banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 01-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #26
Kerstin

Default Re: Besides where you are,what state or country would you like to live in?

Hi Jesse Joe,

all Lightheads are welcome to come and stay anytime! Luckyly Dame Rose is going to do the cooking as I'm the queen of the microwave dinners. Just don't eat any of my chickens! They'll probably all have names after two days of living over there.
Kerstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #27
Jesse Joe

Default Re: Besides where you are,what state or country would you like to live in?

{lol} Your quite funny Kerstin. Animal lover indeed as I am. I dont eat to much meat myself, and I admire you for being vegetarian. As far as my favourite food Dame Rose, I really dont think I have one. Your the cook, so you surprise us all.

After we finish eating, I suppose Kerstin will have chores for all of us. {lol} I want to feed the chicken, or drive the tractor.

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 01-09-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #28
Jesse Joe

Jesse Joe taking a bath with the pig.

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 01-09-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #29
Dream Street Rose

Hi Jesse Joe,

I think you are the funny. You are very creative with a great sense of humor. I have seen Kerstin's property in Kentucky. It was already dark outside but I liked what I saw.

Kerstin,

It seems we will need to build a guest house for our friends to have a place to stay in when they visit. Jesse Joe might be our first guest. Maybe you had better warn your neighbors that we are coming.

DSR
Old 01-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #30
Kerstin

Hi Jesse,

that's funny! Love the art work,too. I guess we'll have to get a pig just for you now. (lol)
And of course we'll ake everybody work for their food. That's one way of ensuring people don't stay tooooo long (lol).

Dore,
yes I guess some guest cabins will be necessary, or maybe the barn will do?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #31
Dream Street Rose

Dear Kentucky Kerstin,

Guest cabins sound like the way to go. Who is going to pay for all this? Who will buy all the food I am going to cook? I will be almost broke that is why I have to move to Kentucky. Don't forget, Kathy will be there too. One more thing, what will we name Jesse Joe's pig?

DSR
Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #32
Kerstin

HI Dore,

food we'll grow (vegetables and fruits!) and as for the cabins, maybe the first visitors will have to build their own cabins? How about it Jesse?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #33
Jesse Joe

lol ! You guys are funny. Name the pig "REMO" that's my name spelled backwards. Lets not forget our friend from Phoenix, Borderstone will have what job on your farm ? I vote for him taking care of REMO... All for fun 'B'

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 01-09-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #34
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

OK I'll bite. I agree with Jesse Joe. I'd like to retire to Hawaii - we almost bought a condo there and that's how we ended up in Maryland ? Long story - ask me when you see me at a concert in 2008. But it's paradise and they speak a lot of English and they drive on the proper side of the road. So it's a total package. Fairly high cost of living though.

I'd also agree with my other friend Borderstone - I wouldn't mind having a place in Norway. Never been there and I would never give up my US citizenship but a little cottage with a good sound system would be sweet. I have two or three drops of Norwegian blood...

Barring those we'd like to retire to Ocean City , Maryland which is about a half hour from here. We spend a lot of time there every summer and it's also lovely - not quite Hawaii and the sun comes up out of the ocean instead of setting into it but it's got it's own charm.

Interesting question...

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #35
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
Kentucky is my favourite state. We bought a piece of land there a while ago and I would like to get into farming one of these days.
Where in Kentucky ? We have fairly close relatives in Ft. Thomas, which is running distance from Cincinnati, that we visit from time to time. (or swimmimg distance)

And we used to keep a few goats so we can help out there. (mainly had them to keep the horse company but then they grow on you)

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #36
Kerstin

Hi BillW,

the place in KY is close to Rosine, "the Birthplace of BlueGrass music", which is about 20 minutes fromOwensboro and in the middle of nowhere, so to speak.
You had goat? That's great I always wanted some. Do you still have the horse? My horses and the donkey will be moving to KY also.....

Jesse,
isn't Remo a brand name for drum heads,too. At least they make banjo heads, I think. Now you're making "B" take care of the pig? I got it just for you
Old 01-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #37
Dream Street Rose

Never fear Jesse Joe my dear. I would not think of going to Kentucky without Borderstone. He is a very remarkable person. Should Borderstone and Mariah hook up I am sure he will come and visit us. If B is not with Mariah or someother lucky woman he might plant my garden for me because Ken (my husband), will be too old.

By the way, I love the name Remo.

DSR
Old 01-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #38
Jesse Joe

Now you're making "B" take care of the pig? I got it just for you

lol ! That's me Kerstin, but remember I want to drive the tractor...

DSR, I hope Borderstone brings Mariah Carey to the Kentucky farm. Because she's easy on the eye. I can just picture her in a straw hat milking the cows. lol ! There's got to be a cow right ?

Yes Kerstin "Remo" is a brand name that I have seen on Drum Set.

Bill W we share the same paradise. Hawaii ! ! !
Old 01-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #39
Jesse Joe

Here's your pig Kerstin !

Old 01-10-2008, 03:06 AM   #40
Kerstin

Hi Jesse,
thanks for the pig. Sure is a talented dancer! (lol)
Old 01-10-2008, 03:08 AM   #41
Dream Street Rose

Hi Jesse Joe,

Nemo seem to be dancing a jig. Will you please send me a small Kentucky race horse. Looks like Kentucky is where I will be squatting.

DSR
Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #42
Jesse Joe

Now DSR dont confuse the pig, his name is REMO not Nemo. And yes it does look like a jig.

In the meantime we are looking for your horse...

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 01-10-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #43
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

The last place I want to live is where I am (Denver area). Well, okay, it isn't the last but it sure isn't my choice. Happily, I'll be moving back to Saratoga Springs, NY, full time later this year.That is probably where I will retire. But I'd love to have a little home in Chantilly, France, too ...

PS: And, when I win the lottery, I'll get myself a couple of thoroughbred race horses too. Lot's of places to board them near Saratoga.

Last edited by vlmagee; 01-10-2008 at 10:20 AM.
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 AM   #44
Don Quixote

I've been a New Englander all of my life, and I've always hated the winter and snow. It was around 62 degrees here yesterday, and that seems just about right to me for January!I wouldn't mind retiring in a place like Oaxaca, Mexico, in one of the little towns outside of the city. The climate is great, the people are nice, the cost of living much less, and there are lots of archeological sites and museums, both large and small, to explore.
DQ
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #45
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Well I am not too sure what the subject of this thread is aiming at but for what it is worth I have to say that one cannot have everything anywhere I guess so except for naturally missing my beautiful hometown of Sherborne Dorset England,
[img]http://users.ox.ac.uk/~peter/workhouse/Sherborne/Sherborne1.jpg[/img
One of my favourite Pubs "The Digby Tap" which I have just discovered is on the site of what was once the Sherborne Workhouse
I will be content to live amongst the strip malls of New Jersey the nearby route 22 stretch claims to be the world's largest outside mall
But of the places I have visited. I''d be quite happy to live in the Land of Enchantment New Mexico
Santa Fe would be just fine thanks

The Palace Of Th Governors
or for a prolonged stay the Ellis Beach Oceonfront Bungalows near Cairns in Queensland will take some beating

A full panoramic picture should load up at:-
http://www.ellisbeachbungalows.com/v...bungalow-3.php
especially since only a kilometres south in "Cans" is the Raw Prawn Restaurant right on the Esplanade with a fine "me and you" that includes one of the most delectable meals I have ever consumed:-

And for an individual house I was most impressed by the House On Rock in Wisconsin

i could not find a picture emphasizing how this fantastic house sits on top of a high rock
I could say that that would suit me down to the ground but I wont!!

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #46
Jesse Joe

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiUYio...eh60/P-070.jpg

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 01-10-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #47
Jesse Joe

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiUYio...eh60/P-070.jpg
Old 01-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #48
Kerstin

Hi Jesse,

where is that? Looks Japanese. Interesting for sure.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #49
Jesse Joe

I think it's what John was looking for. I do believe it was in Wisconsin. Will go check it again.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #50
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joe View Post
[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiUYioZHKSIACR2jzbkF/SIG=11r3v3uv7/EXP=1200085912/**http%3A//galenfrysinger.us/eh60/P-070.jpg[/img]
you what?? Omer
TIP it is nigh on impossible I have repeatedly found to link to an image on any stoopid Yahoo site their URLs are tortuous to say the least as you just found out. try copying the link, URL into the box at http://www,nlotlopng give it a snappy name like galenfry.notlong.com and try using that.Works for me
Whatever you broke one of my golden rules for displaying pictures here because had you bothered to preview your proposed posting you should then have seen that it was not going to function
Just trying to help young man

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote