banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #51
charlene

[/qb][/QUOTE]Charlene, I can't help but notice that you are glowing in your recent posts! LOL. Your genuine happiness makes me smile. I am glad the Lightfoot concerts at Massey and the exhibit have brought you and so many others on this board so much joy. Nice to see.

Peace, Jen [/QB][/QUOTE]

I just may be delirious with exhaustion!
lol
I love the Massey shows, the friends that come, the music, and the crazy running around we all do trying to fit it all in...it's a lot to cram into just a few days but we manage to do it and survive with the next event in mind...These past four shows were beyond description...Lightfoot was so open and happy and relaxed...he was in fine voice and spirit and the band was obviously enjoying themselves and it all filtered out to the fans...it was truly amazing...and exhilarating! Ya gotta smile with all that great energy around!

[ November 22, 2006, 19:26: Message edited by: charlene ]
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #52
Ginny

Well now that things have slowed down a little after the Massey experience time is allotted to browse through the numerous posts that have accumulated as I just kind of left the computer alone while I was away. I was drawn to this one though, as apart from the fact that it was revived by Gord's daughther, Ingrid, I read something in the way of an outpouring of grief and affection from a child to her Mother who has passed on. We only get one Mom, and I'm lucky to still have mine, but it's clear the bond you had with your Mom was a strong one. It's a very moving and emotional feeling and I just want to pass along my condolonces. Sincerely, Ron Jones.
Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #53
Borderstone

Default Re: Brita Lightfoot has passed away

Two years ago this week,we were honored with a special guest posting here on the site.

In honor of Gordon's 70th birthday this Monday i thought I'd bring this topic back up because it was so wonderful to have conversed with Gordon's daughter Ingrid (Melody) .

I feel it's one of the best threads in the history of the site. It's an unhappy reason that the thread started but her presence made it a little less so.

I'm sure all of us who posted will never forget this,ever.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #54
Jesse Joe

Ingrid ( Melody) made it almost unbelievable for me. Actually posting with Gord's eldest daughter. It was really cool.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #55
Nightingale

You know what I like about this thread?

It's such a testament to the friendship and love the fans of Gordon Lightfoot have for each other, Gordon, and his family.

It's really wonderful to read, and also to be here among you.

Melody sounds like a lovely woman.
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #56
Borderstone

While on a little break at my current job,I was "leafing" through some old threads and found this one. have replied then but were not alowed to "login" to anything. Just read.

I reaad the date and I was in a moment of disbelief! June of 2005 Over 6years ago already! Amazing.

I also read it through and you know,this is the most touching and human thread on the main board. Maybe the whole site.
When Gord's daughter Ingrid/Melody posted ,we all were cetainly taken aback by it.

You know,the internet can be filled with "cold" people,ridiculous people and even mean peiople. Every now & then then though,things like this remind us theat,rtechnologu or no,there are still good-hearted people in the world.

I'm going to read it again.

Last edited by Borderstone; 11-08-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #57
Lisa J

Send a message via AIM to Lisa J

i am so glad you found this while "leafing" through old threads. how wonderful it was to read. It was like witnessing a very touching conversation between old friends who had never met. thanks for finding it and to Ingrid/Melody: I am so sorry for your loss so many years ago. I hope all is well with you.
lisa
Lisa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #58
charlene

thinking of the family as the 8th anniversary of Brita Lightfoot's death comes tomorrow. (June 8, 2005)
Times passes so quickly.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #59
jj

is there a more recent pic posted of her? (other than one in her twenty's?)

...ok, i was doing my family tree online and its got 130 leaves now (not using any geneological online links, just personal knowledge from directly relative's i've met or i was living when they were alive) and i realized that every day seems to either be someone (living or dead)'s birthday or the anniversary of someones' death

i was thinking that we Canuck's should redo time measure in metric (everything a multiple of ten) the way we did with distance...am i off topic yet?

RIP Brita
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #60
charlene

totally off topic..lol

Are WE related??
lol
Old 06-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #61
jj

just both 'relative'ly kooky kanuks! lol
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #62
lighthead2toe

It was ironic that today following a visit to the Scarborough Towne Centre we drove through the itersection of Lawrence Ave. East and McCowan Rd. in Scarborough which is the location of the Scarborough General Hospital where Brita passed away eight years ago. The thought came to me as we were driving by and then I come home and read this revived thread.

We never forget our loved ones and it's clear she was a very much loved Mom so without any further elaboration may I please pass on my extended condolences to the family.

Ron J.
lighthead2toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #63
Borderstone

11/17/2006 ...I know none of us will ever forget this historical CORFID site moment and message :

Hello All,
Gord's daughter Ingrid here...Thank you all for your kind words.
Some answers to your Q's...I can't tell you how much I miss her still. I am now 40yrs old with 2 kids, Amber 20, in University and Johnny 18, in grade 12. I divorced their father 15yrs. ago and now have been living with Terry for several years.

My brother Fred is 42 and is married to Leynie and they have 2 kids, Ben 3, and Kristina 21/2 months. My kids loved their "Granny" so much and it breaks my heart that my brother's kids will not know her...
Mom was definately not the senior type. She was still beautiful at 69, looked 60. She took care of herself and had no bad habits. She was a very happy person and lots of fun. Very stable. She loved her grandchildren dearly and devoted alot of time to them.

Her passion was always Gardening. She had a serious green thumb! She also studied antiques. In the winter she was a snow bird and myself and my 2 kids would join her every year for a week or two. I will miss that. I will still travel but there won't be anymore home cooked meals. She was a fabulous cook too! Scandinavian style.

As far as where she lived goes, she had her cottage on lake Simcoe raised and converted into a home and had lived there for several years. There she gardened to her hearts content. HUGE garden! She would start at 7am and go until 5. I plan to move up there, sell my house here and commute to work. I just can't part with her home...I feel so happy when I go there and always feel sad about leaving. So, that's what I will do!

As far as a book about Mom, definately would have been interesting! She was an economics major if some of you didn't know, hence, business savy. So many interesting jobs and experiences.

I miss her, my kids miss her but alot of her has rubbed off on us and we are all doing fine.
Thank you all again for your posts, and if it's possible to look up In Memoriums, I put one in on August 8th of last year in the Toronto Star for the 1st year anniversary of her death.
Take Care All, I'll be at the concert at Massey on Sat. Perhaps some of you will be there
Dad is fine by the way, getting ready for his second show tonight!

Ingrid .

So great being able to send a message to her as well and to give condolences we know were recieved and apprecited. 8 years...seems like only 8 months.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #64
charlene

9 years....
Old 06-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #65
lighthead2toe

a reflecting moment as a father and grandfather...we never forget our loved ones.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:46 AM   #66
charlene

10 years has passed...
pics: http://www.corfid.com/vbb/showthread...ighlight=brita
Old 06-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #67
lighthead2toe

Hard to believe just how fast time slips away.

Once again, my condolences to the family.

Thought I'd share this very moving epitaph I discovered along the way which I saved. It describes beautifully the preciousness of our mothers.

From what I understand the author is unknown.

Your Mother is always with you
She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street
She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick, the fragrance of life
itself
She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well
She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day
She's the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow
She is Christmas Morning
Your Mother lives inside your laughter
She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with
every step you take
She's your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can
separate you, not time, not space, not even death.