banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2015, 01:03 AM   #51
Melissa

Default Re: The Way We Feel tribute shows at HUGH'S ROOM-Toronto-2015

Wow! That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen!
Gord on stage with all those folks, singing Alberta Bound, with Meredith next to him.
Awesome.
Thank you, Char!

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #52
charlene

Default Re: The Way We Feel tribute shows at HUGH'S ROOM-Toronto-2015

It was quite something when on Sunday night David, the host/emcee said the whole gang was coming back onstage, as usual to do a grand finale and basically said Gordon was welcome to join in if he wanted. Well Gordon was up there lickety split and we all went crazy..he was having a ball and the performers were too.. The finale is usually a call/response of Rich Man's Spiritual (first year was Alberta Bound) so I was wondering how that would play out with Gordon...but the Good Brothers hadn't done Alberta Bound which they usually do and I thought was kinda odd...Jory announced the change and away they went..I am so glad and feel very lucky to be able to attend these shows and other on-off events that Gordon attends/does...so so special and I love to share them with folks who can't make it..it's almost like being there I hope!.
I asked Gordon if he had seen the Toronto STAR article published on the first page of the paper the day after the Massey shows finished... He said he did and enjoyed it very much and liked reading about the "Net People"... then he said 'Char! We made the front page!".. lol.. I told him I"ll send the article to him at the office to sign and send back to me so I can frame it and the one the SUN did in Dec.2005..and we said we'd get another phone Chat done too..we never did get around to it before Massey.lol...
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote