banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
gordon

Hi all.

My father is a huge fan of GL, and wants to write him a short letter, and maybe even ask for an autographed 8x10 glossy or something.

I suggested that once he knows the correct address, be it GL's agent, mgr., personal office, or whatever, he makes sure to enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope, big enough for a glossy photo, along with his letter. Other than that, I'm not sure what's standard or expected for this kind of request.

So does anyone have any advice? Or a possible mailing address? Thanks in advance.

I flew my father here to Toronto so he could see one of the Massey Hall gigs (the final show, April 21). He was delighted with the show. He had hoped maybe to see GL afterwards, and possibly even get his Songbook boxed set autographed. After asking around a bit, were advised to wait by a side entrance of the bldg., where GL would eventually emerge. But in the meantime he would be partying inside with family for about an hour. As he mentioned on stage, many of his family members were gathered there to celebrate his return to the stage. (Yes, I realise that all this stuff is probably not news for many of the Torontonians on here, and was discussed to death at the time.) There were, I dunno, 20-25 people hanging around outside, with the same idea as us. A gentleman from the Hall, who was standing inside the doorway, explained to some of us that GL would be driving himself home, and then even pointed out GL's own car, parked right there!

I noticed there were a few, shall we say, strange characters waiting around, notably what seemed to be a mother-and-son duo who seemed 'not quite all there.' As well as some shifty looking fellow who tried to rip us off by offering to sell us what he claimed was a "backstage pass."

Rather than wait outside in the cold all that time, we decamped, along with some other family members, to the nearby Fran's location for some junk food. I popped my head out couple of times over the next while to see if GL had emerged; by the 2nd time everyone had dispersed.

So dad was disappointed that he didn't get the chance to meet GL, even though he knew it was probably a long shot.

Long story short: my dad and I would appreciate any advice you can offer. Cheers!
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Minstrel of the Dusk

Hi all.

My father is a huge fan of GL, and wants to write him a short letter, and maybe even ask for an autographed 8x10 glossy or something.

I suggested that once he knows the correct address, be it GL's agent, mgr., personal office, or whatever, he makes sure to enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope, big enough for a glossy photo, along with his letter. Other than that, I'm not sure what's standard or expected for this kind of request.

So does anyone have any advice? Or a possible mailing address? Thanks in advance.

I flew my father here to Toronto so he could see one of the Massey Hall gigs (the final show, April 21). He was delighted with the show. He had hoped maybe to see GL afterwards, and possibly even get his Songbook boxed set autographed. After asking around a bit, were advised to wait by a side entrance of the bldg., where GL would eventually emerge. But in the meantime he would be partying inside with family for about an hour. As he mentioned on stage, many of his family members were gathered there to celebrate his return to the stage. (Yes, I realise that all this stuff is probably not news for many of the Torontonians on here, and was discussed to death at the time.) There were, I dunno, 20-25 people hanging around outside, with the same idea as us. A gentleman from the Hall, who was standing inside the doorway, explained to some of us that GL would be driving himself home, and then even pointed out GL's own car, parked right there!

I noticed there were a few, shall we say, strange characters waiting around, notably what seemed to be a mother-and-son duo who seemed 'not quite all there.' As well as some shifty looking fellow who tried to rip us off by offering to sell us what he claimed was a "backstage pass."

Rather than wait outside in the cold all that time, we decamped, along with some other family members, to the nearby Fran's location for some junk food. I popped my head out couple of times over the next while to see if GL had emerged; by the 2nd time everyone had dispersed.

So dad was disappointed that he didn't get the chance to meet GL, even though he knew it was probably a long shot.

Long story short: my dad and I would appreciate any advice you can offer. Cheers!
Minstrel of the Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #3
Tyler

Early Morning Productions, Inc.
1365 Yonge St.
Suite 207
Toronto, ON
Canada M4T 2P7

you could call Annie at EMP and check with her about getting a picture sent out but I think you have to send something in and he will sign it and send it back - best to check with Annie if you can. Maybe you can get the box set signed if you send your address with it. Tell your Dad not to dispair I don't think anyone got an autograph that night.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
brink

Early Morning Productions, Inc.
1365 Yonge St.
Suite 207
Toronto, ON
Canada M4T 2P7

you could call Annie at EMP and check with her about getting a picture sent out but I think you have to send something in and he will sign it and send it back - best to check with Annie if you can. Maybe you can get the box set signed if you send your address with it. Tell your Dad not to dispair I don't think anyone got an autograph that night.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #5
charlene

I've sent the Harmony booklet to the office in a S.A.S.E. and he's signed it and sent it back.
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #6
charlene

I've sent the Harmony booklet to the office in a S.A.S.E. and he's signed it and sent it back.
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
Borderstone

I've written to Mr. Lightfoot but never got a written reply. However,I met him after my first concert and got his autograph. Along with Brink sending me a concert "leaflet" that I sent her and she had gotten him to sign it!

I also sent him a birthday card in 2003 and I signed everbody's line name (that posted here the most of course). You're best bet is,attend a show and wait outside after for a "meet & greet".