banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
podunklander

Default Richmond concert photos

Thought I'd post a new thread for these and here's the story (part 1)!!!

It actually starts in the early or mid 70's!!! My aunt and uncle (just had their 1st of 4 children) were visiting our home in Massachusetts for a week from Wisconsin. During their stay -several other relatives came by to visit...including a cousin (a year younger than I)from Connecticut. Her and I got along really well and our aunt and uncle from WI invited us to visit that summer...which included going to the Wisconsin State Fair to see Gordon Lightfoot!!!

We were 13 and 14...or 14 and 15 at the time so this was sometime between 1975 and 1977. When talking to Barry after this past concert -I asked him what year he joined the band (1976) and he remembered performing at the Wisconsin State Fair!! Not sure if they performed there more than once -and if this had been the same year my cousin and I were to go, or not.

Last edited by podunklander; 05-29-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
jj

Default Re: Richmond concert photos

those are 3 great smiles in that fresh pic, pam....ok, while manny may, gord will never have to worry about manboobs

goodluck to your son, the visits will be all the sweeeter

ahh, civil war museums....i did a reinactment video last year that was really eye opening...up til then the only thing i knew, other than from GWTW, was from reading my 1961 civil war news collector cards...an old neighbour gave them to me when i was 4, along with some other topps sports cards (some valuable clemente ones in mint cond) when he was moving and fortunately purging his childhood 'junk'...anyhow, this isn't a total digression...years ago my neice was collecting "music artist/band" cards or some sort when the whole industry got out of hand...were there any folk/pop card sets that had a Gord card in there?....if so, does he have a rookie card?

btw, i call 8 hours a LONG haul...no wonder you back is fried!
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
New 12 String Mike

Wow! I wish we all could have connected Wednesday night. While I've been with this group for years, I haven't had the chance to meet anyone.

We Virginians take our history very seriously. (How many Virginians does it take to change a light bulb? Four. One to change the bulb and the others to remember how good the old one was!) See?

Thanks for sharing the story and the photos.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
Moosedog

Great recap, Pam - and fantastic pictures!
Moosedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post
Great recap, Pam - and fantastic pictures!
Thanks Vickie!!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
formerlylavender

Thanks for the review, Podunklander. Glad you got a picture with Barry - I thought he was so nice when we met him. You get a gold star for the eight hour ride! True Gord fan indeed...
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
New 12 String Mike

Pam,

Born and bread here. Family goes back to 1621 when first came from England. Grew up in Roanoke, where Bill caught the show Friday night. I now live on the eastern coast. I went to college in New Orleans and bounced around a bit, but the roots are deep. (When I sing Hi'Way Songs, I switch "Canadian Sky" to "Virginian Sky." Then I change North to South and end it with "singing all those Lightfoot Songs.")

Should be a good chance to learn more about the "War of Nawthun Agresshun" coming up soon as the 150th anniversary starts in 2011. Lots of stuff being planned in the state.

Cheers,
Old 05-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Photos what photos?Pam did you delete them??

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
SherylKat

Hi, Podunklander! So glad you could share your pics of Richmond - that way I don't have to - LOL However, I coudn't access your pics (I guess I'm not the ony one!

Still trying to get hold of Kevin, if you hear from him, I'd really appreciate you telling him to please e-mail me on corfid if you remember. Thanks!

SherylKat
Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylKat View Post
Hi, Podunklander! So glad you could share your pics of Richmond - that way I don't have to - LOL However, I coudn't access your pics (I guess I'm not the ony one!
SherylKat
Me neither but they were originaly there because I saved three of Gord on stage for other uses but one is highly corrupted for some reason
Perhaps Pam could reattach the set to another reply here (always providing that she can remember which ones she originally attached that is!)
Better still Pam ulpoad them for free to
http://www.imageshack.us
get the resulrting web address then place them in the middler of some fulsome text in explanation i.e captions, just use the second icon from the right in the menu above the text box

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 05-26-2009 at 08:06 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote