Twain to carry Olympic torch through hometown of Timmins, Ont.
(CP) – 1 day ago

TIMMINS, Ont. — Shania Twain will carry the Olympic torch through her northern Ontario hometown of Timmins.

The pop-country superstar says the honour "is certain to be one of the most memorable experiences of my life."

Twain says on her website that she will carry the flame through the city on Jan. 1, 2010 as part of the Olympic Torch Relay.

The high-profile appearance comes as Twain prepares for a career comeback after her much-publicized break-up with music producer Robert (Mutt) Lange last year.

She's also set to appear on "American Idol" as a guest judge on the reality singing competition.

Twain said in a release that she is honoured to be a torch bearer for the 2010 Winter Olympics, which run Feb. 12 to 28 in Vancouver.

"I am proud to have been presented this unique opportunity and privilege and look forward to sharing the pride with my hometown and fellow Canadians as we are all proud of our country's chance to host the upcoming Winter Games," Twain said.

"I have a tremendous respect for the hard work, dedication and talent of the world's greatest athletes and will humbly carry and pass on the Olympic torch with a special pride for my country's Olympians. I am grateful for this special gift of participation in carrying the flame that represents such an incredible spirit of sportsmanship and excellence and wish all the athletes of the 2010 Winter Olympics courage, strength and triumph during the Games."

The torch will visit over 1,000 communities and will be carried by 12,000 people on a 45,000-kilometre journey.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #9
Jesse Joe

Very talented smart woman, in many ways.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote