banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-03-2000, 02:47 PM   #26
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by A Painter:
Char,
I would also love a copy, but like Silver Heels I am also in the UK. If that's ok with you, please let me know the cost.

hi Painter - I'm back. I'll be in touch soon.
But for now - can we play US tapes on our videos or will we have to get them converted to UK lineage? I think Val told me once that we could. Anyhow, I'll do whatever is required. Can't wait to watch The Man in action again.

Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 03:25 PM   #27
Wingdrops

Char-

I'd love a copy too. I'd suggest that you not do it all yourself but get a price from a local outfit that copies such tapes on premium equipment, make a batch and then let someone else take over responding to these requests. It could turn into quite a project.

After I get a good copy, I'd be happy to respond to the next five or ten requests (to give you a break, Char) and then pass the task onto the next volunteer. If I works for chain letters, it should work for GL tapes.

I can also check into copying it for UK format. Maybe some of my Brit friends know how to do it.

I'm in North Jersey, so you Nutmeggers are not too distant. Maybe we'll run into each other at Town Hall.

Speaking of videos, the Songbook booklet makes reference to several GL music videos. Does anyone have a copy of any of those? That sounds like a new topic, so I think I'll start one.

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by." - SDYS
Wingdrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 03:25 PM   #28
2Much2Lose

Char-

I'd love a copy too. I'd suggest that you not do it all yourself but get a price from a local outfit that copies such tapes on premium equipment, make a batch and then let someone else take over responding to these requests. It could turn into quite a project.

After I get a good copy, I'd be happy to respond to the next five or ten requests (to give you a break, Char) and then pass the task onto the next volunteer. If I works for chain letters, it should work for GL tapes.

I can also check into copying it for UK format. Maybe some of my Brit friends know how to do it.

I'm in North Jersey, so you Nutmeggers are not too distant. Maybe we'll run into each other at Town Hall.

Speaking of videos, the Songbook booklet makes reference to several GL music videos. Does anyone have a copy of any of those? That sounds like a new topic, so I think I'll start one.

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by." - SDYS
2Much2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 06:27 PM   #29
DJL

Hi Silver Heels,
I think most modern VCR's will play most formats, though mine isn't modern. I don't care too much, I just want to get my hands on that tape then do what I need to do to make it playable. Or perhaps Char could have them copied in PAL format for us - I think I'm being a bit cheeky now!!!

------------------
"some people join the party, and others say goodnight"
DJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 06:27 PM   #30
A Painter

Hi Silver Heels,
I think most modern VCR's will play most formats, though mine isn't modern. I don't care too much, I just want to get my hands on that tape then do what I need to do to make it playable. Or perhaps Char could have them copied in PAL format for us - I think I'm being a bit cheeky now!!!

------------------
"some people join the party, and others say goodnight"
A Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 08:49 PM   #31
Summerside

Charlene, if you can handle one more request, I would love to have the tape. Saw GL for the first time in May in Carlisle,PA. It was just the man and his music, and just a wonderful experience after listening to his music since the 60's. His music starts and ends my day. Let me know the cost and payment will be in the mail. zavacky@acsworld.net
Summerside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 08:49 PM   #32
Margie

Charlene, if you can handle one more request, I would love to have the tape. Saw GL for the first time in May in Carlisle,PA. It was just the man and his music, and just a wonderful experience after listening to his music since the 60's. His music starts and ends my day. Let me know the cost and payment will be in the mail. zavacky@acsworld.net
Margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 09:20 PM   #33
Rose

Char, I know this is asking a lot but how about a copy for me also. Please let us know how much and where we send the money. Thanks so much.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 09:20 PM   #34
sundownbuff

Char, I know this is asking a lot but how about a copy for me also. Please let us know how much and where we send the money. Thanks so much.
sundownbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 11:04 PM   #35
bunny

Hi, hey don't forget the bunny I would love a tape if you can get one thank you.
No problem on buying a tape for you.
Well thanks and bye
njdbunny@aol
Old 07-03-2000, 11:04 PM   #36
bunny

Hi, hey don't forget the bunny I would love a tape if you can get one thank you.
No problem on buying a tape for you.
Well thanks and bye
njdbunny@aol
Old 07-03-2000, 11:11 PM   #37
charlene

so far I have:
MaryAnn
2much2lose
a painter passing through
sundownbuff
Tom,
Margie
Bob
Bill
Silver Heels
Florian - you know you're getting one!
I have a surprise I will add on to the end of the MuchMusic show!
For those who haven't e-mailed me your addresses, please do so.
I shouldn't have any trouble transferring the stuff. I have a video monitor I hook onto the VCR and off she goes!
I don't know about foreign countries - if VCR tapes we have here in North America are usable. You'll have to look into geting them transferred.
I will send them in protective envelopes, so the cost is the VCR tape (I can get good prices), the envelopes and postage. When I post them I will e-mail you each with the dollar value in Canadian funds (stop laughing now!!) We can figure out the exchange at that time!
Labour is free!!!
I don't mind doing it for anyone who asks - I am glad to share any of my Gord stuff with those of you who respect, admire and love him as I do.
Char
2much2lose-If the copies don't turn out good I'll look into your suggestion. I will make each copy off the original one I have and not off each copy down the line etc.
Should be okay I think.
I hope this isn't a problem - I'm not selling them for profit so it should be alright. I am just being re-imbursed for my costs so I hope I don't get my ass hauled off!
LOL

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 11:11 PM   #38
charlene

so far I have:
MaryAnn
2much2lose
a painter passing through
sundownbuff
Tom,
Margie
Bob
Bill
Silver Heels
Florian - you know you're getting one!
I have a surprise I will add on to the end of the MuchMusic show!
For those who haven't e-mailed me your addresses, please do so.
I shouldn't have any trouble transferring the stuff. I have a video monitor I hook onto the VCR and off she goes!
I don't know about foreign countries - if VCR tapes we have here in North America are usable. You'll have to look into geting them transferred.
I will send them in protective envelopes, so the cost is the VCR tape (I can get good prices), the envelopes and postage. When I post them I will e-mail you each with the dollar value in Canadian funds (stop laughing now!!) We can figure out the exchange at that time!
Labour is free!!!
I don't mind doing it for anyone who asks - I am glad to share any of my Gord stuff with those of you who respect, admire and love him as I do.
Char
2much2lose-If the copies don't turn out good I'll look into your suggestion. I will make each copy off the original one I have and not off each copy down the line etc.
Should be okay I think.
I hope this isn't a problem - I'm not selling them for profit so it should be alright. I am just being re-imbursed for my costs so I hope I don't get my ass hauled off!
LOL

Old 07-04-2000, 02:02 AM   #39
~The Gypsy~

What a sight! Charlene being hauled off to the States by Mounties on the 4th--Canada's revenge!! (JK)

"And stateside of the border(sic), custom agents gave her flight..."

About a dozen yrs ago I did volunteer work distributing VCR tapes from Estonia during the Soviet break-up. At that time, only one part of the world used what they call the NTSC video system--naturally, US and Canada. Everyone else in the free and not free world used PAL or SECAM and all you saw was "snow", dirty snow if the tape was not converted. If our friends overseas have "multi-system" VCRs, they should be OK. If not, the tape must be converted and it does lose some quality, commensurate with the lab's equipment and usally price paid. In the late 80s, the price of a single conversion was (for most here) prohibitive, and therefore batch processing (50+ copies) was the only realistic option. As I recall though, it might have been somewhat cheaper in Europe due to the volume of North American video being sold there. Physically, the tape and cassette are exactly the same. It's all in the differant hertz cycles or something--(don't ask, I was told).

You definately have it right though to use only your "master" tape to run copies off of. Each "generation" of copies loses significant quality---no more wrinkles!

Of course I'd like a copy and I think anyone else here will eventually want one too. 2much2lose has a point--unless you have a stack of VCRs, it can be very tedious work and a lab could knock-off 25 NTSC copies probably same day, at reasonable cost. But, they may ask questions...

Char, you're a gem and this "surprise" thing really has me curious -- but think about it!

"Was she drinking champagne when she made up her mind..."

------------------
"Is there someone sewing seams through all my hopes..."

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited July 04, 2000).]
~The Gypsy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2000, 02:02 AM   #40
shipwrecked00

What a sight! Charlene being hauled off to the States by Mounties on the 4th--Canada's revenge!! (JK)

"And stateside of the border(sic), custom agents gave her flight..."

About a dozen yrs ago I did volunteer work distributing VCR tapes from Estonia during the Soviet break-up. At that time, only one part of the world used what they call the NTSC video system--naturally, US and Canada. Everyone else in the free and not free world used PAL or SECAM and all you saw was "snow", dirty snow if the tape was not converted. If our friends overseas have "multi-system" VCRs, they should be OK. If not, the tape must be converted and it does lose some quality, commensurate with the lab's equipment and usally price paid. In the late 80s, the price of a single conversion was (for most here) prohibitive, and therefore batch processing (50+ copies) was the only realistic option. As I recall though, it might have been somewhat cheaper in Europe due to the volume of North American video being sold there. Physically, the tape and cassette are exactly the same. It's all in the differant hertz cycles or something--(don't ask, I was told).

You definately have it right though to use only your "master" tape to run copies off of. Each "generation" of copies loses significant quality---no more wrinkles!

Of course I'd like a copy and I think anyone else here will eventually want one too. 2much2lose has a point--unless you have a stack of VCRs, it can be very tedious work and a lab could knock-off 25 NTSC copies probably same day, at reasonable cost. But, they may ask questions...

Char, you're a gem and this "surprise" thing really has me curious -- but think about it!

"Was she drinking champagne when she made up her mind..."

------------------
"Is there someone sewing seams through all my hopes..."

[This message has been edited by shipwrecked00 (edited July 04, 2000).]
shipwrecked00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2000, 11:30 AM   #41
charlene

My mum and cousin were civilian members of the Mounties for years!! I know several "big-wigs" so I should be safe!!!
I don't think it's a problem cuz I'm not making a profit from the tapes.
Anyways I'm doin it, mounties be damned!! LOL

:0
Char
Old 07-04-2000, 11:30 AM   #42
charlene

My mum and cousin were civilian members of the Mounties for years!! I know several "big-wigs" so I should be safe!!!
I don't think it's a problem cuz I'm not making a profit from the tapes.
Anyways I'm doin it, mounties be damned!! LOL

:0
Char
Old 07-04-2000, 06:05 PM   #43
Summerside

Charlene...new at this! Please advise email address and I will send address for mailing tape. I have been reading these forums for months, but it was the "tape" that made me brave enough to jump in.
Summerside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2000, 06:05 PM   #44
Margie

Charlene...new at this! Please advise email address and I will send address for mailing tape. I have been reading these forums for months, but it was the "tape" that made me brave enough to jump in.
Margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2000, 06:55 PM   #45
charlene

quote:Originally posted by sundownbuff:

send your address to:
westbrd@sprint.ca
Old 07-04-2000, 06:55 PM   #46
charlene

quote:Originally posted by sundownbuff:

send your address to:
westbrd@sprint.ca
Old 07-04-2000, 06:57 PM   #47
charlene

quote:Originally posted by Tom:
Char
I'd be interested in a copy. How many songs did he sing? Today is 1 year anniversary of seeing Gordon @ Meadowbrook(near Detroit), I had orchestra pit seats...his version of "Edmund Fitzgerald" was like listening to the record...note perfect. I wish he was coming around our way again this summer.

Send your address to:
westbrd@sprint.ca

Char

Old 07-04-2000, 06:57 PM   #48
charlene

quote:Originally posted by Tom:
Char
I'd be interested in a copy. How many songs did he sing? Today is 1 year anniversary of seeing Gordon @ Meadowbrook(near Detroit), I had orchestra pit seats...his version of "Edmund Fitzgerald" was like listening to the record...note perfect. I wish he was coming around our way again this summer.

Send your address to:
westbrd@sprint.ca

Char

Old 07-04-2000, 06:59 PM   #49
charlene

quote:Originally posted by Margie:

send your address to:
westbrd@sprint.ca

Char
Old 07-04-2000, 06:59 PM   #50
charlene

quote:Originally posted by Margie:

send your address to:
westbrd@sprint.ca

Char