View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
Borderstone

Well I'd like to thank "Deal" for posting the words. I've heard the song for 21 years and never "really" knew them.

As for singing it? I can do the lower main lyrics and then the title/chourus line,"Taaake Ohhhn Meeeee",taaaake meeeee o-h-h-n!"
"I'll beeee go-h-h-n-e,and then almost but not quite getting that note that's akin to yodeling!" :D LOL!

Sort of like if Barry Gibb tried it. LOL!

The video (at the time) was nothing short of amazing. Still is kind of. Some lonely young girl is sitting aloone in a coffee shop,reading some kind of action/comic book,
and all of a sudden the main character's animated hand reaches out and basically invites her into the B & W world he lives in.

She can only see him in living color through some kind of opposite efect looking glass/mirror. They're chased by militant like policemen and he helps her escape through a page tear and she emerges back in the coffee shop.
Much to the surprise of the customers & workers.

She grabs up her crumpled book (the waitress thought she skipped out)from the trash and heads home fast. She sees that he's not in there but then looks up and sees he's in her apt.

If you've ever seen the movie Altered States,the lead singer of the group re-creates this when his anitmated character slams back & forth against the walls trying to become "real". He succeeds and they can be together.

Maybe that means Take on me,means give me a chance or a try,I'm trying...why aren't you?

Pretty awesome effects.

[ January 08, 2007, 15:54: Message edited by: Borderstone ]