banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
brink-

Since we all know somebody who has had an aneurysm - this information regarding screenings might be of interest to some people. This not covered by insurance, it is an out of pocket expense, but seems to be a pretty good value for the money.

www.lifelinescreening.com
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
talbot10

Quote:
Originally posted by brink-:
Since we all know somebody who has had an aneurysm - this information regarding screenings might be of interest to some people. This not covered by insurance, it is an out of pocket expense, but seems to be a pretty good value for the money.

www.lifelinescreening.com
Thanks Deb! That is tremendous information to have. Appreciate it!
Bill
Old 08-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
Gord H

Up here in Ontario it's covered by OHIP. Since my dad had an AAA I have to have ultrasounds every 5 yrs for the rest of my life. Don't have to pay a thing.
Gord H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

My brother and sisters, and my sons have MRIs every two years. So far, there are no aneurysms. That doesn't mean they can't form at a later date, though.
I met up with an old friend this weekend who told me I was complaining of headaches in the early '80s. I said, "Oh yeah. I remember now! And his name was Gary..." (my ex). We both had a good laugh over that one. But it shocked me to find out I've had severe headaches for 25 years, quite possibly caused by the aneurysm.
Is there a lesson in all of this? Yes. If you have headaches, tell your doctor you want an MRI. Most people aren't as lucky as me, because the survival rate is very low.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
Borderstone

Laura Branigan could have been saved if she had had a screening. It was said she'd complained about headaches for weeks but didn't go to a doctor until it was too late. As most know,she passed away in 2004.

When I have the money,I'll definetley get checked!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
Auburn Annie

Hey, B - check this link to see if you can find affordable health insurance:

http://www.ehealthlink.com/Arizona/

If you wait until you have the money it might be a while. You can put off checking some health problems but others need a look-see right away. In addition to individual and group policies, this site lists short term (up to a year) insurance for those between jobs, just out of college, etc. - Arizona only at this site.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote