banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #26
podunklander

Default Re: Have To Say Something...

I have something to say too and that is in regards to the heroes that you mention, Charlene. My father would fall into what you define as a hero, and it is my father who instantly comes to mind at those times when I've become so upset and offended by your posts that are peppered with anti-American sentiment. Have you really no idea how much it hurts and how much pain that brings me? And it makes me feel like you somehow can't understand, have no compassion and don't even want to consider or try to...for how just awful those things you write make me feel.

It is my father and what he went through that comes to mind and overwhelms me when I read that stuff. It makes me feel like you are being disrespectful to the memory of my father and others. And that last thread that got me so upset ...when you mentioned 9-11...I thought about what my friend shared with me about what her husband went through and obviously I became very upset.

There are certainly things that I don't like about you but I always look for the good and best in people when I'm dealing with folk...knowing that nobody's perfect, and the rest is none of my concern as it has nothing to do with me. What I do not like about you that upsets me ...is when you write those things that hurt me so deeply enough with the painful memories that they trigger...enough so that I've lashed out at you in response . How you seem to not care -as if it's my problem alone...if I don't like it or have a problem with it -is inconsiderate. You've never cared to ask me why I get so upset nor apologized for having upset me and that's why I find it to be inconsiderate.

Charlene, it makes me think that you want your word to be gospel and that only you, as moderator have the trying chore and wishing it was so easy to 'delete'...you think we all hang on and adore every word you write??? wtf?? Speaking for myself, I've enjoyed many of your posts but not all of them...and certainly not the one's that upset me!

If you are even in the least alluding to me as one of those of whom you speak of...as having any kind of personal agenda, being misguided, imagined self-importance and all that about common sense, respect ...I'm hoping you're not because that is not even funny considering how far that is from the reality of the situation, with me anyway.

Gordon (a man and his guitar) falls into the category of "hero" for me for his charitable work and worthwhile causes he has lent his support to and his many other accomplishments/achievements.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #27
brink-

Quote:
Originally Posted by podunklander View Post
I have something to say too and that is in regards to the heroes that you mention, Charlene. My father would fall into what you define as a hero, and it is my father who instantly comes to mind at those times when I've become so upset and offended by your posts that are peppered with anti-American sentiment. Have you really no idea how much it hurts and how much pain that brings me? And it makes me feel like you somehow can't understand, have no compassion and don't even want to consider or try to...for how just awful those things you write make me feel.

It is my father and what he went through that comes to mind and overwhelms me when I read that stuff. It makes me feel like you are being disrespectful to the memory of my father and others. And that last thread that got me so upset ...when you mentioned 9-11...I thought about what my friend shared with me about what her husband went through and obviously I became very upset.

There are certainly things that I don't like about you but I always look for the good and best in people when I'm dealing with folk...knowing that nobody's perfect, and the rest is none of my concern as it has nothing to do with me. What I do not like about you that upsets me ...is when you write those things that hurt me so deeply enough with the painful memories that they trigger...enough so that I've lashed out at you in response . How you seem to not care -as if it's my problem alone...if I don't like it or have a problem with it -is inconsiderate. You've never cared to ask me why I get so upset nor apologized for having upset me and that's why I find it to be inconsiderate.

Charlene, it makes me think that you want your word to be gospel and that only you, as moderator have the trying chore and wishing it was so easy to 'delete'...you think we all hang on and adore every word you write??? wtf?? Speaking for myself, I've enjoyed many of your posts but not all of them...and certainly not the one's that upset me!

If you are even in the least alluding to me as one of those of whom you speak of...as having any kind of personal agenda, being misguided, imagined self-importance and all that about common sense, respect ...I'm hoping you're not because that is not even funny considering how far that is from the reality of the situation, with me anyway.

Gordon (a man and his guitar) falls into the category of "hero" for me for his charitable work and worthwhile causes he has lent his support to and his many other accomplishments/achievements.
I wish I had the delete button.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #28
brink-

Please Char, before you post anything, write anything, say anything - pause for a moment and think if it is going trigger any bad memories for the hundreds of people you don't know and also don't know of their pasts.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #29
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Char, I've never heard any anti-American sentiment from you. In fact, you have taken razzing from me about being a Canadian. It's just part of the banter that goes on in this place. I tease you about being a Canuck... you tease me about being a backwoods Mainer.
Sometimes I think some people feel a post is written with him or her in mind, when if fact, it's just a coincidence, or perhaps a little bit of razzing.

I've met Char on several occasions, and I've never, ever, EVER, seen or heard an instance where she's spoken poorly about anyone.

"I got the paranoia blues from walking around in New York City
Where they roll ya for a nickel, and stick ya for the extra dime
Anyway you choose, you're bound to lose in New York City
Oh, I just got out in the nick of time...."
(Paul Simon)

Cathy
Old 12-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #30
jj

Quote:
...I've become so upset and offended by your posts that are peppered with anti-American sentiment
firstly, i wish you (and ALL members... i mean, who wouldn't?) the very best of health.... with that hopefully understood, try understand this: you dominated this forum with your issues and skewed perceptions during our (all five of us here, lol) entire Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and now as the winter holiday approaches you insert yourself and views in this otherwise entirely pleasant thread...if your views were isolated in one thread it would be easier to say to oneself, "just don't read it"...but you've shown a bubbly positive nature in the past and i guess i read it to hope that person is back, not

i'm sure Americans are very thankful for your dad's and many other's unimaginable contributions...many of us uphold perceive our father's as heroes even if they are not the "kick your ass" type...perhaps might is not right for all

side by side, char and i have exchanged wit and views of the world around us and i can say we've often glorified but also expressed concerns and/or poked fun at fellow Canadians, Americans, Brits, well, there are no exemptions actually...i feel you should try and let your obsession with anti-US 'everything' move along...and feel free to apologize to your fellow members, or at least to any that your have personally attacked with insults...and if they were ever fueled by just not feeling well at that moment then i suggest this strategy: please try to post when you are feeling well and lurk (or simply sign out) when you are not

there are many here who seem to think they would like to dethrone this place and make themselves a better moderator...maybe they should start by being better members

sorry to single you out, but this is just getting too old...besides it's Sunday, a day of rest, please give it one...otherwise i'll continue working on my latest GL song parody...to the tune of Restless...but it's called Relentless...

be well and all the best for 2011

btw, char...i also have a disagreement....you're what I would call a friend of Lightfoot

thanks you so much, char! ....and, in advance, thank you so much, pam!
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #31
charlene

Happy 3,500th post James!
please refer to previous posts from Ron about prizes...
lol
and THANK YOU..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #32
charlene

I forgot about your love for all things "Paul Simon." Thanks for the reminder.
You really have to head up here in May. The jam with you sitting in would be great..Lots of new folks will love to see you sing and play. And James can make a new Friends of Lightfoot video!
c'mon up!
I'll vouch for you at the border...

Say Hi to Hazel for me...I still have that magnet with her painting on it - right where I put it years ago - on the metal surround on my fireplace downstairs where the magic happened that May day in 2001...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
Char, I've never heard any anti-American sentiment from you. In fact, you have taken razzing from me about being a Canadian. It's just part of the banter that goes on in this place. I tease you about being a Canuck... you tease me about being a backwoods Mainer.
Sometimes I think some people feel a post is written with him or her in mind, when if fact, it's just a coincidence, or perhaps a little bit of razzing.

I've met Char on several occasions, and I've never, ever, EVER, seen or heard an instance where she's spoken poorly about anyone.

"I got the paranoia blues from walking around in New York City
Where they roll ya for a nickel, and stick ya for the extra dime
Anyway you choose, you're bound to lose in New York City
Oh, I just got out in the nick of time...."
(Paul Simon)

Cathy
Old 12-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #33
charlene

[QUOTE=jj;167753] i'll continue working on my latest GL song parody...to the tune of Restless...but it's called Relentless...
QUOTE]

I'd love to hear it - will there be album art too?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #34
Cathy

I remember parts of the magic day in May 2001, but I have no idea about a magnet that Mom painted. What did she paint on it? Spark my memory, would ya?

Cathy
Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #35
charlene

It's a beautiful ocean scene.. it's about 5 x 6 inches big. You gave it to me.
Your mum is a wonderful artist..Your CD cover is but one example. http://cathycowette.com/music.asp
I got a lot of lovely mementoes that day..I still have every one.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #36
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
firstly, i wish you (and ALL members... i mean, who wouldn't?) the very best of health.... with that hopefully understood, try understand this: you dominated this forum with your issues and skewed perceptions during our (all five of us here, lol) entire Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and now as the winter holiday approaches you insert yourself and views in this otherwise entirely pleasant thread...if your views were isolated in one thread it would be easier to say to oneself, "just don't read it"...but you've shown a bubbly positive nature in the past and i guess i read it to hope that person is back, not

i'm sure Americans are very thankful for your dad's and many other's unimaginable contributions...many of us uphold perceive our father's as heroes even if they are not the "kick your ass" type...perhaps might is not right for all

side by side, char and i have exchanged wit and views of the world around us and i can say we've often glorified but also expressed concerns and/or poked fun at fellow Canadians, Americans, Brits, well, there are no exemptions actually...i feel you should try and let your obsession with anti-US 'everything' move along...and feel free to apologize to your fellow members, or at least to any that your have personally attacked with insults...and if they were ever fueled by just not feeling well at that moment then i suggest this strategy: please try to post when you are feeling well and lurk (or simply sign out) when you are not

there are many here who seem to think they would like to dethrone this place and make themselves a better moderator...maybe they should start by being better members

sorry to single you out, but this is just getting too old...besides it's Sunday, a day of rest, please give it one...otherwise i'll continue working on my latest GL song parody...to the tune of Restless...but it's called Relentless...

be well and all the best for 2011

btw, char...i also have a disagreement....you're what I would call a friend of Lightfoot

thanks you so much, char! ....and, in advance, thank you so much, pam!
I am just being honest -that's how I take it and how it makes me feel. Even if it's not intended that way, it's hard to see because it's something that I am sensitive about. If you don't understand this, I wish you could at least please respect my feelings. I wish you wouldn't think of it as a skewed perception. I'm well aware that people joke around and tease about nationalities, etc., and I sometimes do that among friends that I'm comfortable doing that with in all good fun, but I wouldn't be insensitive about it or not considerate if I know they make take offense, etc., to it.

I apologized to Charlene about all I wrote and why it was particularly upsetting to me at that time. But I was deeply offended and insulted about the redneck comments @Toby Keith and so much else in that thread. I didn't like that but should have kept it to myself so I apologize to everyone about that. In grad school...I studied nationalism (and under some of the leading experts in this field of study) so I follow a different school of thought on the subject that many here may not be familiar with, but that shouldn't be something I have to apologize for. I would like to think that someone could respect that...even if they don't understand it or think of it as a skewed perception.

I'm well aware that my illness can cause me to become easily upset, agitated, etc. It has become a little easier for me to keep it in check on my own as my condition has improved for short times. I rely on a medication that controls my entire metabolism and my doctor often prescribes too much or too little...which both go along with a host of symptoms that I have no control over, like my heart rate, blood pressure and blood sugar. I've been on a new dose for a couple of weeks and feel pretty good (not bubbly yet, sorry jj) all is fine except my heart rate is too high and I can't do a thing about it. I have to wait to have blood work in a week and 1/2 and go from there!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #37
brink-

Pam, you obviously were the only person to take offense. My dad was in the service for years, killed a lot of people in the name of the US - I didn't take offense to what Char said. I take care of Vets, I still didn't take offense, I live in the US and didn't take offense. Maybe - just maybe you are way too sensitive. Next time your meds aren't working right for you instead of posting on Corfid try posting on www.bitchoftheday.com

Now back to a VERY pleasant, well deserved post about our moderator.

Last edited by brink-; 12-12-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #38
Sundown17

Quote:
I am just being honest -that's how I take it and how it makes me feel. Even if it's not intended that way, it's hard to see because it's something that I am sensitive about. If you don't understand this, I wish you could at least please respect my feelings. I wish you wouldn't think of it as a skewed perception. I'm well aware that people joke around and tease about nationalities, etc., and I sometimes do that among friends that I'm comfortable doing that with in all good fun, but I wouldn't be insensitive about it or not considerate if I know they make take offense, etc., to it.

I apologized to Charlene about all I wrote and why it was particularly upsetting to me at that time. But I was deeply offended and insulted about the redneck comments @Toby Keith and so much else in that thread. I didn't like that but should have kept it to myself so I apologize to everyone about that. In grad school...I studied nationalism (and under some of the leading experts in this field of study) so I follow a different school of thought on the subject that many here may not be familiar with, but that shouldn't be something I have to apologize for. I would like to think that someone could respect that...even if they don't understand it or think of it as a skewed perception.

I'm well aware that my illness can cause me to become easily upset, agitated, etc. It has become a little easier for me to keep it in check on my own as my condition has improved for short times. I rely on a medication that controls my entire metabolism and my doctor often prescribes too much or too little...which both go along with a host of symptoms that I have no control over, like my heart rate, blood pressure and blood sugar. I've been on a new dose for a couple of weeks and feel pretty good (not bubbly yet, sorry jj) all is fine except my heart rate is too high and I can't do a thing about it. I have to wait to have blood work in a week and 1/2 and go from there!
I know that I will regret this, but the educator in me couldn't let the misconcepts go without comment.

Please explain to me why Char, or anyone, should have to respect YOUR feelings when posting perfectly reasonable comments or quoting another source on a PUBLIC forum especially since, as you say, "follow a different school of thought on the subject that many here may not be familiar with". How the heck are we supposed to give consideration for something we are not familiar with?

On second thought...no, please don't explain.

Also, stop alluding to your perfectly common condition like it is some medical mystery. Geeze Louise woman, you have a thyroid condition. Do you know how many people have that? No, you probably don't because they don't go around acting like self-centered egomaniacs (re-read your posts and count how many "I"s and references to personal experiences are in them to support your misplaced indignation).

So you don't have control over your heart rate/blood pressure/blood sugar (however, I have both personal and professional knowledge of thyroid conditions and beg to differ with your statement.) but you do have control over your behavior. On the occasion that a thyroid condition causes the kind of personality changes you are trying to explain away, you wouldn't be capable of typing on the internet. Instead, you should be calling 911. It's called a Thyroid Storm. It can be deadly and is RARE. Look it up. Everything else is very manageable if you want it to be. Ask me, I've been there as was my mother and grandmother. When I do go off in a rant, I don't blame my thyroid or any of my health conditions. I take full accountability for choosing to rant but more often I choose to walk away.

So I would echo the advice that many here have given....on any given day if your "condition" is making you "easily upset, agitated, etc", do yourself a favor...be a responsible adult and stay away from public forums. Come back when you are feeling better.
Sundown17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #39
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown17 View Post
I know that I will regret this, but the educator in me couldn't let the misconcepts go without comment.

Please explain to me why Char, or anyone, should have to respect YOUR feelings when posting perfectly reasonable comments or quoting another source on a PUBLIC forum especially since, as you say, "follow a different school of thought on the subject that many here may not be familiar with". How the heck are we supposed to give consideration for something we are not familiar with?

On second thought...no, please don't explain.

Also, stop eluding to your perfectly common condition like it is some medical mystery. Geeze Louise woman, you have a thyroid condition. Do you know how many people have that? No, you probably don't because they don't go around acting like self-centered egomaniacs (re-read your posts and count how many "I"s and references to personal experiences are in them to support your misplaced indignation).

So you don't have control over your heart rate/blood pressure/blood sugar (however, I have both personal and professional knowledge of thyroid conditions and beg to differ with your statement.) but you do have control over your behavior. On the occasion that a thyroid condition causes the kind of personality changes you are trying to explain away, you wouldn't be capable of typing on the internet. Instead, you should be calling 911. It's called a Thyroid Storm. It can be deadly and is RARE. Look it up. Everything else is very manageable if you want it to be. Ask me, I've been there as was my mother and grandmother. When I do go off in a rant, I don't blame my thyroid or any of my health conditions. I take full accountability for choosing to rant but more often I choose to walk away.

So I would echo the advice that many here have given....on any given day if your "condition" is making you "easily upset, agitated, etc", do yourself a favor...be a responsible adult and stay away from public forums. Come back when you are feeling better.
Well I can accept and respect the viewpoint of another without having to agree to or understand or even like it. What's so hard about that? And to answer your question...it's something called mutual respect.

How do you know that I have a perfectly common thyroid condition? Obviously if you have that much knowledge you would know that there are different types and some are rare and more difficult to treat. Manageable if I want it to be? I wish I were among the lucky ones who could. Or could tolerate the medication that's needed. I can manage antibodies? Really? Please tell me how? Did you have radiation...twice? A tumor? Nodules? And when my heart rate jumps unexpectedly...I can control this? If I thought you had any clue about this, I would ask you for advice. Actually, I was taking a beta-blocker "as needed" but a cardiologist advised me not to because I could have a heart attack unless I take it everyday. And I can't because of the side effects. You seem be a very narrow-minded person to even assume that I have the same common condition as you and others in your family.

So what else should or shouldn't I do besides stay away from public forums because I have an illness? And should I check with you for your approval to see if I'm well enough to post on a public forum when I'm "feeling better"?
Old 12-13-2010, 01:11 AM   #40
brink-

Good God, Pam just shut up. Delete your posts and respect this nice thread that Wes started.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #41
Sundown17

Quote:
<

<Well I can accept and respect the viewpoint of another without having to agree to or understand or even like it.>

Um, I am sorry, but I don't agree that you can. That is what has gotten us into this mess, many, many times.

<What's so hard about that?>

I dunno, you tell me.

<And to answer your question...it's something called mutual respect.>

Er, okay, I asked you not to explain, but since you have, I find it interesting that the "different school of thought" "that many here may not be familiar with" you refer to is something I see and read here every day from just about everyone....mutual respect.

<How do you know that I have a perfectly common thyroid condition?>

Because you told me one night after a concert.

<Obviously if you have that much knowledge you would know that there are different types and some are rare and more difficult to treat.>

I spend my nights when it's not busy in the ICU talking to doctors, some of who are endocrinologists. Needless to say, because of my particular personal and family issues, the thyroid is a popular subject. yes, I know there are different kinds, but you are still dealing with the same organ...the thyroid. It's a pretty one faceted thing. Many things may affect it, it may react in different ways, but the outcome is still the same. It needs to be treated with replacement thyroid hormones.

<Manageable if I want it to be?>

Yes. Stop thinking every little bump in the road is a candidate for Mystery Diagnosis. It's not easy, I know, but if you continue to obssess about it all, it becomes a vicious circle of stress/symptoms/stress, etc.

<I wish I were among the lucky ones who could.>

For so many reasons, I wish you were too.

<Or could tolerate the medication that's needed.>

Just like there are different brands of soap, toothpaste, beer and heck, even guitars, there are different brands of thyroid meds. Your doc should be trying you on different ones til they find one you can tolerate. One kind of T4 is not the same as another. Or maybe you need to add some T3. It made all the difference for me. Each pharmaceutical company puts different fillers in their product. That's usually what people can't tolerate. But sometimes it is the brand. Doc and I found I can't take anything but brand name Synthroid.

<I can manage antibodies? Really? Please tell me how?>

There are some people that will claim that you can manage antibodies with holistic or herbal concoctions or diet. Never tried that route so I can't say if it works. But there is plenty of literature out there if you are interested and want to research it. My experience is that I do better managing the symptoms of antibodies. And with the right medical treatment, your antibodies can disappear. Mine have...well the thyroid ones anyway. Actually I am an autoimmune mess. lol But my thyroid is under control...or I should say my thyroid function...with replacement meds...I don't have a thyroid anymore.

<Did you have radiation...twice?>

No, I didn't. It was an option given to me, but I did the research and as you have pointed out, it doesn't always work the first time and I didn't want to deal with this any longer than I had to. I chose to have a thyroidectomy.

<A tumor?>

No. I had two tumors. Carcinomas previously undetected until the routine post-op pathology.

<Nodules?>

Yes. After my first ultrasound I was told it was a lumpy, bumpy irregular nodular thyroid.

<And when my heart rate jumps unexpectedly...I can control this?>

There are some techniques to slow a benign tachycardia. We have our cardiac patients try them first before whipping out the drugs and paddles. Ask the cardiologist if they recommend them for you.

<If I thought you had any clue about this, I would ask you for advice.>

I would never give anyone medical advice even if asked. I share my experiences and try to assure that it will be alright. And ALWAYS tell people to check with their docs before trying anything that has worked for me.

<Actually, I was taking a beta-blocker "as needed" but a cardiologist advised me not to because I could have a heart attack unless I take it everyday. And I can't because of the side effects.>

If a doc told you to take it "as needed", he/she is a bozo...a dangerous one. The cardiologist is right. Unfortunately most meds have side effects. You just have to decide which is more tolerable/safe. The symptom or the side effect.

<You seem be a very narrow-minded person to even assume that I have the same common condition as you and others in your family.>

I do not have the same condition as my family members and I didn't assume you have it either. As I said, you told me about it yourself. I am part of a newsgroup for thyroid illness and you'd be surprised how many of us are on the same meds and experience the same symptoms even though we have the full gambit of thyroid illnesses. If you would like, I can give you the link. But like a lot of public forums, this one was invaded by trolls and people with agendas but no manners. Sadly most of the knowledgeable nice people have left it. But you could read the post history.

<So what else should or shouldn't I do besides stay away from public forums because I have an illness?>

I didn't say to stay away because you have an illness. Goodness, if that was the case, how many of us would be here? lol But because you seem to feel bad and blame your "condition" for some of your less than respectful postings, I was merely suggesting to perhaps not post on days you are not feeling yourself instead of putting yourself through this time and time again. It must be exhausting.

<And should I check with you for your approval to see if I'm well enough to post on a public forum when I'm "feeling better"?

If you want to.
Apologies to Wes.
Sundown17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #42
podunklander

Diane...and to your other fucking swampass, manipulative, meddling, bully, busy body, nosy bullying friends ...and you know who you are because you have your heads so far up your asses that you should be able to see how ugly you are...obviously want to read my shit or you would be blocking my posts. fucking assholes

And to the person here who had a hell of a lot of nerve to start emailing my employer behind my back awhile ago...FUCK YOU too
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #43
Cathy

I honestly don't remember giving you an ocean scene. Do you have a picture of it you could send me? It must be stored in the damaged part of my brain or something.

Cathy
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #44
charlene

12-13-2010, 07:04 AM #42
podunklander

Diane...and to your other fucking swampass, manipulative, meddling, bully, busy body, nosy bullying friends ...and you know who you are because you have your heads so far up your asses that you should be able to see how ugly you are...obviously want to read my shit or you would be blocking my posts. fucking assholes

And to the person here who had a hell of a lot of nerve to start emailing my employer behind my back awhile ago...FUCK YOU too .

Pam - you just don't get it do you? You CAN'T accept anything that is contrary to your thinking!
And you then attack and denigrate people and take this forum to the gutter everytime you do. YOU do it..no one else. You.
Own it.

Your physical health problems are not the reason for your ignorance and rudeness. Don't play that card. I too have the same health issues as you and take the same medicine and have for 16 years. Whether you have nodules or tumours or pimples on your arse it doesn't matter!!

A physical health issue is no excuse for a lack of civility...although you want to use it as one.

What you perceive in my postings is your problem and yours alone and much of that perception is a load of b..l s..t.
I am NOT, nor is anyone here responsible for YOUR mental health issues that cause such havoc on your emotions. If there is such a problem then get help for it and stop using it as an excuse. As others have suggested as well - just stay away from here if you know you're going to post this crap. We don't want to read it.

Toby Keith calls himself a redneck and if you read that gawd damned post you'd see that the reporter (like so many others) called him that. I don't care enuf about Toby Keith to call him any name.

Your jumping to wrong conclusions to my postings that you then turn into supposed insults to Arizona, all of the U.S., music reviewers, Toby Keith and your father are beyond the realm of believability. It makes people wonder about your sanity.

If you are aware of this problem then stay away from here with your rantings. Nobody wants to put up with it anymore. You ask for respect...well you know what? - your crap over the last few days doesn't get you any. It gets you nothing but contempt from everyone I have heard from...new members and old alike. The suggestions that your membership be deleted are numerous.

And I certainly don't care enuf about you and your mind games to put up with your pleadings, apologies and then stupid egocentric excuses for what is disgusting and uncalled for behaviour and disrespectful words. Your grandiose private apology of last week went unanswered by me. I guess I was right in believing it was as disingenuous as I first thought because it was all about YOU!!.
Because here we are again! More crap from you!

I however do care about the others who come here and try to enjoy themselves so won't say what I really want to in the way I would like to. It would get this whole site thrown off the internet.

Get over yourself Pam. It is NOT all about you...like you say that it is about me.
I think it's been made abundantly clear which is which. Put your ego away.

Let me clear some things up for you right now...and don't bother replying. I mean it..don't reply to me here or in a p.m. or an e-mail. Don't. You have had your say. You are done. If that makes me a SNOB as you have called me then so be it. Tracking down old posts at the Newsgroup to "see who the hell I am" so you can use 'nothing' as ammuniotion in your little word war is just weird. And creepy. I am a busy body...this crap from you would keep a dead person busy. I am not a "glorified stalker" or a "creep" either. I have no need to offer an apology to you for offending yuo and the memory of your father..omigawd are you kidding? THAT is just crazy that you have taken MY thoughts about MY heroes and made it all about YOU...and your father! YOUR thoughts are better than mine? More important? To you!..Great!!! The difference being I didn't rip you a new arsehole because yours are different. And I never have done so with anyone at anytime. You are so wrong in your belief that "I have to know anything and everything."

I'll clear up a few other things for you: I contacted your 'employer' Liona Boyd 2 years ago for a quote from her for Lightfoot's 70th. I was helping out with the site at canoe.ca and the Toronto Sun. It had NOTHING to do with you! Again, it's NOT about YOU!!!! I can contact her if I want. Because YOU worked for her that's not allowed? Wow - over inflate your own importance much?
I also contacted Ron Sexsmith, Ronnie Hawkins and several other people...Was that about YOU too? Get over it. Liona and I have had a lovely two years of correspondence since then. We don’t discuss you at all. I will ask her if she has, like you say, passed on all of my e-mails to you.

I can subscribe to any youtube channel I want. If a child of Lightfoot’s wants to post public videos it’s perfectly acceptable for any and all people to subscribe to her channel.. It's not stalking as you call it. But because it’s ME then it’s stalking? Aren't YOU stalking me now??? Checking what I do online??? my my my.
I have also gone through Rosedale and the Bridle Path with several people over the years. We've had a lot of fun doing it too! In the rain and winter storms, summer, fall...lots of fun...Funnier even more when we asked some people a block away from his former home one time where Gordon Lightfoot lived and they didn't know who he was! Now that alone was worth the tour through Rosedale!They are both huge tourist attractions in Toronto regardless of who lives there. It’s not stalking either as you claim I do.
I never BOASTED as you say,about going to the Lightfoot home for Hallowe’en with my two young kids at least 15 years ago. I told a story of an incident that happened and was relevant to the fact the this is a LIGHTFOOT website where fans tell their stories!!!.

Good gawd almighty.

You have shown yourself to be who you are. Deal with it.
We ALL have seen who you are from what I've read here at CORFID and in private correspondence from many, many members.

I did not say anything about any subject or anyone to deserve your venomous, hate-filled filled spewings.
I have not said anything like you have said to and about me on this public forum. You have buried yourself....and you have done a damn fine job of it.

Sorry to the rest of you for my oh so UN Canadian attitude but I'm fed up with it.
And YOU Pam.

Go away .. get some help with your issues but just go away.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #45
jj

we can block posts? i request and patiently await a Sir J tutorial

Last edited by jj; 12-13-2010 at 11:15 AM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #46
charlene

Quote:

And to the person here who had a hell of a lot of nerve to start emailing my employer behind my back awhile ago...FUCK YOU too
charming...just charming...
Old 12-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #47
joveski

i learnt something very valuable in this thread - Canadians know how to spell "arse" properly!

... and that Char's a nice lady!.

by the way, does anyone remember who Gordon Lightfoot is?. i thought thats why we're here.
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #48
charlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveski View Post
i learnt something very valuable in this thread - Canadians know how to spell "arse" properly!

... and that Char's a nice lady!.

by the way, does anyone remember who Gordon Lightfoot is?. i thought thats why we're here.
lol! -
we colonials of a certain age here in the hinterland were taught well...
Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #49
TC

Hide the children, this has gotten ugly!
TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #50
charlene

a ban on 'ugly' and its origins is now in effect..

deletions will be happening asap.