View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Jenney

Default Re: 10-May-12 Westbury, NY

I don't know how many the theater holds, but it looked pretty near filled.
Gord started off this little tour sounding great! The sound was good, and considering my ears are all stuffed up from a bad cold I've had, that's saying a lot!

He started off with:
Sweet Gunivere
THe Watchman's Gone
Waiting for You
14 Karat Gold
Never Too Close
Let it Ride
Rainy Day People
A Painter Passing Through
Shadows
Beautiful (at this point he made mention about the new cd, stating it was from performances from "the turn of the century"!)
Carefree Highway
Hangdog Hotel Room
Ribbon of Darkness
Sundown
Cotton Jenney

Intermission

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Don Quixote
Clouds of Lonliness
In My Fashion
Minstrel of the Dawn
IYCRMM
Restless
Baby Step Back
CRT
Song for a WInter's Night
Encore: Blackberry Wine

I brought my youngest daughter Emily and her boyfriend Andrew to the show, as they live in the next town. She was facsinated that people remained seated through the entire show. She also asked when to fist pump, and I replied Rainy Day People. She tried, it didn't work. I should mention now that BOTH of my daughters acheived the status in High School of being voted Most Sarcastic.
I got to introduce them to Gordon after the show. He shook Emily's hand and while he was saying, nice to meet you, He stopped and blurted out "you're beautiful!!" I couldn't agree more, and when I get back home I'll share a photo of her and Andrew with Gord.
Gord did mention the Songwriters Hall of Fame coming up after someone yelled out a congratulations. He says he'll be performing solo for that. There was quite a bit of chatter, and lots of I love you's yelled from the crowd.
I would say we're off to a good start! I"m sure tonight will be just as good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EmGordAndrew2012.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	5005  

Last edited by Jenney; 05-12-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote