banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 01-08-2009, 04:03 AM   #1
Dream Street Rose

Default Happy Birthday to spocksbrain

Wishing you a very happy birthday and every other day in your life. Remember to do something special for yourself. Cake and ice cream, maybe??

DSR
Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Peter Bro10

Default Re: Happy Birthday to spocksbrain

Happy Birthday spocksbrain!
and many more....
(but I have to admit, that's one strange username... there's got to be a story there, no offense I hope ha ha)

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
charlene

Happy Birthday!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Auburn Annie

Hey! Happy B'day spocksbrain! You, me and Elvis (and Stephen Hawking and David Bowie and Gordon Ramsey and bunches of other folks - see http://www.brainyhistory.com/daysbir...january_8.html for more.)

It's snowing like a son-of-a-gun today. I always hope for a January thaw on my birthday, and sometimes get it but alas, not to be. I've got about 6 inches to clear out. At least it's the fluffy lake effect stuff. Hope the sun is shining on you for your birthday.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
Patti

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Chris.
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Annie View Post
Hey! Happy B'day spocksbrain! You, me and Elvis...
hey, happy belated to spock and you, annie....your list seemed to skip a year...glaring oversight...all better now, lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corfid.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	2487  
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
charlene

LOL - you're nuts!!!
gawd - 1962..
It seems like yesterday you were just a sassy little whippersnapper James.

Happy belated..don't know how that got by me..it's right on my freakin calendar..
yesterday was Aengus Finnan's birthday - he's 10 years younger than you...
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bro10 View Post
Happy Birthday spocksbrain!
and many more....
(but I have to admit, that's one strange username... there's got to be a story there, no offense I hope ha ha)
Howdy spocksbrain - I quoted Peter Bro's Q re: your name only because I too wished to unobtrusively ask as well, with a maybe likely guess in the process - I thought p-Bro and I would both benefit from learning the origin of your name, and my guess is that it is from the Star Trek's episode called "Spock's Brain" - where aliens...sort of 'borrow' Spock's Brain, essentially as I recall to be the processor 'server' for the aliens domecile and tech outfit of some kind, to run their HVAC and sundry beautifull women robots in short skirt's central brain as well.

It was one one of the most comical, but memorable episodes there was...it might have been high-camp...or a mis-guided attempt at serious science-fiction. A real Treky would know, I am a 'watch it when its on, and I happen to be home , on a lark type. Am I right or am I right ? lol..
My guess that is ..... ?
===========================
Now - the Birthday 'card' to you

As usual for me, mixed with multiple things that are the inevitable flotsam and jetsam of the divergant mind - aka scatter brained lol.... all meant as compliment to you for your special day and beyond, as it is allready !

Happy belated Birthday, spocksbrain ! I hope you had a real good 'you day' or I mean 'me-day' for you ! Actually, over time, and quite a while back, we had some very interesting and benficial exchanges in corfid; I've always found you to be a level-headed thinking man. I recall you telling me some very beneficial things When I did let my medical scene preceed me, despite my stated objective not to do that. I recall you being a gentleman in some difficult exchanges I had with others, and while the memory is fuzzy on that, I do have a clear recollection of the 'reality shot' you so carefully would administer - I'm copywriting that phrase I think I just made up myself lol.... That ....shot.... is like others generally speaking - stings at first, then ultimately benefits you.

I wish to compliment you without sticking my foot in my mouth, because you did help me more than a couple times when I was prone to unwanted conflict with others , not you, but you helped me a couple times back then a ways... in that I now know I brought it on myself back then, and you were diplomatic, but more importantly, you were able to make some comments to me and tangentially about me and others that helped me realize the error in my ways.It was long enough ago that you may not remember at all, in
'07 I believe, but your talk was good 'strong medicine' for me . So I say, Thank You. And again, Happy belated Birthday.

P.S. - Oh - one explanatory note: one of my bad habits I am still working on are the excessive quantity of too-long posts. While I am doing that, I offer a slam-dunk version of 'cliff notes' ...lol by reading just the bold highlighted words. By doing this for readers' reduced eye strain and head-aches, it also serves to remind me that if I only strung the bold words together in readable grammar - I could cut my post length by 3/4 minimum. And believe it or not, it is working. A post like this used to be the equiv of 3 pages long ! have a good one sb OK , and many thanks.