banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 06-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
charlene

Default Endless Wire

new show called The Listener is shot in TOronto-lots of familiar places to folks who have been here. One scene had "Endless Wire" album sitting on a chair...

also a Tim Horton's cofee shout out with the main character asking for a 'double double'..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
jj

Default Re: Endless Wire

maybe we need a Lightfoot (Item, Music or Gord himself) Spottings forum

wasnt double double an expression even before Tims came along...or did truckers in the pre-60s used to ask for the 2 wads of cream and 2 heaps of sugar in sentence form

anecdote...i like one sugar and just enough cream to make the coffee non-black...i call that a half cream

anyhow, once i went through a drive through and asked for the half cream (she asked me to repeat my request)...after driving away i opened the lid to check why the coffee tasted to weak...it was almost all WHITE....she had filled HALF THE CUP the cup with cream, lol (is that a quintuple single)

anyhow, it ruined the coffee but i took it home and had enough cream for my coffee for the next 2 weeks...i guess when i ordered the gal must have been thinking, i wonder what shape this guys arteries are in
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
charlene

sounds like a 'half-latte' to me ..
lol
Old 06-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
mandoann

thanks for the word about this show!

Apparently the first show in the US was last night (NBC - 10pm). Sorry I missed it!

Was the EW album in the first show?

- if you meet him you will be/ the victim of his minstrelsy/ he'll sing for you a song

"You could wrap me around your finger"
mandoann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
charlene

yep - first show..
Old 06-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #6
Borderstone

If this "Listner" turns out to be a Lightfoot fan in his character,I may just tune in.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
formerlylavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
maybe we need a Lightfoot (Item, Music or Gord himself) Spottings forum

wasnt double double an expression even before Tims came along...or did truckers in the pre-60s used to ask for the 2 wads of cream and 2 heaps of sugar in sentence form

anecdote...i like one sugar and just enough cream to make the coffee non-black...i call that a half cream

anyhow, once i went through a drive through and asked for the half cream (she asked me to repeat my request)...after driving away i opened the lid to check why the coffee tasted to weak...it was almost all WHITE....she had filled HALF THE CUP the cup with cream, lol (is that a quintuple single)

anyhow, it ruined the coffee but i took it home and had enough cream for my coffee for the next 2 weeks...i guess when i ordered the gal must have been thinking, i wonder what shape this guys arteries are in

Too funny, jj. I hate when that happens and you're driving away, and the coffee is so weak! I like mine with cream, enough to color it, not white! My aunt, age 90, who used to drink her coffee with a little bit of cream, now drinks milk with a little bit of coffee because her stomach can't handle the coffee anymore. She said she misses it. Anyway your post reminded me of her.
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
charlene

the album was in the apartment of someone other than the main character..altho i'm sure he is a Lightfoot fan too..
lol
Old 06-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #9
Patti

That show was really good. I watched most of it. Just turned the channel for a few minutes to check out the weather to see if we were getting another frost advisory.
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
mandoann

Saw it on the NBC website! What fun! ("Where's Gord?"). It started just a little before 17:30 into the show. Wish it were the main character's home!

I only watched up to that point, but it seems like a good show. On tonight @ 10pm PDT.

Thanks for the heads up!

- if you meet him you will be/ the victim of his minstrelsy/ he'll sing for you a song

"You could wrap me around your finger"
mandoann is offline   Reply With Quote