banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
Borderstone

Default A Prayer For Robin Gibb

I was just over at the IMDB site and saw the
story that stated Robin Gibb has fallen into a coma.

If you liked ,loved and listened to The Bee Gees in the 1960s & 1970s and even after their hey-day,please join me in either giving your prayers or thoughts for the 62 year old muscian,singer,entertainer.

I pray he recovers but that can only be decided in another world.

Here's a brief part of the story :

Bee Gees star Robin Gibb is believed in to a coma and gravely ill after contracting pneumonia, reports the Associated Foreign Press.

The 62-year-old singer and musician had recently seemed to have made a recovery after being diagnosed with colon and liver cancer. A spokesperson for the star said, "On Sunday 25 March, Robin Gibb underwent further intestinal surgery.” However, it is reported that things have taken a turn.

Gibb's wife Dwina, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, and sons Spencer and Robin-John are at his bedside in a private hospital in Chelsea, West London.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
joveski

Default Re: A Prayer For Robin Gibb

i heard from another site that he's only got days live...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...ly-near-death/
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
Patti

nice article with photos.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...t-to-live.html
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

It looks like he's going to make it, at least for a while longer. Amazing!

Cathy
Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
timetraveler

The early Bee Gee's tunes were some of THE best story songs that I had ever heard when I was a kid. That, of course, was way before Saturday Night Fever & disco hit the airwaves. Even when they seemed to have pretty much "retired" from the music scene, they were still doing marvelous material either with or for other artists. The funny thing about the whole thing is that my mum was rather fond of Maurice Gibb. She thought that he had a really wild sense of humour. I just hope that Robin comes out of it & gets on the mend soon.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
Borderstone

It's very true that when it seemed like the Bee Gees were "down for the count" they'd come right back again.

After their ATCO sound and hits started to wear thin (and when they almost broke up in that period) they came back in 1975 with "Jive Talkin" and other hits & won a whole new legion of fans and possibly,some original fans returned.

#1 in Sept. 1976 with "You Should Be Dancing" (which I feel Is their signature hit),then along came Saturday Night Fever & after that the "Spirtis having Flown" LP which took them to "Pop Icon" status. Altogether,8 #1's in just five years,9 all together.

Then,almost as if timed that way,the 80s started and their popularity sank terribly. Their 1981 album "Living Eyes" gave them only one hit "He's A Lair" and the title track did not make the top 40.

They rebounded slightly in 1983 with the "Stayin' Alive" soundtrack which only gave them the top 25 hit "The Woman In You". The second single tanked. They took a much needed break after that with Barry & Robin having 1 solo hit apiece in 1984. Barry did better producing other acts & getting them hits.

In 1987,they tird a new album with a (very good) single called "You Win Again". A big hit in the UK but a flop here. "E.S.P" did even worse. Seemed like it was over but in 1989 the vaulted back to the top 10 with "One". (Which many thnk was the start of the 70s revival).

2 albums but no hits in the early 90s but they kept recording. The even appeared on a 1994 TV music special with 70s music as the theme. Finally,in 1997,they did it one more time. the "Still Waters" album gave them their final top 40 hit "Alone".

At first it quickly went up the chart,but once it reached #28 it just sat there and fell out again. The title track did not make the top 40 but since by this time the Bee Gees (Group) had 30 hits,it was no longer important to have hits.

Their live album did well that year too and later,right after the start of the 21st century,they had the final album "This Is Where I Came In". Quite a prophetic title,as Maurice lost his life some months later.