banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2005, 06:09 AM   #1
Jap

Let me preface this by saying that this was my FIRST EVER Gordon Lightfoot concert! And it was a magical night...

I got there with my husband, Gabe, and there were at least 100 anxious, excited fans lined up outside waiting to get in. After a few minutes, I had my first thrill when I spotted John & Susan Fowles walking up! It was my first time meeting these lovely and warm people! Once inside, we could see wall-to-wall tables set up, banquet-style, sideways from the stage almost to the back wall, and several rows of chairs all around the dining area for those who bought "standing room only" tickets. Behind us was the upraised "balcony" where more diners sat, and in front, the stage... the place where soon all the magic would happen. The room was half-filled already and abuzz with talk. People were sharing with their neighbors about how long they'd followed Gordon’s music, how many concerts of his they'd been to, and how excited they were to be there. Someone said they were told by management there were 700 of us there! There wasn't a bad seat in the house. On either side of the stage were two large video screens where, later, the concert would be displayed concurrently.

Shortly after 9:15 p.m., an excited murmur ran through the crowd and heads turned toward the stage as Mike Heffernan, Rick Haynes, Barry Keane, and Terry Clements took their places. Mike looked fantastic, Rick's cool new "do" (ponytail) suited him very nicely, Barry looked terrific, and Terry, handsome as ever. We were all applauding and shouting. Not a moment later, Gord sauntered up to the mic, the applause got louder, people were shouting out, and excited shouts and whistles rang out throughout the club. He wore (well-fitting, ladies!!) black pants and a short-sleeved black Hawaiian shirt with tan palm trees, and black suspenders. He smiled at us, then turned around to pick up his guitar. The applause didn't stop, even after the first few bars of the first song, “Never Too Close.” After a moment, we let him play! He sang softly at first, but, you could hear every word. It was like ambrosia to my soul. His sweet voice filled the club and my heart swelled with joy. (I still haven't stopped smiling....). The band was comfortable, relaxed, and, best of all, so was Gord. It was apparent. No first-night nervousness here! Before the song ended, the wild applause started, more whistling, and plenty of shouts. He went right into "Don Quixote," which we heartily approved. His polished guitar and tuners glinted brightly under the lights. I saw reflections of light bounce off his guitar strings. I wondered if he'd "boiled" them to make them so shiny!! (Those of you who don't understand this little inside joke, ask John F. I'm sure he'll bring up the topic thread! Next came "Minstrel of the Dawn." He made eye contact with various people, nodding here and there as people called out. After Minstrel, he said, "I guess you heard I was sick a while back..." and went on to talk about how well he's healed up. "I have my bellybutton back now!" Then he leaned over and in a quiet, confidential tone said, "The doctor said it was hiding!" We all laughed, as did he. It was a pleasure to see him so happy. He was radiant, if you can say that about a man. Then, he began to play "In My Fashion." His voice was clear and strong, even more so than the Live in Reno DVD (filmed back in 2000, before his illness). Now, remember, I have never seen him live before and since October of last year I have been able to acquire all of his albums, thus hearing the gorgeous body of his work for the first time only recently. I have watched Live in Reno over and over, and I treasure it. But, in this live performance tonight, there was a fullness, a richness to his voice that just blew me away, left me palpitating in my seat, and smiling a dreamy smile the entire night. He had lots of fun with the “rap” part and it seemed like he really would have welcomed an answer to his question “Do I look like the kind of guy….” I wanted to laugh out loud! The song ended and Gord said, "I wrote this next song when I was going through some emotional trauma… AGAIN!" (Laughter throughout the room.) "AGAIN!" he repeated, smiling at us, as if joking with old friends. We all smiled and nodded, knowing. Then he went into the sweetest rendition of "Harmony" I have ever heard. I have listened to it many times on the new CD, but, the way he sang it tonight, it was so sweet, yet mournful, I found myself touching my heart. The person in front of me was closing his eyes and swaying in time with the music. Everyone's eyes were on Gord, being there with him. Mike seemed almost introspective, at times closing his eyes, Terry watched Gord. Next, Gord said, "I think you'll like this next ditty." (I think he said the word “ditty!”) And he went on, explaining that the song was about sailing etc. He smiled and then began the (very soft) whistling beginning of "Ghosts of Cape Horn." If he was relaxed at the beginning of the set, he was downright in his element at this point. He owned the stage and he knew it. Everyone's head was bobbing back and forth to this jaunty little tune. Shortly into the song, he turned his head to the right and said, “Faster.” The tempo increased slightly. I believe after this song, as he was introducing his next one, he suddenly said, “What is that sound?” People shouted back, “The air conditioning!” There were cries of “Turn it off!” But, being the consummate professional he is, he leaned closer to the mic and softly said, “We’ll play over it.” Next was "Rainy Day People," which set off a burst of applause and shouts of "Yeahhhh!" (Oh, that was me!) It was a smoooooth performance. " Triangle" came next (my 12-year-old's favorite song of his), which made everyone smile and sway in their seats. I believe at this point, he adjusted his capo (KAY-po -- thanks for explaining that to me, Gord!) if I remember correctly, then he started "Cotton Jenny." (It was either for this song or "Bitter Green" later on that he adjusted it, explaining to us, "This is the only time I do this, folks.") After the song was finished, Gord came up to the mic, looked around at all of us and said, "I used to be a country singer." And then he grinned. We all started to laugh, probably remembering "Country Hoedown." Then Gord said loudly, "I Used To Be A Country Singer!" And we all laughed again, "getting" the joke. He said the song was written by "Even Stevens," joking that they called themselves that because they split everything down the middle. Then he began "I Used to Be a Country Singer," and nailed it. Next came "Sundown," to tumultuous applause. He smiled, as did Terry and Rick, at our excited response. Rick sang some of the chorus as I read he did (last night?) without a mic, and at one time, I saw Terry singing a bit, too. Some people starting clapping in time and I wanted to tell them to Stop it!, but, after a few claps, they gave up (thankfully). One woman to my left had her cigarette lighter on and was waving it back and forth. Gord finished amid much more applause and started to talk about his next song and how proud he was to have met many of the people connected with this ship (shout-outs started as everyone recognized what song this meant!) and that he was proud of the song, and how successful it’s been. We all laughed at this, as did Gord, as he began “Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.” Lots of applause. No one made a sound as he sang his way through that moving, emotional song. And with the band’s bang-on performance, you could practically smell the salt air and feel the waves pitching under you. About halfway through the song, I suddenly saw with wonder and amazement that about 20 years had been subtracted from Gord’s countenance. It seemed as if he had gone back in time and was reliving the experiences that the song evokes. After wild applause, he intro’d his next song by saying that many years back, he spent time in Charleston and met a beautiful co-ed. We all laughed and smiled knowingly, as did he! Then he began the most exquisite version of “Spanish Moss,” sung with all the passion and reminiscence of lost love. I touched my heart again and sighed. He turned it into a medley with “Shadows,” at which time I realized, too late, that I had forgotten to wear waterproof mascara. I wiped a tear from my eye, as this is one of my most favorite songs of his, a beautiful, romantic, and, to me, almost painful entreaty to a lover who has turned away. He followed that up with “If You Could Read My Mind,” at which time a collective, “Ahhhhhhh!” went up from the audience and you could hear people singing along softly, and many eyes closed. It was a poignant moment. I felt that in some transcendental way, we had all traveled back 35 years and each of us was reliving the sorrow of our own lost love. There was LOTS of applause after this one. Then, Gord went right into “All The Lovely Ladies.” Up to this point, my interpretation of this song had been only one way. However, as he started singing so beautifully, I thought to myself, “My God, it’s a benediction!” I heard this song with ears anew and felt the entire audience was blessed with this man’s grace. I felt so lucky to be there. There was much applause at the end and I could feel the emotions in the air. He then began, “Baby Step Back” as if to pull us out of the quiet mood we’d slipped into. Some people began to clap along. Thankfully, after a few bars, they stopped. Then, he played “Bitter Green.” I think this might have been the song where he picked up his 12-string, but, as I’m not a guitar player and I have to rely on my memory, I’m not positive. He followed that up with “On the High Seas,” another of my favorites from “Dream Street Rose.” That CD was actually the first one I bought last October and it’s still my favorite album. I can listen to it over and over… and I have!! In fact, my 12-year-old wanted to borrow it and I said, “No way! I’ll get you your own!” So I ordered her her own copy!! About two or three songs back, Gord had commented that, “Pretty soon we’ll do the Trilogy…” and, sure enough, at this point he went into a most moving and bang-on version of “Canadian Railroad Trilogy.” He had so much passion in his voice I wanted to weep and smile at the same time. He ended with a final flourish to HUGE applause, and then the band got up and left the stage. Gord shook hands with a few (DAMN LUCKY) fans sitting right next to the stage (We were seated about 25 feet from the stage, positioned just between Gord and Terry.) Then he jauntily sauntered off stage with a spring in his step, holding his guitar, and grinning a big Lightfoot grin – yes, THAT Lightfoot grin! We were all shouting, whistling, calling out, applauding, and standing up in ovation for the man who many have said changed their lives through his music. After a short minute, the band filed back in and the decibels in the room doubled as Gord strode back on stage to tremendous applause. He was smiling and nodding at us, looking here and there, making eye contact with people in varying parts of the audience, seeming to thank them by nodding. His encore performance was “Old Dan's Records.” He was energized and he and the band were all smiling when they finally strode off the stage. We gave another thundering ovation, more shouts and whistles, but, eventually gave up hope of a second encore when the club lights went up and the piped-in music returned. The moment was over, yet the magic lingered on… All I can say is that it was more than I dreamed it would be, and all that I’d hoped for. I am one happy girl. I’ve just experienced 81 minutes of perfect bliss….

Almost forgot... many, many thanks to Susan who wrote down the set list for me.

[ April 26, 2005, 10:21: Message edited by: Sheryl ]
Jap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:09 AM   #2
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

Let me preface this by saying that this was my FIRST EVER Gordon Lightfoot concert! And it was a magical night...

I got there with my husband, Gabe, and there were at least 100 anxious, excited fans lined up outside waiting to get in. After a few minutes, I had my first thrill when I spotted John & Susan Fowles walking up! It was my first time meeting these lovely and warm people! Once inside, we could see wall-to-wall tables set up, banquet-style, sideways from the stage almost to the back wall, and several rows of chairs all around the dining area for those who bought "standing room only" tickets. Behind us was the upraised "balcony" where more diners sat, and in front, the stage... the place where soon all the magic would happen. The room was half-filled already and abuzz with talk. People were sharing with their neighbors about how long they'd followed Gordon’s music, how many concerts of his they'd been to, and how excited they were to be there. Someone said they were told by management there were 700 of us there! There wasn't a bad seat in the house. On either side of the stage were two large video screens where, later, the concert would be displayed concurrently.

Shortly after 9:15 p.m., an excited murmur ran through the crowd and heads turned toward the stage as Mike Heffernan, Rick Haynes, Barry Keane, and Terry Clements took their places. Mike looked fantastic, Rick's cool new "do" (ponytail) suited him very nicely, Barry looked terrific, and Terry, handsome as ever. We were all applauding and shouting. Not a moment later, Gord sauntered up to the mic, the applause got louder, people were shouting out, and excited shouts and whistles rang out throughout the club. He wore (well-fitting, ladies!!) black pants and a short-sleeved black Hawaiian shirt with tan palm trees, and black suspenders. He smiled at us, then turned around to pick up his guitar. The applause didn't stop, even after the first few bars of the first song, “Never Too Close.” After a moment, we let him play! He sang softly at first, but, you could hear every word. It was like ambrosia to my soul. His sweet voice filled the club and my heart swelled with joy. (I still haven't stopped smiling....). The band was comfortable, relaxed, and, best of all, so was Gord. It was apparent. No first-night nervousness here! Before the song ended, the wild applause started, more whistling, and plenty of shouts. He went right into "Don Quixote," which we heartily approved. His polished guitar and tuners glinted brightly under the lights. I saw reflections of light bounce off his guitar strings. I wondered if he'd "boiled" them to make them so shiny!! (Those of you who don't understand this little inside joke, ask John F. I'm sure he'll bring up the topic thread! Next came "Minstrel of the Dawn." He made eye contact with various people, nodding here and there as people called out. After Minstrel, he said, "I guess you heard I was sick a while back..." and went on to talk about how well he's healed up. "I have my bellybutton back now!" Then he leaned over and in a quiet, confidential tone said, "The doctor said it was hiding!" We all laughed, as did he. It was a pleasure to see him so happy. He was radiant, if you can say that about a man. Then, he began to play "In My Fashion." His voice was clear and strong, even more so than the Live in Reno DVD (filmed back in 2000, before his illness). Now, remember, I have never seen him live before and since October of last year I have been able to acquire all of his albums, thus hearing the gorgeous body of his work for the first time only recently. I have watched Live in Reno over and over, and I treasure it. But, in this live performance tonight, there was a fullness, a richness to his voice that just blew me away, left me palpitating in my seat, and smiling a dreamy smile the entire night. He had lots of fun with the “rap” part and it seemed like he really would have welcomed an answer to his question “Do I look like the kind of guy….” I wanted to laugh out loud! The song ended and Gord said, "I wrote this next song when I was going through some emotional trauma… AGAIN!" (Laughter throughout the room.) "AGAIN!" he repeated, smiling at us, as if joking with old friends. We all smiled and nodded, knowing. Then he went into the sweetest rendition of "Harmony" I have ever heard. I have listened to it many times on the new CD, but, the way he sang it tonight, it was so sweet, yet mournful, I found myself touching my heart. The person in front of me was closing his eyes and swaying in time with the music. Everyone's eyes were on Gord, being there with him. Mike seemed almost introspective, at times closing his eyes, Terry watched Gord. Next, Gord said, "I think you'll like this next ditty." (I think he said the word “ditty!”) And he went on, explaining that the song was about sailing etc. He smiled and then began the (very soft) whistling beginning of "Ghosts of Cape Horn." If he was relaxed at the beginning of the set, he was downright in his element at this point. He owned the stage and he knew it. Everyone's head was bobbing back and forth to this jaunty little tune. Shortly into the song, he turned his head to the right and said, “Faster.” The tempo increased slightly. I believe after this song, as he was introducing his next one, he suddenly said, “What is that sound?” People shouted back, “The air conditioning!” There were cries of “Turn it off!” But, being the consummate professional he is, he leaned closer to the mic and softly said, “We’ll play over it.” Next was "Rainy Day People," which set off a burst of applause and shouts of "Yeahhhh!" (Oh, that was me!) It was a smoooooth performance. " Triangle" came next (my 12-year-old's favorite song of his), which made everyone smile and sway in their seats. I believe at this point, he adjusted his capo (KAY-po -- thanks for explaining that to me, Gord!) if I remember correctly, then he started "Cotton Jenny." (It was either for this song or "Bitter Green" later on that he adjusted it, explaining to us, "This is the only time I do this, folks.") After the song was finished, Gord came up to the mic, looked around at all of us and said, "I used to be a country singer." And then he grinned. We all started to laugh, probably remembering "Country Hoedown." Then Gord said loudly, "I Used To Be A Country Singer!" And we all laughed again, "getting" the joke. He said the song was written by "Even Stevens," joking that they called themselves that because they split everything down the middle. Then he began "I Used to Be a Country Singer," and nailed it. Next came "Sundown," to tumultuous applause. He smiled, as did Terry and Rick, at our excited response. Rick sang some of the chorus as I read he did (last night?) without a mic, and at one time, I saw Terry singing a bit, too. Some people starting clapping in time and I wanted to tell them to Stop it!, but, after a few claps, they gave up (thankfully). One woman to my left had her cigarette lighter on and was waving it back and forth. Gord finished amid much more applause and started to talk about his next song and how proud he was to have met many of the people connected with this ship (shout-outs started as everyone recognized what song this meant!) and that he was proud of the song, and how successful it’s been. We all laughed at this, as did Gord, as he began “Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.” Lots of applause. No one made a sound as he sang his way through that moving, emotional song. And with the band’s bang-on performance, you could practically smell the salt air and feel the waves pitching under you. About halfway through the song, I suddenly saw with wonder and amazement that about 20 years had been subtracted from Gord’s countenance. It seemed as if he had gone back in time and was reliving the experiences that the song evokes. After wild applause, he intro’d his next song by saying that many years back, he spent time in Charleston and met a beautiful co-ed. We all laughed and smiled knowingly, as did he! Then he began the most exquisite version of “Spanish Moss,” sung with all the passion and reminiscence of lost love. I touched my heart again and sighed. He turned it into a medley with “Shadows,” at which time I realized, too late, that I had forgotten to wear waterproof mascara. I wiped a tear from my eye, as this is one of my most favorite songs of his, a beautiful, romantic, and, to me, almost painful entreaty to a lover who has turned away. He followed that up with “If You Could Read My Mind,” at which time a collective, “Ahhhhhhh!” went up from the audience and you could hear people singing along softly, and many eyes closed. It was a poignant moment. I felt that in some transcendental way, we had all traveled back 35 years and each of us was reliving the sorrow of our own lost love. There was LOTS of applause after this one. Then, Gord went right into “All The Lovely Ladies.” Up to this point, my interpretation of this song had been only one way. However, as he started singing so beautifully, I thought to myself, “My God, it’s a benediction!” I heard this song with ears anew and felt the entire audience was blessed with this man’s grace. I felt so lucky to be there. There was much applause at the end and I could feel the emotions in the air. He then began, “Baby Step Back” as if to pull us out of the quiet mood we’d slipped into. Some people began to clap along. Thankfully, after a few bars, they stopped. Then, he played “Bitter Green.” I think this might have been the song where he picked up his 12-string, but, as I’m not a guitar player and I have to rely on my memory, I’m not positive. He followed that up with “On the High Seas,” another of my favorites from “Dream Street Rose.” That CD was actually the first one I bought last October and it’s still my favorite album. I can listen to it over and over… and I have!! In fact, my 12-year-old wanted to borrow it and I said, “No way! I’ll get you your own!” So I ordered her her own copy!! About two or three songs back, Gord had commented that, “Pretty soon we’ll do the Trilogy…” and, sure enough, at this point he went into a most moving and bang-on version of “Canadian Railroad Trilogy.” He had so much passion in his voice I wanted to weep and smile at the same time. He ended with a final flourish to HUGE applause, and then the band got up and left the stage. Gord shook hands with a few (DAMN LUCKY) fans sitting right next to the stage (We were seated about 25 feet from the stage, positioned just between Gord and Terry.) Then he jauntily sauntered off stage with a spring in his step, holding his guitar, and grinning a big Lightfoot grin – yes, THAT Lightfoot grin! We were all shouting, whistling, calling out, applauding, and standing up in ovation for the man who many have said changed their lives through his music. After a short minute, the band filed back in and the decibels in the room doubled as Gord strode back on stage to tremendous applause. He was smiling and nodding at us, looking here and there, making eye contact with people in varying parts of the audience, seeming to thank them by nodding. His encore performance was “Old Dan's Records.” He was energized and he and the band were all smiling when they finally strode off the stage. We gave another thundering ovation, more shouts and whistles, but, eventually gave up hope of a second encore when the club lights went up and the piped-in music returned. The moment was over, yet the magic lingered on… All I can say is that it was more than I dreamed it would be, and all that I’d hoped for. I am one happy girl. I’ve just experienced 81 minutes of perfect bliss….

Almost forgot... many, many thanks to Susan who wrote down the set list for me.

[ April 26, 2005, 10:21: Message edited by: Sheryl ]
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:00 AM   #3
SilverHeels

Wow! Sheryl, that is one fantastic review!
Thank you so much.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Long River

Thanks for a great review, wonderfully descriptive. Now I'm more excited than ever - looking forward to August 18!
Long River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:29 AM   #5
Janice

Wow, Sheryl - wonderful review! I am so glad your first Lightfoot experience was so magical.

Sydney Steve owes you a cookie or two, for sure

Janice
Old 04-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #6
charlene

Fabulous review Sheryl! It seems he did CRT for the first time this tour when you saw him last night. It's a BIG song and I guess he was "warming up".
I love the way he leaves the stage-all full of swagger and confidence - it's great to see!
lol
Can't wait for Massey - 23 days to go!!
yeehaw!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #7
charlene

Fabulous review Sheryl! It seems he did CRT for the first time this tour when you saw him last night. It's a BIG song and I guess he was "warming up".
I love the way he leaves the stage-all full of swagger and confidence - it's great to see!
lol
Can't wait for Massey - 23 days to go!!
yeehaw!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #8
Janie

Hi Sheryl,
That was great. Seems like I was at the concert!
You've made my week!
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #9
hkusam

Hi Sheryl,
That was great. Seems like I was at the concert!
You've made my week!
hkusam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #10
Sheryl

You're welcome!! It was an act of love, and I had you all in mind as I was writing it. I wanted to make sure that as you read it, you'd feel as if you were there. Seems I succeeded!

Well, I just remembered a few more tidbits this morning and changed a word here and there to make it more accurate... so read it again for more stuff....

Sheryl

[ April 25, 2005, 12:44: Message edited by: Sheryl ]
Old 04-25-2005, 01:17 PM   #11
2Much2Lose

Sheryl, that was just an amazing review. Thank you so much for that!
Jenney
Old 04-25-2005, 01:17 PM   #12
Jenney

Sheryl, that was just an amazing review. Thank you so much for that!
Jenney
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #13
Florian

Hi Sheryl,

What a marvelous review. I'll be seeing Gordon Lightfoot at the April 28 show in Las Vegas together with my mother & brother. Your descriptive posting makes the last few days until the show even harder to wait through. Looking at the set-lists it seems that Gordon Lightfoot once again takes the audience on a roller coaster ride through countless musical treasures spanning the decades. I hope Gordon Lightfoot plays "Never Too Close", I've already been in love with that song as a little toddler - not understanding the lyrics but happily singing along - and it will be wonderful to see him in concert again
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:59 PM   #14
Sheryl

Jenney, Florian, it was an honor and a privilege to be there last night and to do this for all of you. I'm so happy I was able to "say it like I felt it." Florian, I'll be at the Saturday night show... any chance you'll stay that long? I would love to meet you! And, Jenney, God willing, next year at Massey!
Old 04-25-2005, 06:04 PM   #15
Tyler

Yes I too would love to hear him do Never Too Close. I just think that song is one of those that can hang in your memory forever (as with the rest of his songs too). Hope you stay a bit in Vegas Florian it would be great to meet the elusive Florian!
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:04 PM   #16
brink

Yes I too would love to hear him do Never Too Close. I just think that song is one of those that can hang in your memory forever (as with the rest of his songs too). Hope you stay a bit in Vegas Florian it would be great to meet the elusive Florian!
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:33 PM   #17
byKimberly

Send a message via AIM to byKimberly

Sheryl! I feel like I've just relived a dream.
Wow, you have a marvelous memory! I was up on the raised balcony for dinner and figured it would be impossible to find you. I did spot John and Susan, however. Sure do love the area that venue is in. I'm considering this location, for a future move, I like it that much.
Kimberly
Old 04-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #18
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Sheryl,
Great review ! What can I say ? Thanks.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #19
Sheryl

Kimberly, why didn't you come over? I sat across from John & Susan!! Some tall, good lookin' guy came over and talked to John & Susan, and after he left I asked, "Who was that? Anyone I know?" She said, "He's with Kimberly." So....maybe next time!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #20
Sheryl

Yeah, it was awesome, Al. I'm going again Sat night (Vegas) and I won't be able to get to my computer until the following day. I know it'll be *just* as wonderful. Last night, I told Susan I'd be so busy just soaking in everything, I didn't even want to take the time to write down the set list, so I asked her to do it for me. So, again, lots of thanks to her, the set list helped refresh my memory.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #21
Janie

Hi Sheryl,
I should make some smart remark about your last comment..."tall, good lookin' guy..." (but I'm not really that tall.) Maybe I should wear my cowboy boots to Vegas!
You know, I always had a tough time going back to records immediately after a Gord concert. There was always something of a letdown for me. Not. wanting to plant any notions, but have you noticed that??
Again, thanks for that wonderful review. I came home (from school!) and reread it.
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #22
hkusam

Hi Sheryl,
I should make some smart remark about your last comment..."tall, good lookin' guy..." (but I'm not really that tall.) Maybe I should wear my cowboy boots to Vegas!
You know, I always had a tough time going back to records immediately after a Gord concert. There was always something of a letdown for me. Not. wanting to plant any notions, but have you noticed that??
Again, thanks for that wonderful review. I came home (from school!) and reread it.
hkusam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:36 PM   #23
Sheryl

Ahhhh, so that was YOU?? Wonderful! I was sitting there across from them!! And, yes, *all* my remarks were ACCURATE, LOL! As far as going back to records (well, CD's...), nope! I've been listening all day, just like normal! Last night was truly a dream come true...more than you know! So... you'll be in Vegas -- Brink and I are going to the Sat. night show.. When are you going??
Old 04-25-2005, 10:35 PM   #24
The Rez

Sheryl,

Unbridled Joy!

Such is your Blessing back to Gord.

Such is the Blessing you've shared w/ us.

The Rez
[Psalm 139:13]
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:41 PM   #25
Sheryl

Full-fledged and high-powered, straight-on Joy, you got it, Rez!