banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
geodeticman.5

Default 1st thread back in the saddle; re: Vistories?

Howdy. Vistories. I knowthey stopped a long time ago, but I maintained PM messaging with two of the four team members for awhile after they stopped, then dropped off maybe two years ago or so. Then, I sent one to Lynn last night after a few years of not inquiring of things Lightfoot in general as well, except somewhat recently in facebook, where Valerie's Lightfoot Fan Club page (as opposed to the one called, evidently, "Gordon Lightfoot") is getting some traction, and some threads are at over a 100 replies). Then today, in Small Talk, in my "Howdy, It's good to be back"-type of post.

Currently, I'm waiting on what hopefully will be a reply from Lynn on any Vistory news, hoping she still frequents corfid. I haven't searched on Lynn's name or other key words yet to see. I was wondering, despite how I recall the team had to stop making Vistories over proprietary legal considerations, if anyone else had heard of any progress or possibilities in any way on these great audio-visual interpretations of theirs? I sure miss them.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
KHester

Default Re: 1st thread back in the saddle; re: Vistories?

They sure put a lot of work and love into them. I have a few of them downloaded, wish I had them all. They were all well done.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Welcome back!

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodeticman.5 View Post
I was wondering, despite how I recall the team had to stop making Vistories over proprietary legal considerations
i think one just needs Gord's or EMP's ok to use any of the published recordings... if they dont give the ok, maybe record a cover version and put to photos, although maybe one needs permission to upload a cover... if so, there are many violations out there

hey thanks for the Gord Facebook page scoop.... i dont know if Wayne of EMP runs it...not that we need more places to browse unless there are scoops there that we dont get at corfid or the lightfoot site...I'll have to check it out further

didnt see any new photos but they did post the series i took of the Lightfoot childhood homestead

https://www.facebook.com/groups/48038261361/photos/
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
charlene

that FB page isn't Wayne's. I try to post info/pics and link to stuff here..lots of 'what song do you like better' polls so I mix it up.llol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
jj

good work... remember rm had those cool song playoffs (fave and least have, as i recall)...hope he's ok...havent seen him around in a fair bit!

hey, the page creator is from Carolina... if you ho to his own page, it's odd that he doesnt list Gord as one of his musical likes
Old 05-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #7
geodeticman.5

There are two facebook Lightfoot pages,though I haven't seen tothe second. Which one do you guys mean is the guy from Carolina? The "Gordon Lightfoot Fan Club" page I think is from Valerie. Easy enough to find out -I'll look in its "about" and ask Valeria both. Yea the Vistories having to stop was a real drag, and a major bummer for Lynn, who lamented their stopping for several PM's. Such good work. And the StoneWall something guy?Anyone here from either, or all 4?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodeticman.5 View Post
There are two facebook Lightfoot pages,though I haven't seen tothe second. Which one do you guys mean is the guy from Carolina? The "Gordon Lightfoot Fan Club" page I think is from Valerie. Easy enough to find out -I'll look in its "about" and ask Valeria both. Yea the Vistories having to stop was a real drag, and a major bummer for Lynn, who lamented their stopping for several PM's. Such good work. And the StoneWall something guy?Anyone here from either, or all 4?

I checked out the groups/pages

The Fan one has about 150 members
The GL one (run by a American fan guy) has over 1,500

I don't know what those stats indicate. Do they generate revenue or just bragging rights?

Either way I couldn't find any scoops or new pics. I'll just keep the www.lightfoot.ca bookmark and this discussion site link for concert reviews and nonsensical chatter from longtime and new members. I suppose you do get to see some fan member Face thumbnails on Facebook. Hence the term...

Oh, I think the vistory folk are fine and most of the longtime pal members you mentioned. John fowles drops by. For many, lurking works when they ave nothing to say or no time (ie. life gets in the way, as you know).
Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLW View Post
Welcome back!

Bill
Thank you Bill