banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
egurban

Two years ago I waited at the Aurora, IL box office the first day that tickets were available to the public. Gordon was performing on two back-to-back nights. I got wonderful tickets in the third row for the first night. I heard that the second night had seats reserved for season ticket holders, but that didn't concern or affect me at that time.

Last year I also went to the box office (I live about 20 miles away from Aurora) with full expectations of getting the wonderful seats from the previous year. I was second in line, but got somewhere in about the 23rd row! I was amazed. The guy selling the tickets told me that the good seats were being given to the season ticket holders and had already been distributed.

So now I am up to this year. The tickets for the season ticket holders have just gone on sale. Tickets to the general public will not be on sale for Gordon until early June. My husband and I looked over the schedule. It takes a sale of three concerts to qualify for season ticket status. We are going to sign up for Gordon, one other show we want to see, and one cheapo show (coudn't find anything else worth spending the money on, so we are opting for $10 tickets to something we probably won't attend!) in order to get good seats for Gordon.

Guess this makes me an obsessive fan who needs three seasons to learn!
Wyn
Old 05-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Wyn

Two years ago I waited at the Aurora, IL box office the first day that tickets were available to the public. Gordon was performing on two back-to-back nights. I got wonderful tickets in the third row for the first night. I heard that the second night had seats reserved for season ticket holders, but that didn't concern or affect me at that time.

Last year I also went to the box office (I live about 20 miles away from Aurora) with full expectations of getting the wonderful seats from the previous year. I was second in line, but got somewhere in about the 23rd row! I was amazed. The guy selling the tickets told me that the good seats were being given to the season ticket holders and had already been distributed.

So now I am up to this year. The tickets for the season ticket holders have just gone on sale. Tickets to the general public will not be on sale for Gordon until early June. My husband and I looked over the schedule. It takes a sale of three concerts to qualify for season ticket status. We are going to sign up for Gordon, one other show we want to see, and one cheapo show (coudn't find anything else worth spending the money on, so we are opting for $10 tickets to something we probably won't attend!) in order to get good seats for Gordon.

Guess this makes me an obsessive fan who needs three seasons to learn!
Wyn
Wyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Good for you ! Those season ticket clubs are a double edged sword to be sure - but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, LOL.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
seafarer62

This problem happened to me when I tried to get tickets to the Sept. 19, 2006 concert in Wausau, Wisconsin.

I had called several months before inquiring about tickets. They informed me that season ticket holders get first crack. I thought about buying a season ticket I would never use for $100 or so just to gain access to the Lightfoot tickets before the general public. But they assured me that they had never sold out a concert with just season ticket holders. They recommended calling the first week of public sales to buy my tickets.

Later, tickets went on sale to the general public at 10:00 a.m. one day. I called during my lunch hour the very first day and the damn thing was sold out !! In fact I was already #35 on the waiting list. She apologized profusely and couldn't explain the unexpected demand.

I did so for her: This guy is a legend and won't be doing this forever. After his 2002 illness and near death, people are recognizing that even having him on stage today is a gift.

I called a few days before the concert and I had advanced to #28 on the waiting list.

After that, I never fart around or delay on getting my Lightfoot tickets.

John/ Forest Lake, MN
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #5
Titan

Hello Everyone !!! I just wanted everyone to know that I am still a huge Gordon Lightfoot fan and just have not posted in a couple years. Perhaps nobody even remembers me. I had a little trouble logging on because I had forgotten my password and I had changed my e-mail address!!!! You can only imagine the password guessing games that took me at least 60 attempts before I guessed right!!! It felt a little like winning the lottery!!! Well, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing fine and am raising my kids to be GL fans!! Well enough of that. Thanks for reading.

Everyone's Friend
titan
Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 AM   #6
Auburn Annie

Welcome back titan!
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 AM   #7
Auburn Annie

Welcome back titan!
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
Tyler

Quote:
Originally posted by titan:
Hello Everyone !!! I just wanted everyone to know that I am still a huge Gordon Lightfoot fan and just have not posted in a couple years. Perhaps nobody even remembers me. I had a little trouble logging on because I had forgotten my password and I had changed my e-mail address!!!! You can only imagine the password guessing games that took me at least 60 attempts before I guessed right!!! It felt a little like winning the lottery!!! Well, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing fine and am raising my kids to be GL fans!! Well enough of that. Thanks for reading.

Everyone's Friend
titan
Us "oldtimers" remember you Titan, great to see you back again. Not many of us "oldies" here anymore, you may not recognize many.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
brink

Quote:
Originally posted by titan:

Everyone's Friend
titan
Us "oldtimers" remember you Titan, great to see you back again. Not many of us "oldies" here anymore, you may not recognize many.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #10
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Sure we remember you Titan, welcome back ! And good job on that password thing. I know that we IT types tell you never to write down your password but thats bad advice. Write 'em down, LOL.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:04 AM   #11
Jesse Joe

Hi Titan, first time posting with you. Really like your signature on your post.

Everyone's Friend
Titan

I hope I can be yours,

~Jesse~
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:04 AM   #12
Jesse Joe

Hi Titan, first time posting with you. Really like your signature on your post.

Everyone's Friend
Titan

I hope I can be yours,

~Jesse~
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
Titan

I am so happy that some of you "oldtimers" remember me. It's really amazing how fast time goes by. I may not post alot but I enjoy getting caught up on any Lightfoot related news.